K&R

Puppet

Chapter 7

K&R

“You can go and rest Donghae-ssi, I will be there with him. Don’t worry and just take it easy for today as for what I perceive from what happened, you must’ve had it hard on you.” Yesung coaxed the other, leading him inside his room.

Donghae tried to refuse but after much persuasion, finally gave in. “Fine. Thank you for your concern Yesung-ssi.” He mumbled tiredly but smiled at the other in gratitude. After all he was the one who had saved him today. “Thank you for everything you did for me today.”

Yesung chuckled lightly before replying, “Don’t mention it, it was my pleasure to do so.”

“No seriously, I am really grateful for your help! Kindly do tell me if you need some kind of help, I will be eager to help you Yesung-ssi.” Donghae said, receiving a nod from the other.

“Okay I will, take care. By the way you can call me hyung, no need to be so formal to me.” Yesung said, heading towards the door. Suddenly he stopped. “On the second note, I may have something in which you can help me. Do you want to?”

“Yes of course!”

8~҈~8

“But isn’t it weird hyung, it’s the first time I have seen him opting to have Heechul hyung as his guarding companion instead of you.”

“Yeah…I also think Minnie hyung is right. Is it possible that he might be suspecting you?” Ryeowook queried worriedly, looking up at the pacing man.

Yesung was biting his thumb lightly, thinking hard. Sunho wasn’t someone to be thought less of. He had proved it multiple times, the most recent being the Kyuhyun incident. “I just hope he wouldn’t try to put him against you too otherwise Heechul hyung is gonna beat him to a pulp.” He said, chuckling afterwards.

“Oh well let’s leave all that serious talk for some other time. It’s been so long that we all got to be together like this!” Henry complained, stretching his arms above his head. His straw hat was lying on the bed beside him, having some leaves and flowers stuck to it. He was the royal gardener after all.

Zhou Mi nodded in agreement, sitting down beside Kibum. He and Kibum managed the library and served as strategists in the times of war.

“Guys! Let’s play!” Sungmin proposed, standing up.

“Play?”

“Yep, let’s play hide n’ seek!”

“Hmm…but what if someone saw us? It wouldn’t be good…” Kibum said worriedly.

“Well…I can just order them to vacant the castle and we can play inside?” Yesung provided, looking expectantly at his other companions. It was an opportunity that he didn’t want to miss.

8~҈~8

Kyuhyun sighed, eyeing the small silver ring in the palm of his hands. He traced the K&R engraved on it, embedded with diamonds.

“Kyunniekyu~ Look what daddy brought for us!”

The 4 year old Kyuhyun looked up from his mud castle only to see Ryeowook trip on his own feet and fall down. Something shiny escaped from his small fist and landed on Kyuhyun’s head.

Kyuhyun picked the small thing from his head and looked at it. It was a small shiny ring, glistening brightly in the sunlight.

“What is this Ryeongu?” he questioned the elder who was busy dusting his clothes.

Ryeowook looked up and smiled before rushing towards his friend. “Look!” he said, ing his chubby hand forward. An identical ring was on his small thumb, too big to be on his ring finger. “It’s gotten a K&R for Kyunnie and Ryeookie!”

“It’s so shiny!” Kyuhyun said, awed by it.

Ryeowook took the ring from his hand and slipped it on his thumb too. “Now look! We have the same ones! Daddy said that if we wear them then we will be besties forever! That’s so good, right Kyukyu?”

Kyuhyun smiled, looking at the identical bands. “Yes it is Wookie! So want to help me in completing my castle? Then we can both live in it!”

Ryeowook nodded happily, following the younger towards their new-castle.

Besties forever? Kyuhyun snorted just thinking about it. To think the once cute chubby guy would turn into such a tyrant.

He scoffed angrily, getting up from his bed and moving towards the window. He tightly gripped the window sill, the curtain swishing beside him from the slight breeze blowing. The ring dug in the palm of his hand, blood slowly slipping in between his fingers.

“Come back soon Kyu! We will be waiting~!” 20 year old Sungmin said, handing him a box filled with candies and cookies. “I made them myself. Try not to eat them at once or you can get cavities.”

“Uh okay, hyung.” Kyuhyun said, laughing uneasily. His hands were already overloading because of the various ‘goodbye’ gifts given to him by all of his hyungs, his uncle and father. Just not one person…the one he had been waiting for… “Teukie uncle…where is…uh…where is Wookie?”

“Aaish that little prince, getting sick today of all days.” Heechul commented.

“Come on Kyu, you are getting late.” Sunho said, guiding Kyuhyun towards the carriage waiting.

“But Wookie…”

“Don’t worry Kyu, we will tell him that you were getting late and had to leave.” ZhouMi said, smiling at the younger.

Kyuhyun just nodded, stepping on the carriage. Sunho and Hangeng helped him in piling his stuff inside. “See you after 4 years everyone! Tell Ryeongu that I will miss him and beat him when I return for not coming to see me off today.”

“Yeah yeah kiddo, now do your best while there.” Leeteuk said, laughing.

All of them bid their last goodbyes as the carriage started to move out of the premises. As they were all turning around to head back inside, a blur passed by them. A weird blur.

“What was that?” Kibum questioned, turning around. Others followed suite and gawked as they saw a weird blue ball running after the carriage.

“What the…Ryeowookie!?” Yesung yelled after the running boy, immediately dashing after him. Hangeng and Heechul soon followed him along with Kibum, ZhouMi and Sungmin.

Kyuhyun rested his head on the palm of his hand, looking boredly out of the window. Feeling as if something was missing, he looked at his hand only to find that his ring wasn’t there. He cursed to himself, looking around but found it nowhere. “Heck, I forgot it!” In all his worries, he didn’t hear the commotion outside.

Ryeowook continued running after the carriage screaming, “HEY! KYU~! WAIT UP!” He coughed loudly, his breath coming in short gasps. He felt his body heating up further but he didn’t care. He needed to meet his bestie before he went away for 4 years. 4 really looooong years…

“KYUHYUNNIE!!!” he yelled at the top of his lungs. Not able to run anymore, he fell down on the path, panting heavily. He felt black dots clouding his vision, his head feeling dizzy and oh-so-damn hot.

“Ryeong!”

Ryeowook smiled to himself, thinking that he was dreaming.

“Oi wake up! Ryeowookie!” Kyuhyun yelled, shaking the panting figure of his friend on the ground. He got rid of the blankets surrounding his body, sweat dropping at how he could’ve run all the distance here while being cocooned in them.

“Here take it. You forgot it in my room yesterday afternoon so I decided to do something with it.” Ryeowook said, handing Kyuhyun the ring he had previously forgotten. It now had diamonds embedded in the initials and the size of the band seemed slightly bigger too. “It was getting small for you so I thought to get it big for you.”

“But you didn’t have to run all the way here! Now you are burning up you idiot!” Kyuhyun scolded the other.

Ryeowook just smiled up at him. “But it was worth it. I had to see you off or I would’ve had to wait for 4 years.”

“HEY!! WAIT UP YOU IDIOTSSSSSSS!!”

Soon a horde of people was crowding around them.

“You idiotic Wookie! Look what you made out of yourself…now it’s gonna take more time for you to get better again.” Sungmin scolded him lightly, picking him off the ground.

“But it was worth it hyung…it was worth it…”

Damn it…damn it all!

Looking at the blood-coated ring once, he threw it out of the window. Salty tears dripped from his eyes as he tried to erase all the memories of his past.

Back then everything was so good but now…nothing seemed to be right anymore.

8~҈~8

Yesung snickered to himself, hiding behind the bushes as Sungmin and Henry tried to find him. Suddenly something smacked right in the middle of his forehead. He yelped lightly, rubbing the red spot. He eyed the red covered ring with curiosity, not able to decipher who it belonged to. Then his eyes fell on the K&R that he remembered. Looking around he saw Kyuhyun standing in front of the window, wiping his eyes.

‘Poor Kyu.’ He thought sadly, getting up from his hiding place and making his way towards the younger’s room. ‘He needs to know the truth.’ He resolved, holding the ring firmly in his hand.

TBC

Well...I tried my best..? Really though, I had not even a speck of inspiration, the school is being a damn b**ch and am getting ill way too often (hope it isn't something serious...) 

Hope you liked it~ Maybe the rings will play some imp role in future~? Maybe not~~

Can be considered as kinda filler~

~Please comment~ They make me happy and if I am happy I don't get feverish all of a sudden and can WRITE~~

Thanks for reading!

Pardon for mistakes commited...