Sweet & Easy

I Love You & I Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: So one of my favourite fanfiction writer in another, completely non-Kpop fandom did a series of drabbles following a list of one hundred ways to say I love you. Each drabble is short and sweet, so I want to do the same for Heedragon. I’m picking a few numbers at a time but if you want to request for certain numbers, feel free to do so!

Title: Sweet & Easy

1. Pull over, let me drive for a while

It was 01:00 AM when Sohee was jolted awake by some unknown force that caused her to sit up straight. It took her a while before she could fully take in her surroundings. The road was now empty and the music was playing silently in the background. She looked to her left to see Jiyong, both hands on the steering wheel and eyes focused on the road, blinking one too many times.

"How long have I been out for?" she asked gently. He turned to her with the gentlest smile and answered, "Just an hour."

"G-d, I'm so sorry," she shook her head, "I went to Daegu so that you don't have to make the drive back on your own and here I was, falling asleep."

He laughed, "It's alright. I didn't know the track meet was gonna end so late too. We shouldn't have stayed for the after party." She chuckled, trying to ignore how much she loves hearing him say 'we' in reference to them. Like they're a unit.

They sat in a few more moments of comfortable silence when Sohee noticed Jiyong's grip of the steering wheel becoming tighter, a sign of him fighting for concentration.

"Pull over, let me drive for a while," she finally said. He looked like he was going to argue but he realised that it was no use. This is how he knew that they're a unit - he doesn't need to hide his exhaustion or weakness in front of her. He doesn't need to pretend or to act like something else. He can just be himself and that moment, he was grateful to hear her offer.

"Thank you," he softly whispered before he fell asleep on the passenger seat.

 

10. I'm sorry for your loss.

It happened without notice - no warning signs, no onset illness, no nothing. She was completely fine one day and the next, she was gone. Sohee was on her way to organic chemistry class when she received the phone call, and the world seemed to stop spinning when she heard her dad's stuttered words and breathless whispers. "She's... she's gone..." he uttered before Sohee lost all power on her legs and collapsed on the ground. A few people in her surroundings that recognised her immediately ran to her aid and got her where she needed to be: by her dad and sister.

She didn't speak much - she couldn't. She didn't know how to verbalise her emotions. When Krystal arrived, huffing and puffing with Minhyuk trailing close behind her, she thought that she could maybe let all of her emotions go in her best friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter