Six Words. Fifteen Letters.

I Love You & I Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ANONYMOUS SAID: Authornim, gimme some angst fanfic but happy ending>< ofc my fav couple sohee gd kkk. Lets make sohee jelly with gd and sandara x)

Note: I have not abandoned Duplicity, I promise. I've been travelling loads this past week hence the lack of time to write but when the request came in, I couldn't resist. Being angsty is kinda nice, eh? LOL. Anyhow... feedback is always welcome! :D 

Edit - I just realized that the request asked for a happy ending (thanks sailorjiselle for pointing this out). I thought about editing it to add a happy ending but then I would skip a lot of progress between Jiyong and Sohee. Perhaps in the future, I might go back and add giant chunks of things to this fic to make it end happily. But for now, I'm sorry that I didn't fully complete the request.

Title: Six Words. Fifteen Letters.

“I love you,” and “I’m sorry,” are the two phrases that seem to go hand in hand. At least, in Sohee’s world.

The first ever string of I-love-you-I’m-sorry came from the woman who gave birth to her. She was 50 days old when the woman whispered a teary, “I love you but I’m sorry…” to baby Sohee before leaving her in her crib without a glance. Perhaps it was too hard. Or she was too eager to leave. Sohee never knows. Some days she hoped it was the former while other says she knew it was the latter.

That first time, though, was more than enough for Sohee to stop believing in those words altogether. It meant nothing coming from the woman who was supposed to mean it the most, so coming from anyone else, how could it actually be true? And that was how Ahn Sohee lived her days - fighting to survive and building a wall around her heart, brick by boring brick that’s meant to keep people out. It worked just fine. She was happily trudging along through life, shying away from people when they got too close and keeping herself together. Until he came in.

Well. Barged in, to be exact.

He knocked on the door when he asked her out on a date. They had known each other for a year and she enjoyed spending time with him. Their coffee Thursdays. Their taco Tuesdays. But when he asked her out, she said no, laughing and thinking that he was just joking around. He liked to tease, you see. And she thought that he was doing just that. Upon rejection, the hurt that crossed his face was too slight for anyone to notice, even himself.

He knocked on the door again and this time, he was more persistent. He didn’t hesitate to let everyone in their circle of friends know about his affection and longing for her. Kwon Jiyong wanted Ahn Sohee. Everyone knew that. And when she said no, the hurt that crossed his face was replaced by determination. He had to have this girl.

He knocked again and again. Seriously and jokingly. When they were alone and when they were surrounded by friends. From the casual “See how perfect we are for each other?” to the heartfelt ones like “I want to take care of you, Sohee. Can’t you see that?” when she nearly fainted bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter