002 Curiosity

See you again

Oh my gosh. Did I just tell him my secret spot ?!!
I mean I get his habit of singing but I need peace and quiet to draw and him singing is distracting.
“Can I come with you ?” He asked.
WHAT?!!!
“I mean  I kinda like seeing you draw, can I come ?” He asked again .
KRINGGGGG
“Too bad maybe next time .” He stated.


Okay.. I was actually joking. I knew that she needed her space but it’s funny to see her act so indifferent.
“No!” She accidentally shouted startling me.
I didn’t bother her for the next few classes. I pissed her off, that’s not good. I’ll have to leave a good impression to her at least.


He hates me now, Oh crap.
For the next few lessons he didn’t say a word AT ALL.
I feel bad now..
Did I scare him or something ?
 Just focus on the lessons Joohyun. That’s the only way you’ll get through today, I told myself.
And so I did .

The class ended ,finally
I swear students would run faster out of class when school ends compared to a fire drill. I packed my stuff and I saw Baekhyun rushed out of class with his friends.
 I packed up my stuff and I went home.

I went home just staring at my room because of the piles of clothes and files on my
 bed. I moved them to my study table and then lied on my bed.
What just happened today ?
What’s with Baekhyun today anyway ? Why was he acting well, bipolar?
I was tired so I ended up sleeping early .
5 a.m
not bad Joohyun.
I got ready and then went to the nearest convenience store.
Btw If you’re wondering where’s my parents, they work abroad and I stay in Korea with my aunt who’s currently on a business trip so technically I'm alone for a few days. I didn't really mind though, I can live on my own. 

I picked one of my favourite instant noodle, one chocolate bar and a bottle of water.
As I wait for the cashier to scan my items, I realized that the cashier is actually Baekhyun.
"Hey." I spoke.
"Joohyun.Hey." He replied
"What are you doing here? I thought your family is .." 
"Rich ?" He cuts me off. "That doesn't mean I can't work for fun right ?" He continued .
" I didn't mean that, I'm sorry."
"It's okay, my shift is going to end soon.So let's go to school together, I'll wait till you finish your food." He said looking at the things I bought.
Did he just say that we'll go to school together ??!! It's a freaking dream come true.
Wait.. Why would he want to go to school with me ?
I mean, we've never actually spoke to eachother up until yesterday.

I ate my noodles silently while watching him getting bored at the counter. He caught me staring at him and gave me a smile.
This is weird.
Anyone would feel happy but I don't know why, I just felt puzzled.
Once I was done, I waited for him to change into his school uniform at the store's closet.

"Sorry I'm late. I didn't know that you would wait." He said 
"Well I did. Let's go now." I told him.

The school is just a ten minutes walk from here. It was silent for a few minutes until he decided to speak.
"Aren't you curious? " He asked
"About ?" 
"Why I suddenly decided to talk to you?"

"Not sure I want to know the answer." I told him honestly.
"Should I tell you ? Yet I don't think you would care ." He replied with the cheeky smile of his.
"Tell me then. I'll decide whether I should care or not." I boldly told him.
"Are you sure ? Curiosity killed the cat." He said.
"It's probably better than die of curiosity." I said to him. 

"I'm moving to Seoul." He said as we arrive at school.
I stopped.
"Your friends are there" I pointed toward Baekhyun's friends as I saw them hanging out together. I left him and went to the  roof.


"I'm moving to Seoul" I told her.
I didn't know why I told her but, I guess I just wanted to.
I wanted to see her care about it.
At the same time I don't want her to care.
Then again, she actually waited for me .
Does that mean she actually likes me ?

She looks upset and she left.

I went ahead to my friends.
"Dude, I saw you walking with Joohyun!!!" Chanyeol smirked.
"Yeah.." I uttered.
"What's going on with you ? Don't tell me, she rejected you ?" Hyemi asked.
"I don't even know."


I honestly didn't know what to feel.
What was I supposed to feel.
I was confused.
The feeling of your first love crush going away 
I shouldn't even feel upset because let's be real,
nothing were meant to happen between us.

I took out my sketch book start drawing.
"Hey.." My friend interrupted me drawing.
It was Minju. She was probably the only person who knew about my crush on Baekhyun ever since Middle School.
"Hey Minju" I weakly replied
"I saw you and Byun just now,you look upset rather than happy.”She nonchalantly stated.
“He’s moving soon.”
“That’s great !” She exclaimed.
“For you..”
Minju and Baekhyun has always been competitive. Being the two top students in this school, they would often be compared by the teachers from time to time. Sometimes, Baekhyun would be first place and sometimes Minju would. Either way both of them are in a different class and Minju and I can only hang out before school and sometimes during recess. Minju would be busy with her flute class.
“I’m sorry Joo, but think of the bright side, you can finally confess to him. What’s the worst thing that could happen? He’ll be gone and there won’t be those awkward moments when he doesn’t feel the same.”
As much as I find it annoying that Minju’s excited for him to leave, she’s right, I got nothing to lose.
“You’re right !” I agreed with her. 



Introducing new characters
Baekhyun's friends
- Park Chanyeol
- Seo Hyemi

Joohyun's friend 
- Kim Minju

I'm actually trying my best to make it seem like the world revolves around them.
Like it's just you and me.
Then again in reality, you should at least have one friend 

-Liyana R.