New Bodyguard

Puppet

Puppet

Chapter 4

New Bodyguard

Donghae checked himself again in the full body mirror, fussing with the cuffs and collars of his new uniform repeatedly.

“Don’t worry too much, you look great in this.”

Donghae turned around to face the intruder. “Who are you?” he asked the shorter man who continued smiling.

“I am Lee Sungmin, the royal chef and Wook’s part-time caretaker.” Sungmin introduced himself, extending his hand towards the other man.

‘Caretaker?’ Donghae thought confusedly. Nonetheless he grasped his hand firmly before shaking it lightly. “I am Lee Donghae, the king’s new-“

“Bodyguard, right? Come on, I am here to bring you to him. I bet you are gonna like him!” Sungmin proclaimed excitedly.

‘Yeah, I am really going to like the guy who ransacked my village’s life and has one of my villagers as a prisoner.’ He thought sarcastically but smiled on the outside. He needed to keep up the façade. After all, everyone from Oracias had their hopes set on him. Suddenly he felt even more nervous.

Sungmin, who seemed to have sensed the new guy’s nervousness, patted his back lightly before ushering him towards Ryeowook’s room.

8~҈~8

Ryeowook rubbed his newly bruised arm, wincing lightly. He wiped away the slight moisture that had somehow made it past his tightly shut eye lids.

Sunho continued to glare at him. “Did you really think that I won’t get to know what you were doing behind my back, huh? First clearing that village, then releasing the prisoners behind my back! You even had the audacity to do so even you were well aware of the consequences!?” he yelled at the late-teen.

Ryeowook didn’t even flinch, way too accustomed to those loud booming yells being directed towards him. Suddenly he found himself on the ground, clutching his aching stomach.

“Remember this Ryeowook, you are nothing. Absolutely nothing! So don’t try to over smart me or you and your useless father will have hell to pay.” Sunho warned. Suddenly a knock interrupted them. Sunho cursed under his breath at the interruption before glaring at the guy on the floor. “Don’t just sit there you useless brat.” He sneered at him. Ryeowook quickly got up, wincing lightly from the pain shooting up from his stomach. “Make yourself presentable! Is this how a king is expected to be!?” Sunho scolded him, pushing him towards the wardrobe.

Ryeowook stumbled lightly from the force but managed to maintain his balance. He took out a jacket and wore it over his shirt, effectively covering his bruised arms.

“Now sit down. I will go and open the door.”

8~҈~8

Sungmin knocked on the door twice and waited. Behind him, Dongahe was still being overly self conscious and was fussing with his uniform jacket. Sungmin chuckled lightly at the obvious nervousness the other was radiating. He frowned when nobody answered the door. Maybe Ryeowook wasn’t in there. He was just going to turn the handle when he heard a voice. And it didn’t belong to his little friend.

‘Sunho? What is he doing here?’ he thought, his brows scrunching in worry. Suddenly the door was opened.

“Oh! Sungmin-ssi! Come in come in, I and the king were just discussing about some important matters.” Sunho said, gesturing towards Ryeowook who was sitting rigidly in his seat, a cold expression on his face. Sungmin and Donghae bowed down in front of him, receiving a nod of acknowledgement from the teen.

“Greetings your highness, Lord Sunho.” Sungmin said before stepping aside to let Donghae come forward. “I was just here to introduce Donghae-ssi –he gestured towards the man beside him- to his highness. He will be fulfilling the role of his majesty’s new bodyguard.”

Donghae nodded in affirmation. “I vow on my life, that I will forever keep you safe my lord.” He vowed, his right hand on his left pectoral.

“Oh I hope he won’t give you a hard time. He is one naughty kid, aren’t you?” Sunho said, only Ryeowook being the one who understood the double meaning behind his words. He got up from his seat and did a one over of the man.

“Who chose him?” he asked, his voice deprived of any kind of emotion.

“Commander Heechul and Hangeng-ssi.” Sungmin provided, earning another nod. Suddenly a person knocked on the door.

“Yes?” Sunho asked the messenger standing on the door.

“Lord Sunho, there are some matters that need your immediate attention. If you will follow me…”

Sunho nodded before excusing himself. Just as the door closed behind him, both Sungmin and Ryeowook sighed in relief.

“Finally! I thought he was never going to leave.” Sungmin said, wiping the sweat formed on his forehead. “Okay, you both get acquainted. And Wookie, don’t behave like that, this poor soul is nearing a heart attack.” Sungmin laughed. He bid them farewell and exited the room.

For a few moments an awkward silence hung between the two, neither knowing what to say. It was then that Ryeowook decided to finally end this awkwardness. “If you will follow me…” Ryeowook began, gesturing towards the door. He lead the way, Donghae following behind him closely. They exited the room and on the sharp right, there was a door. Ryeowook handed the keys to Donghae and gestured for him to unlock the room. Donghae did so, albeit hesitantly. Who knew what this little king had in store for him?

Once the door was unlocked, he turned the handle. He slowly opened the door and peeked inside. It was pretty simple when compared to the other rooms yet it was more than enough for him. After all back at home, he didn’t have any of these comfortable facilities that he was getting now.

“Go on, it’s yours from now on.” Ryeowook spoke up from behind. Donghae looked at him before nodding his thanks and bowing lightly. With that, Ryeowook turned around and re-entered his room. Donghae entered his new room visibly excited. He closed the door behind his back and spotted his luggage neatly placed in a corner. He nearly skipped over to the big window on the opposite side of the room. Sliding the curtains to one side, he gazed down and saw the training grounds, the big lush gardens, the dungeons…! He slapped himself for nearly forgetting his main aim for which he came here in the first place.

He needed to free Kangin as soon as he can and for that, he needed to somehow gain access to the dungeons. Somehow, he had to.

8~҈~8

“Wookie!” Kyuhyun yelled, pounding on the doors of Ryeowook’s room. Not waiting for a reply, he kicked them open.

“OMA-!”

His sudden and loud entrance caused Ryeowook to lose his balance and fall back from his bed. Kyuhyun just laughed at his friend’s misfortune, jumping over his bed to look at his fallen form. “That was hilarious Wook! You seriously haven’t changed a bit. Just as easy to scare as before!” he laughed.

Ryeowook huffed lightly but still a small smile managed to grace his lips. He stood up, straightening his clothes. “Nor have you.” He said back, collecting his fallen papers and storing them in a drawer in his bed side table.

“Come on now you lazy bum! I still have to meet everyone else! It’s been so long since I have seen you all. Come on take me to uncle Teukie first. I sssooooooo damn miss him!”

Ryeowook felt as if the air around him had suddenly vanished. His worst fear was coming true right in front of his eyes.

TBC


The next chappie will be out soon~! Hope it was okay enough and not downright crap? Kindly tell me your thoughts~!