Happy Birthday, Jagiya (Pt. 2)

You Are The One

3rd Person POV

          Unknown: you don’t belong in Europa

          Eunsol was more confused at the words rather than threatened. Exactly what did it mean? Does someone dislike me this much? She didn’t really like that it was anonymous either meaning that it could be from anyone. Memories flashed back and thought that maybe it was her. Yet, that thought left her mind quickly because although she didn’t like her, there’s no way she could possibly know her number to send this.

          So who is it?

          Eunsol turned around ever so slightly to see Kyungsoo looking down at her. “Are you okay?” She put her phone away quickly and smiled into her words that she is fine. The two rejoined the party with their friends. Both Jimin and Eunsol put this debacle aside knowing that today isn’t the day for that.

          Jihye unwraps the cake box and carefully sets it in front of her unni. Byul skids across the floor to turn off the lights as Jongdae lights the three candles for his dongsaeng. “Make a wish, Sollie,” Mrs. Lee’s face beamed. Eunsol closed her eyes and pretended to make a wish as she blew out the candles. Byul was quick to turn the lights back on and applauded the birthday girl.

          As Jihye walks closer to hand Eunsol a gift, the boys rushed in front of her and pushed bags into Eunsol’s arms. “Sunbaenims! You totally pushed me behind!”

          “Open my gift first!” Tao exclaimed. In the small pink box was a phone case with some cute animals on it. The others gave her a gift card with money they put together just in case she finds something she actually likes rather than be stuck with something she might not.

         

          After cake was served, Eunsol’s parents went back home and the rest gathered for movies for the time being. Shyly doing so, Eunsol holds onto Kyungsoo’s hands with the daintiest blush on her face. He finds it the cutest thing in the world every time she initiates skinship between them.

 

          When the EXO members were starting to make their way back to the dorm, Kyungsoo stood in front of the door with Eunsol, alone. “Thank you for coming, I had a really good time. Hopefully we’ll do this again soon.” Kyungsoo hums in response and before he turns to leave, he leans in and presses a not-to-short peck on Eunsol’s lips.

          “Sleep well, jagiya.” He joins s in the van and heads home.

 

 

2 weeks later

          The ASC producers asked last minute if Europa would fill in a spot for someone else. It wasn’t too much of a problem for the group actually. As much as they need rest, they thought the show would be fun and they would be able to talk to international fans. They got ready around 9 in the morning to head to the studio and gone over some questions that are most likely to be asked. Some members practiced the little English they knew with the MC’s and English speaking members.

          Eric and Kevin had fun joking with the girls and Jimin took many selcas with Europa. But the best part was the snack table that the girls stuffed their faces with. Chung Ae basically stuffed her small face with shrimp fry chips. Hoon had to scold them to not eat so much or they won’t perform as well for the show and will gain weight.

          Eunsol picks her phone from her pocket and checks for the fourth time that day. No messages. Staring at the blank screen was a little disappointing. It was becoming harder to keep a full conversation going with Kyungsoo since there seems to be some edge going on recently between the group, but not a lot of people really knew what it was about. Hopefully all is well and they’re resting, Eunsol thought and chimed in the conversation that Byul and Miyoung were talking about.

 


 

(Flashback, 2011)

          “How’s mom? Daddy?” she snuck out of the trainee dorm and called her older brother in the middle of the night. His voice was a bit deep and raspy, meaning he was very tired. “Well if you miss them so much, come home.”

          “Oppa, you know I can’t do that. Daddy spent so much money for my singing lessons.” Once she reached a certain age, she begged her parents to let her audition for SM. It took her four hard times but she eventually made it in. She had work done on her nose, though. But she didn’t take it the wrong way. Her parents, on the other hand, were furious. They were basically told by the company that their daughter wasn’t pretty enough. She couldn’t lie to herself that she didn’t at least feel the same way but, when it was finished she liked that now she was prettier.

          She’s gone through about two years of training already but thankfully to her new friend and now group mate, Kim Miyoung, it’s been okay. Miyoung was so sweet to her. Just a little older, but never rubbed in anyone’s face. She liked how Miyoung looked so innocent.

 

          One day, a tall lanky boy walks in the trainee dance practice room and is introduced as the girl’s new manager. “Wait, if we have a manager, does that mean we’ll debut soon?!” the girl asked. Their manager, Gyo Hoon said that Lee Soo Man had chosen the other girls for them to be a full group and hopefully, in maybe a couple of years, they’ll debut. She couldn’t wait to tell her friends at school.

 

(2012)

          The eight girls were moving about their trainee group dorm moving boxes here and there. Because of the small size, one of the members had to sleep in the living room. She didn’t mind though. The TV was there so she was happy. Her name was Byul Wynn. She’s a Korean-American who was born in Maine, but went to the New York global audition.

          Then there was Kim Minah, a spirited dancer with feet that wouldn’t stop moving. Even as she unpacked her clothes and hung them up, she did little dance movements. Kang Nara, the baby maknae who was also as energetic as Minah but much louder. They instantly became best friends.

          Song Jihye was on the quieter side, but the maknae line seemed to make her look more lively than when she first walked in the new dorm. She’s actually close friends with two members in this group, which is great considering that everyone is put together at random. Kwon Jimin was a year older than Jihye and has known her since her second year in middle school, Jihye’s first year at the time.

          Now there was another girl there that seemed oddly familiar and she was sure that before today, they never crossed paths. Everyone was Korean, but the only thing Korean about this girl was her name. She looked…. Japanese? Thai? As Jimin randomly stacked little figures on a shelf in her side of the room, the foreign one was vigorously organizing small things in a freakishly neat way.

          “Um, excuse me? I don’t know why, but you actually look familiar. Where from Seoul are you from again?” she approached behind her to study her face once more. “Gwangjin-gu.” So we did live in the same district, she thought. “O-oh! Me too! I must’ve seen you at least once!”

          They exchanged friendly smiles and she asked her one more question before she went into her room with Miyoung. “What’s your name again? I wasn’t here to welcoming you guys.”

          “Eunsol. And yours?”

 


 

(Present, 2014)

Eunsol’s POV

          It’s been a while since Kyungsoo has seen me or called me. Not really because he’s busy, but I’m busy. Europa’s busy. We’ve gotten booked entirely from variety shows to public appearances, fan signs, and stage performances.

          The message I got on my birthday is still in my phone. I would look at it every now and then to get a hint of who it might be. It wasn’t as nerve-wrecking as it was the moment I got it. Maybe it’s a prank? Because after that, I never got another message like it again. Jimin eventually told me that she got the same message too.

          “Whatever, let’s just delete it and move on. It’s no use trying to figure out who sent such a stupid message,” Jimin declared. We were at the SM building when Hoon got the call from the CEO that Young-min wanted to see me. I was confused why, but started making my way.

 

          Just outside of the doors, Luhan walked down looking upset and when his eyes locked with mine, he put on a fake smile I easily detected. “Sunbae, are you alright?”

          “Y-yeah, why do you ask?” His voice was a little shaky. I knew it wasn’t my place to keep pestering him with questions, but I had to know what was wrong. “Sunbae, you know you can tell me—” the secretary called for me to let me know Young-min was waiting inside. I looked back and forth from the door to Luhan. He ruffled my hair and left. I hope he’s alright.

          I took a deep breath and walked inside. Young-min seemed to be very happy. I bowed respectfully and asked for the reason being called in. “You see, Eunsol, as I did give the okay to yours and Kyungsoo’s relationship even before both of your contacts aren’t at the point for you two to start one,” I slowly drop my head at hearing that, “I’m sorry CEO-nim.”

          “Listen to what I have to say. You two are main vocalists in your groups and whatnot. I’m thinking about slowly giving hints to the public that you two are together. Starting with a simple, casual photo shoot for Céci. Next Thursday. The news will have to wait until fans start to make connections so that we can confirm and our company will receive a lot of attention.”

          I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Soo Man didn’t want Young-min doing anything and here he is, still wanting to use me and Kyungsoo for the company image. “The shoot is up to you if you want to do it, you are not forced into the shoot. But if you don’t do it, this relationship will be over. I’ll make sure of it.” I can’t believe this. Without getting a reply, he says he’d rather wait for my answer by whether or not I show up to the shoot. He mentioned about bringing in Kyungsoo later for the same talk and I should convince him as well.

          But…. I didn’t think this is such a great idea. I’m not sure I’m ready to take it public. Just imagining the fans after me for being with him. Looking at him. On the other hand, we’ve been together for already six months and I don’t want to end it. Which is the right choice? I wish I had her here to help me. Other than Jimin and Jihye, there was another friend I briefly knew that I could talk to here at SM. But because she grew tired of being put down and basically rejected all the time, she dropped out and I never heard from her again. It’s been…. three years? What... what was her name again? My phone rings and the look on my face lightens up a little.

From Oppa: after a short meeting, do you want to have coffee? I miss you

To Oppa: of course, I miss you too oppa

          I had about two hours to think about my decision if I want him to do the shoot or not. There’s honestly so many things that could go wrong…. but does it make me selfish that I want to stay by his side and him at mine? My members will also get hate, but I like him so much. What is the right choice?

 

          Before his meeting, I told Kyungsoo that I would buy the coffee and wait in one of the dance rooms that was open. I probably waited around ten minutes in the practice room with both of our coffees. When he walked in, he had a slightly nervous look on his face, already knowing what CEO Kim told him. I tried to play it off casually and passed him his coffee and waited for him to say something. His opinions on what we should do.

          “What are you thinking?” I asked him.

          Cutting to the chase, he just answers, “What do you think about our CEO’s proposal on us? Do you want to go with it?” I avert my eyes to the lid of my cup. “Give me time to think about it. It’s so sudden and I have to consider all the possible affects. Is that alright?”

          Kyungsoo placed our cups on stool and held my hands tightly. “Of course. I just want you to know now though: I don't want you getting hurt. I deeply care about you, jagiya.” I took a deep breath and start talking about my activities lately. He starts showing me his smile complimenting how pretty I am when I smile while talking about the things I do with my group and it made me happy. He tells me about the boys at the dorm finally settling down and enjoying each other like they used to.

         

          Our conversation would stick to my mind that night when I returned to the dorm. The way we are so comfortable together. CEO Kim had made things difficult when he wasn't supposed to. It may have not been a definite order from the Chairman, but who was I to think that the CEO would even for a second listen to Lee Soo Man. I don’t know what to do yet, but if anything all I hope is that we stay close together like we are now. To not lose what we have. 

          Because I love him.

 


 

 

A/N: I HAVE RETURNED FROM THIS LONG LASTING HIATUS!!! Sorry for taking so long~ College is very stressful ;-; I hope you can understand. Thanks for reading and please leave some comments/subscribe to my story! I'd very much love some feedback! Until next time!