3. The Night Shift

Milk & Cookies

*Title: The night shift
*Genre: Fluff
*Writer: Ishiee
---------


 

He lets out a tired sigh as he leaned his back on his chair. Kihyun had to stay late in the office for Changkyun's unfinished paperwork due in the morning. The kid made an excuse of having a movie date with someone who shouldn't be named (even though everyone knows who it is). He sighs for the nth time that night as he typed.

Only half an hour passed, Kihyun's already been blinking away his sleepiness as he looked at the screen. "Seven more pages to go..." He mumbles under his breath and pauses, taking a quick break as he rested his cheek on his desk, "Why am I even doing this?"

Hyungwon walks in the room after a quick meeting with the company president. He thought maybe he can ask Kihyun on another dinner, hoping he would say yes. He never have thought to witness Kihyun have his eyes closed though. Hyungwon walked towards his own desk, just beside Kihyun's, and leaned to it.

"Kihyun..." The tall blonde called out, "Are you awake?"

No response. He glanced at the screen with post-it notes stuck on the sides of it, illuminating the shorter's face. Kihyun must have fallen asleep while taking a rest from the work he's doing.

Hyungwon flashes a small smile, taking off his coat and draping it over Kihyun's sleeping state. He takes his chair and rolls next to Kihyun, now completely taking over the paperwork, his tie now loose.

The sound of Kihyun's soft snores calms him. He smiles again as he gently pats Kihyun's head before typing away. Hours passed and Hyungwon finally finished. It's now past 1AM. He stretches his arms upwards and yawns before resting his elbow on the desk and his cheek on his palm while he looks at Kihyun.

"How long are you going to sleep?" He asked the sleeping red-head, now dropping his arms on the desk and used it as his own pillow.

Hyungwon didn't realize he fell asleep while facing Kihyun, right beside him, on the desk. Kihyun woke up an hour later. Slowly opening his eyes and sees Hyungwon's sleeping face close to his. He flinched and felt his ears burn at the distance of their faces but he didn't move away.

He smiled and pulled out his phone to take a quick snap of Hyungwon's handsome sleeping face, maybe to blackmail him for later (or to stare at it for fun). He sat up properly and stared at the taller, just realizing Hyungwon's coat is on him. Kihyun takes it from his shoulder and holds it, now tapping the latter gently on his arm to wake him up.

"Chae. Hey, wake up." Kihyun shook him as gently as possible. "Hyungwon." The said male responded with a sleepy hum, making Kihyun let out an airy laugh.

"Are you awake?" He asked.

"Hm.. Yeah." Hyungwon responded, eyes still closed.

"Why are you still here? It's late." Kihyun asks out of curiosity. Hyungwon flutters his eyes open and smiles widely.

"What's this.. Are you finally showing concern for me?" The taller jokes and surprisingly, Kihyun hasn't hit him yet.

Kihyun just shrugged his shoulders at this. There was no denial or anything. It surprised Hyungwon again. "So, tell me why you're still here." Kihyun asks again.

The taller sits up and stretches his arms again, "I was going to ask you to dinner," he starts, "But then I saw you sleeping in front of your desk doing some paperwork so I did it for you." Hyungwon replies.

"Oh.." Was Kihyun could only say then he laughs. "You know, you just did Changkyun's paperwork for him."

"Really? Damn." Hyungwon frowns and runs a hand over his face making Kihyun laugh again.

"You still scored a point though." Kihyun mumbles as he fixes his things. Hyungwon smiles and pretends he didn't hear that.

"Want to get dinner?" Hyungwon asks as Kihyun handed his coat back, muttering a small thanks in between. Kihyun checks the time, 2:30AM, and laughs.

"Dinner? You mean a classy midnight snack?"

Hyungwon laughs and shrugs. "Whichever works." He replies, "I just want to eat you一Sorry no, I meant eat with you." He laughs again and this time, Kihyun hits him playfully on the thigh.

"Go home. You're drunk."

"Yeah. Drunk in love for Yoo Kihyun." Hyungwon grins and Kihyun blushes. The red-head is thankful the lights weren't on. He wasn't sure what he'll do if Hyungwon witnessed his flushed cheeks.

Kihyun rolls his eyes as he stood up from his chair, finally finished fixing his things. "Let's just go. You're treating me to dinner, right?"

"Yeah." Hyungwon smiled and puts on his coat but didn't bother fixing his tie.

"Do you mind staying over?" He asks.

"Not really. Also, I don't mind eating pizza." Kihyun announces as he waited for Hyungwon to walk beside him.

"Yeah, yeah. But you better sleep with me on the bed this time."

"Whatever."