Think of Him, Too

You Are The One

Eunsol’s POV

          “Alright now for this next shoot, look to that corner and give me a longing look,” the photographer directed me. No, not the couple shoot for Céci. A group photo shoot for an upcoming single to be released in about a couple months. The couple shoot is in five days and I still couldn’t come to a conclusion about what to do.

          Plus, I haven’t even found the time too. It’s only been three days since President Kim spoke with me and I had suddenly been scheduled to sing a duet song for an OST. The recording started yesterday, but the producer wants me to come back in today for a re-recording. I was really excited for this opportunity to do something outside of my group.

          Manager Hoon dropped me off at the C & J Entertainment building for the recording of the OST. The members lazily bid me goodbye as I climbed out of the van. Hoon insisted on walking me in, but the members looked really tired so I just let him go.

          Throughout the recording, I was out of focus. Time was ticking and I was growing in anger thinking why President Kim couldn’t give me more time. A week is too soon, did he expect something to happen? Were we so obvious? Could someone possibly have seen us? Maybe because of the scandal that I put Kyungsoo through.

          “Eunsol-ssi, what are you doing? Focus, I don’t want to call your manager about your behavior,” the producer snapped at me. “I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.” I bend to a 90-degree bow. The session went on for about four hours. After I called my manager to pick me up, I texted Kyungsoo.

To Oppa: are you busy tonight?

From Oppa: I won’t be done with my schedule until midnight

To Oppa: that’s fine with me. Want to go get ramyeon?

From Oppa: sure, I’ll meet you at the convenience store by your dorm

          I check my watch. It’s 3:48 pm. When I get back home, Minah and Nana have to come with me for grocery shopping.

 


 

          “Unni, pass me the puzzle piece next to you,” I walk inside and see Nana with Byul putting together a puzzle in the small table in the middle of the living room. In my shared room, I can hear noises coming from the TV and Jimin shout a swear. She’s playing that new video game she bought then. The rest of the members are scrolling through channels on the TV in the living room.

          “Oh Eunsol-ah, you’re back,” Miyoung called out without looking at me. I head to the kitchen to prepare some chamomile tea for a nap before I go to the store with the maknaes. Walking in my room, bright colors blind my sight. “Hey, welcome ba—ARE YOU KIDDING ME, I HELLA SHOT HIM IN THE FACE!” Jimin is sitting on her bed dressed in her sweats and hair messily tied up. Her thumbs are aggressively pressing on the buttons. Her head points to a nearby remote as a sign to join her. “I have to go buy food plus oppa wants to hang out tonight; I want to take a nap while I still can.”

           “Just twenty minutes,” she whined. I couldn’t deny that I wanted to play so I just complied and told her I’d only play for a solid twenty minutes like she said. She puts on the mode for multiplayer as we start shooting zombies one-by-one and such. Curses were flown here and there as our characters were put down but it was fun.

          Unfortunately, the tea was kicking in halfway but I was into the game, I made myself pull through the limited time I promised to play. When I dragged myself across the room I knocked out as I hit my sheets even with the noise of the TV, quiet curses and clicking of buttons.

         


 

3rd Person POV

          Shopping was turning to be a nightmare with the two girls. Eunsol was ready to go home and scold them for fighting over what cereal they should buy for the dorm. They fought over other things too but none of them escalated like they did over a breakfast item. Minah would run around searching for free samples, Nana drooled over the meat section.

          The only thing keeping Eunsol sane was seeing Kyungsoo tonight after his also busy schedule. Happy thoughts, Eunsol, happy thoughts she’d whisper to herself. These girls were idols, but acted like five-year-olds. She just walked through the supermarket by herself and continued with the list she wrote.

          “Okay, that’s everything. C’mon girls, let’s go.” Eunsol called the others.

          “Unni, can we get beef? Pleaase?” Nana begged over the phone. Minah was also with her and also attempted to pry Eunsol to buy some. “Guys, you know beef is expensive. No, come with me in line and let’s go home, Manager Oppa must be waiting already.” She hung up as they were still whining, not wanting to hear another word. Miyoung wasn’t the only strict one. Eunsol pulls out the company card ready to pay for everything when the girls are spotted running from the corner of her eye.

          10:16 pm

          Eunsol was looking at her watch when the cashier was handing her back her card. “Miss? Your card.” Minah took the card and bowed her head. She pushes her unni out of the way. “Oh, sorry,” she says as she walks along into the parking lot. Hoon steps out to carry some of the heavy looking bags and drops into the back trunk. He laughs at Eunsol’s annoyed look, “They’re difficult to shop with, aren’t they?”

          “Oppa, we were well behaved. We’re not that bad,” Nana sounds offended. That was all it took for Hoon to burst into laughter. “Okay, just get in the van.”

         

          An hour before her date, Eunsol was in the bathroom cleaning her face. She’d rather do it now than wait until coming back home and knowing herself, she’d just risk getting acne and go to sleep with makeup on. Besides, they’re only getting ramyeon. She applies a protective lip balm on so her lips don’t become dry in the cold night.

          In the shared room, Jimin is sleeping with her phone dimly lit next to her face. Eunsol gently pulls the phone away and places it on the bed stand. On her own bed stand she grabs a black cap, keys and her phone. Looking back Eunsol checks if everything is in place before leaving the dorm.

 

          12:18 am

          “Oh , I’m late,” Eunsol whispers. She had breathed in prepare herself running but someone coughed loudly behind her.

          “You didn’t see me waving back to you when I was close to the dorm a few minutes ago?” Kyungsoo’s voice caused Eunsol to turn around. Her boyfriend had a mesmeric smile that blessed her eyes. She caught herself staring for a long time as he was snapping her fingers in her face. “Jagiya, let’s go.”

          They walked side by side to the convenience store and sat at the side booth inside waiting for the ramyeon to cook. Under bright light, Kyungsoo noticed that Eunsol had no makeup. She’s…. she looks so pure. She’s so beautiful, he thought. In his eyes, her skin looked smooth and there was a small mole on her eye lid, probably covered by eyeliner.

          “Now you’re distracted. Is it my face?” Her own voice snapped him back. Hesitantly, he nods his head. Embarrassed, Eunsol looks down to her lidded ramyeon looking at the steam seeping through the cover. “Your bare face… it’s cute,” Kyungsoo confesses. His head is turned to his right as Eunsol smiles at him. His slight blush makes her giggle. Cute.

          The preferred two minutes for the ramyeon to cool off passed and Eunsol started eating first. Looking over, Kyungsoo’s cup was more red than hers. He got himself an extra spicy flavor. Hers was a medium. Spicy foods tend not to do her system much good at late hours. Her sleeping hours would get worse as her stomach burned throughout the night. But here was Kyungsoo, practically devouring it like nothing. Maybe it’s just me that that happens to.

          After a silent slurp, Kyungsoo speaks up, “So the photoshoot is in a few days. Can I tell you something important?” Eunsol nods as a signal for him to go ahead. She’s thinking that maybe after hearing him, she’d get a better lead of what decision to make. He takes another bite to calm his racing mind. “I hate to be selfish, but I think we should do it. I like you too much to let a company force us apart.”

          Eunsol had not expected that to come from him. A million things were running through her brain. There were only two options for her. One was to become public and make the company more money. The other was leave Kyungsoo and if CEO Kim was rude enough, make her leave Europa even. Youngmin loved nothing more than money and he started using their relationship as a pawn.

          She stood there unresponsive trying to take in what Kyungsoo just suggested. She wants to ask the girls what they think she should do, but they have no idea about this. Eunsol couldn’t bring herself to tell them. There was another person that she had in mind but had no way to contact her either.

          Deep breath in, and release. “Oppa, what about your image? What if your fans leave you–”

          “Then they’re not real. I waited an entire year to come forward with my feelings, Eunsol-ah. Do you really think I’ll let you throw it away because of what our CEO said? Because of a couple crazy fans?” As much as he had a point, there was something he shouldn’t have said. That part echoed in Eunsol’s ears. Her neck was becoming noticeably red despite her hair covering most of it. Kyungsoo caught on to what he said and instantly regretted it. “Wait, no, I made a mistake. I didn’t mean to—”

          “So it’s all on me? I have to choose for us?” Eunsol’s voice had combined two emotions she was feeling. Anger. Hurt. She let out a huff of frustration as she looked out to the dark streets. “Do you know how much I’ve thought about the possibilities that could come from what seems to be just some photo shoot to some people? It’s not just a publicity thing, oppa, there’s more to it.”

          12:56 am

          “It’s late, I’m going back to my dorm,” Eunsol threw her chopsticks and empty cup away and walked out alone. There was more thinking to do now that his side has been shared. More turnouts that could happen. Her over-flowing mind would even think of the worst, almost impossible scenarios of what could happen in both events if she did or didn’t show up in what would now be two days. I have to tell the girls now, maybe they’d know what to do.

          After five minutes of being alone Kyungsoo ran up and grabbed her arm, turning her around. “Fine, but listen to this; don’t show up if you’re more concerned about fans looking down on us. Put yourself first for once. And think… think about my feelings too.” And he walked away.

 


 

          Getting to the dorm safely, the first thing Eunsol did was lock herself in the bathroom. Think about my feelings too. That was it. Tears poked out of her sockets softly. That’s the one thing she forgot to include in her thought process. How would he turn out? If I go, at the end of the day, we’re together. He’ll be happy. Smiling. And for that, so would I. I’m so stupid. Why… why was this so hard to see?

          Eunsol splashed water on her face and headed to bed. She hated herself that she didn’t put the most important person first. She was so focused on not putting her own feelings into the equation and wanted to figure out what was the smart move. She focused on the cons.

          She looked at her phone waiting for something to happen. He didn’t text her good night as per usual. Is he really that mad? Thinking too soon, there it was.

From Oppa: I’m sorry for snapping at you, but honestly. Did you really think of all the possibilities?

To Oppa: No, I’m sorry. I should’ve thought about you said from the beginning. I really do care about you. I just… panicked. I wasn’t thinking straight. I’m so so so sorry.

From Oppa: Dummy. You always over think everything. Good night, jagiya.

To Oppa: Good night. Sleep well.

 

          Eunsol had a busy day with Europa filming a new MV for their new mini album. While the filming crew were in the midst of asking some members questions about the song, Hoon pulled Eunsol aside. “Are you okay? You’re in a bit of a mood and I can’t tell how you feel. What is it?”

          She built up confidence for what was to come next.

          Here goes nothing.

 


 

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! I had such a hunch over this chapter, I had no idea how I wanted this to be written. Hopefully you guys like this chapter! Please comment on how I can make this story better!

Also, my tumblr blog is open to idol x reader scenarios. Follow my blog sabor-a-ksoo.tumblr.com and feel free to request!

Thanks for reading and see you soon!