Timing

You Are The One

Oppa, I like you

  The news of Kyungsoo’s scandal eventually died down. It was never revealed that he has with me. That was relieving. I could've waited longer to tell him my feelings but that’s fine. I suppose that after that day, we acted differently with each other. We weren’t a couple. Just simply friends but with mutual feelings. From time to time, we would meet up like we used to. One time, he even came over with EXO members.

  That day, Minah the TV and there was our Weekly Idol episode. “Hey, isn't that Kyungsoo’s jacket?” Jongdae asked. As soon as he said that, I grabbed the remote and changed it to whatever channel. But Kyungsoo didn't stop there, he tried to take the remote from me to put it back. “Eunsol-ah, did you really wear my jacket? You really do like me!” He eventually got it and as I ran to him to get it, he threw it to Baekhyun and it was tossed everywhere. They changed it back and there I was, wearing the jacket. Byul and Nana started woo-ing. I gave up and just unplugged the TV. “Oh you’re no fun,” Jongdae whined.

  Miyoung walks in and plugs it back in, “I wanna see this.” I wasn't going to stand for the embarrassment so I run to my room. Jimin is in there and she seems to have just awoken from her nap. “What the hell is going on out there?” My face is red and I'm out of breath from running around. “They’re watching our Weekly Idol recording.” “Oh I wanna see!” She jumped up and ran to the living room.

  Kyungsoo walks in right after she leaves and closes the door. Oh no. I'm sitting on my bed as he looks around my room. He especially looks at the Ailee albums neatly stacked above my bed. “Wow, you really are her fan.”

  “Yeah. She inspired me to be an idol.” I admit. In mine and Jimin’s room, there's a big difference; I kept my side plain with only some standing albums for decor while her side has a huge book case filled with mangas – that I actually organized alphabetically – and figurines. “It’s nice,” he comments. “Thanks.”

  We just sat there quietly. I didn't know what to talk about, so I started playing with his hands; tapping his fingers, intertwining my hand with his then undoing it. Something to do. He then started to speak up, “So what else do you like?”

  “Hmm… these days, I've been listening to Adele and Amy Winehouse. I really like their voices. Um, is there anything else you want to know?” He looked up and I stared at him trying to come up with a question. “Is there anything that you like to do?” There's not really much for me to do, especially these days. Europa has been doing a lot of activity. “I like to watch dramas when I have time. Maybe sketch. Nothing fancy. What about you?” “With the comeback, there’s not much time to have a hobby.” Makes sense.

  After letting more awkward silence settle, I grab my laptop and gesture for him to sit more comfortably next to me, “Oppa, do you want to watch a movie?” “Yeah, what movie?” I scroll through what I have and let him pick. At first, he picked Miracle in Cell No. 7 but I convinced him out of it. “I cry every time I watch it and when I do, it’s definitely not a good sight either.” He laughed and told me when he watched it with EXO once. I told him that I know, I watched him watch it in Showtime. He laughs again and then chose The Pirates.

  Around the middle of the movie, I would go back and forth from looking at him and looking at the screen. He kept focused on the screen. My head would move side to side, wanting to rest on his shoulders. Kyungsoo seemed to have gotten the hint and pushed my head on him without looking away. I was shocked at first but then smiled with a slight blush.

  It still hadn’t kept me from stopping to look up at him. I noticed at how he went from looking like a flower boy to a really handsome….man. “What is it?” he questions. His eyes finally look at me and I look away so he doesn’t see that I’m blushing, “N-nothing.” “Then why aren’t you looking at me anymore?” I turn around to look at him and see that he’s really close. We move back a little bit, both blushing but never breaking eye contact. Then, he starts to move closer to me.

Closer…

Closer…

  My eyes naturally close when Kyungsoo is about an inch away from my lips until someone opens the door. “Why is this door closed?” Miyoung nags. She stares at us, who are now five feet away from each other. After a while, she looks at me, “Can you start dinner? It might take a while since we have,” her eyes travel to Kyungsoo, “…guests.” “Um, sure. Of course, unni.” I grab his wrist and leave the room avoiding Miyoung’s gaze.

  Once we’re back in the living room, I ask everyone what they wanted to eat. Answers ranged from tteokbokki and chicken. I just decided to do both since it’s not too hard to make them. “Do you want help?” Kyungsoo asks. “No, I’m fine. Thank you.” Jihye overheard and chimed in, “Unni, you should let him help you! It’s going to be a lot of food after all~.” She winked behind his back and Jimin smacked her shoulder.

  “OH! If Kyungsoo’s cooking, how about kimchi spaghetti?” Baekhyun asked. “No.” I laughed at the flat answer he gave back to him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kitchen with me.

  Thanks to his help, I finished the food in an hour and a half. “Oh~ it smells great unni!” Nana commented. Everyone grabbed the food and brought it over the living room. I didn’t take a bite yet as I waited to see if they liked it. “Eunsol-ssi, this tastes amazing!” Yixing said. The rest of the guys nodded in agreement. “Thank you, sunbaenim!”

  “Isn’t this from what your grandmother taught you?” Jimin asked. I nodded. “How is she, by the way? Haven’t seen her since we were in junior high.” The guys looked at us a bit shocked. “You guys knew each other since then?” Baekhyun asked.

 “Almost our whole life,” I replied.

 “That’s so cool, you both even got grouped together,” Yixing added. I went back to Jimin about my grandmother and how she had to go back to America for health reasons. “Tell her I said ‘hi’.” “Of course.”

  The guys got a call from their manager around 9 pm to come back to the dorm so they left. I wanted to give Kyungsoo a hug before he left but there were so many people around that I got shy. Under his breath, I heard him say “cute” and he patted my head and left.

  Miyoung almost started to continue the nagging from earlier when Byul came in and stopped her. I mouthed a thank you to her and she winked at me in response.

  I threw myself on my bed after a shower. The moment of my face being close to his replayed in my mind and I became a beet red. I almost had my first kiss. Thanks, unni.

  My phone rang and I picked it to see a message from him. A smile came upon my face.

From Kyungsoo: Goodnight, Eunsol-ah.

To Kyungsoo: Goodnight, oppa.

 


 

3 months later

  Hoon announced that Europa is going to start working for our comeback in four months and we each have to figure out what other activities we’d like to do. Minah suggested that Jimin goes for Unpretty Rapstar but she thought it was too early for that. We were given about a month to figure it out.

  We headed for the gym after our short meeting. On the way there, Nana asked me what I might want to do. “I’m not so sure. There's a lot of choices.” Jimin chimed in, “Well with the amount of movies and dramas you've watched, why not acting?”

  “With the amount of rapping you do in the shower, why not Unpretty Rapstar?”

  “Okey, okey. I get it,” Jimin sounded a little defeated.

  “I’ll do acting if you do that. I think you’ll be really good at it.” Her pouty face looks at me as I said that. “You…..you really think so?”

  “I agree too, unni. You’ve improved a lot since our beginning trainee days,” Nana encouraged. The both of us stared at her for an answer. “Okey, I'll do it. But you have to do acting, that's our deal,” she held out her pinky. I grabbed it with mine and combined our thumbs, “Promise.” Nana jumped up and down like a child and went to announce it to the other members.

  “Cute kid,” we said. Jimin then linked her arm with mine as we walked behind everyone. “How’s it going with you and D.O sunbaenim,” she asks. “Pretty good. He’s really busy these days filming a new drama.”

  “Ahh, I bet he's tired. Have you guys talked about you two?”

  At first, I didn't really know what she meant and it took me a while to register. “Oh, not really. It's hard to talk about that with our schedules.”

  “That's true.” We talked about it for a little while longer before going into the SM gym and went our own ways.

 


 

  When we got home, I ran to my room to log in my computer in hopes that I don't miss the drama I'm watching. Thank god, it just started. Miyoung yells for me to calm down but I focused her out. Byul walks in and sits next to me, “You couldn't even wait for me?” “You're too slow, Byul-ah.” I say bluntly.

  Miyoung called for take-out because Jimin was just too tired to cook in place of me. Byul and I watched – and cried – the drama with no care for what was going on around us. We weren't even disturbed by the slight snoring from Jimin in her bed across us.

  Our maknaes walked in with food in their mouths and looked at my laptop screen. “What drama is this,” Minah asked. “Fated to Love You,” I say without hesitation. “Nice,” she just says and they both leave.

  The episode is done, we have dry tears on our face and puffy eyes. “I'm going to bed, night,” Byul announces. I get up and leave with her to wash my face. After, I go in the kitchen and eat more food before going to bed.

  KaTalk! My phone beeps. Just who is messaging me so late? Before I even get to check, Jimin springs up from sleeping. “Look, it's cute that you have a boyfriend or whatever and all, but I'm trying to sleep. Turn the ring off or get a new roommate.”

  “Shut it, go to back to sleep,” I snapped back. She threw a pillow at my face when I wasn't looking and fell back. “Rude,” I said under my breath. I took a look at the message under my bed sheets.

From Kyungsoo: I’m back from filming. I have a day off in a few days. Do you want to come here at our dorm?

To Kyungsoo: Are you sure that's alright? I don't want to get you in trouble.

From Kyungsoo: Yes, it's fine. I asked my manager.

To Kyungsoo: Okey then. I'll see if I can. Goodnight, oppa

From Kyungsoo: Goodnight…

I blushed a little at the thought of seeing him again. It’s not that I missed him so much, he just made me happy when I was around him. My phone vibrated once more.

From Kyungsoo: ..jagiya

  Now I'm sure my face is as red as an apple. He acknowledged me as his girlfriend. Butterflies flew crazily in my stomach. I happily stared at the message as I drifted off to sleep.