Do I Like Him?

You Are The One

    Eunsol-ssi​, I like you.

  It’s the only thing I could think of for the past couple of weeks. I haven’t been able to focus during any of my practices. Everything took twice as long because my instructors yelled at me not paying attention.

  I haven’t seen Kyungsoo since then. More like I was avoiding him. EXO members would stop to say hi to me and the rest of Europa but once he joined, I made an excuse to leave. Maybe I’m being too dramatic about it.

  The thing is that I don’t know why I’m avoiding him in the first place. It’s not like I agreed to date him. We’re still friends. Nothing’s changed.

  But now I’ll be after you as a man.

  “EUNSOL, THE COFFEE!” I heard screaming all of a sudden. Next, I felt a burning hot sensation all over my hand. I completely forgot I was pouring it. I yelled in pain and grabbed hold of it with my other hand. Jimin grabbed a cold, wet towel and wrapped it around my burned hand. “What’s wrong with you?! You’ve been acting strange these days.”

  Should I tell her? She might help me with it. “Yah, Jimin-ah… can I tell you something?” She looked at me worried. “For the past few months, I’ve been hanging out with Kyungsoo sunbaenim and he confessed to me two weeks ago.”

  Jimin was shocked. “He…. he likes you?” I nodded. “So what now? Did you say you like him back?” “No.” I could feel tears wanting to come out but I fought against it. Jimin took a deep breath and sat back in her seat. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

  It was a good question. Why didn’t I? I didn’t do anything wrong. “Forget I asked.” She probably saw me getting over analytical about it. “Well, do you like him? And don’t lie to me.”

  “I don’t know,” I simply said. And it was the truth. My eyes were on my hand as I rubbed against the pain. “I don’t know.” It was all that I could say. I’ve gotten a bunch of different emotions since that day. I should have seen it coming when he asked to meet me all of a sudden. Why was I so clueless?

  Kyungsoo never showed any signs of affection. Or maybe I rejected them unknowingly. Jimin spoke up, “Well, you better figure it out. That’s all I can say right now.” As always, she’s right.

  Miyoung, Jihye and the rest of the members walk through the door and freeze when they see me with a now bandaged left hand sitting across Jimin in the living room. “What happened to you?” Miyoung already freaking out. “Oh, unni. I just got it burned a little. I’m fine,” pulling a fake smile on my lips. Hope she buys it.

  She grabbed my hand and rubbed it softly like a mother taking care of her child, “Okey, but please be careful, I’m worried about you.” I laughed sincerely this time. Her reactions were always exaggerated. It made me feel better. After that, my mind went back to normal and I focused on things that were important: my career.

 

  For the rest of the day, I stood by the girls as we enjoyed the rare day off and watched movies. I even called my mom to check on how she was doing. I didn’t tell her what was happening because she would over react. I was her only child so she tended to be almost too protective of me. Overall, it was a good day.

 


 

10:30 pm

  After watching about three movies, I check my phone and see a message on my Kakao.

  Can you come to the studio?

  It was Kyungsoo. I stared at it for a few seconds then finally worked up the strength to text back. I can’t avoid him forever, either. We are both under SM.

  Sure.

  As I grab my hoodie and keys, Jimin asks where I’m going so late at night. “I’m going to see Kyungsoo sunbaenim.” With that, I was gone.

 

  I walk into the studio with a coffee in my hand. There’s no one inside. The message had seemed to be sent a while ago. He probably waited a while then left. I turned around to leave and almost dropped my cup when I saw someone standing way too close to me.

  “Hi,” Kyungsoo laughed at the way I got startled. It wasn’t funny at first but then I loosened up and started laughing as I hit his shoulder. “Sunbaenim, you could’ve given me a heart attack.”

  Things got back to normal now. He cleared his throat and began to speak, “Eunsol-ssi, have you been well?” It’s his way of asking why I’ve been avoiding him, I guess. “Yes, I’m fine.” Yeah, I’m fine.

  Kyungsoo smiles at me. “Good.” There’s a short silence between us. “Well, are you ready to start?” I look up doe-eyed after taking a sip of coffee, “Hmm?”

  “Mentoring. You haven’t been slacking off in the time you haven’t seen me, right?” Ahh. “Oh, no sunbaenim.” He pulls two chairs next to the piano. “Okey, let’s start.”

 

  Everything went as if nothing happened. It was good that things stayed the same. I worried for nothing. We finished around two and a half hours later like usual. Kyungsoo was about to leave first until he turned around and grabbed me in his arms. I stood there shocked with my face against him, barely able to peek over his shoulder. He….he smells nice.

  What felt like forever only lasted for a couple of minutes. My face is completely red. His signature smile plasters his lips as he looks at me. “Good night, Eunsol-ssi.” And he’s gone.

  I’m standing there alone and realize that I’ve been holding my breath. He’s making my heart beat faster once again. Why do I feel this way? My phone starts vibrating in my pocket which makes me distracted for a while.

 From Jimin: Where are you?

 To Jimin: Sorry, I’m on my way back.

 


 

  Two steps in the dorm and she’s already playing 20 Questions with me. “How did it go? What did he say? Did something happen?” I’m too tired to be answering all these. “Nothing happened. I’m going to sleep.” “Oh, okey,” Jimin stopped, “night.”

  One last thought went through my mind before I fell asleep: Do I like him?