Heat

I Love You & I Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: The title is supposed to be Heat , but for some odd reason, AFF won't let me change it. Enjoy this drabble!

She heard about what happened during the daily phone call. It had been a few days since they last spoke. She was busy filming her new drama while he was off touring in Europe; it was getting harder and harder to keep track of what city he’s in but the geotag in his Snaps (“How old are you? Snapchat is for young people, oppa,” she had when he started his account) always gives her a clue.

“Sohee-ya…” his voice sounded more frail than usual that night. It was actually early morning for her - she had just finished shooting her last scene for the episode and had just arrived in her apartment. Whoever said that being an actress is easier than being an idol clearly has no clue what each profession entails; they are both equally time-consuming and energy-draining, just in different ways.

“Did you call earlier? I’m sorry, I was asleep in the car,” she quickly apologised as she changed into her house slippers and made her way to her bedroom. Her eyes were half-closed at that point and the only guiding mechanism is the muscle memory.

“Yah…” he murmured something unintelligible. This was something that never failed to bring a smile to her face. If normal guys would talk in a high-pitched, baby voice and call it aegyo, Kwon Jiyong’s brand of aegyo is in this undecipherable murmurings.

“Did you just finish a show?” she plopped down on her bed, rubbing her eyes.

“I almost passed out,” his voice was just above a whisper but it  got Sohee’s eyes shooting open and heart stopping.

“WHAT?”

“They said I had a heat ,” he continued.

She closed her eyes, trying her best to remain calm but it was not working. “How are you feeling now? Are you okay? Did you eat? Drink more water,” her questions and command

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter