Honeymoon Suite

t h e d a y i m e t y o u

Arranged marriage is a funny concept...all your life you are taught to not speak to strangers and suddenly you are asked to sleep with one!

 

 

She stared at the honeymoon suite in awkward curiosity, her stockinged feet nervously shuffling across the vacuumed carpet that covers all hotel rooms.

Seokjin latched the door, making his new wife jump and turn around to look at him with a fearful look.

“Sorry,” he blurted, placing the hotel card key on the table as he too padded into the room.

She shook her head. “It’s fine,” she said back, returning his unconvincing smile. She turned away from him, making her way to the glass doors at the end of the room.

The honeymoon suite was huge, with adjacent rooms and a huge balcony facing the ocean. The hotel they stayed at was one of the most luxuriest places he had ever been to, and it was in both their parents’ interests that they have a honeymoon that was out of this world.

He watched her back as she stood meekly at the balcony, stuck in his thoughts. He hadn’t known that he would be married so soon, and at his mother’s choice too. The girl that was brought home possessed little confidence around him, always looking down at her lap, speaking in hushed tones, and not letting him learn of her aspirations or thoughts. She didn’t have any opinions whenever he asked for them, instead preferring to smile politely and agree.

In short, she was his domineering mother’s best candidate. That way she would still have her son to herself without worrying about any resistance from his wife.

Seokjin sighed quietly to himself, tossing his coat over a sofa, and loosened his tie as he went to check the other rooms.

As he opened one of the doors, his eyes widened, stepping into a lush, heavily decorated shrine. There was red everywhere, the curtains, the unlit candles, the walls, the carpeting, but most importantly, the thing it strived to showcase.

The bed was enormous, with numerous lace curtains, thick white blankets and fluffy pillows.

But what bothered him greatly was the rose petals. It was completely engulfed in them, like the hotel staff had expected the new couple to fall onto it and be covered in the scent as they performed the highly anticipated event after a successful marriage.

Seokjin shut the door as fast as he had opened it, his face blushing fifty shades of scarlet. No way was he going to do…whatever he was supposed to do. His sister was going to laugh herself to tears just teasing him. From what he knew, his family and his bride’s had come along on the honeymoon trip, and was staying in the rooms below. He didn’t know whether to be glad of the extra company, or suffocated at their presence. He could already imagine being pelted whether he had ‘done’ it or not. He shivered, cringing at the thought.

When he turned, he was surprised to see her behind him.

“M-minhee!” he stammered, standing in front of the door defensively, “Ah…were you looking for something?”

She stared at him with a neutral expression on her face. “What’s inside?” she asked, so quiet he had to bend down a little to hear her.

“I-inside? Well, ah, I don’t know how to p-put it in words,” he said in a rush, feeling breathless. Namjoon always watched his questionable adult films on TV so it was all pretty open for anyone to see. Now he was paying for all his sin by having to hide the very place where he should be looking forward to spending the night in.

He decided to be honest, because, let’s face it, she was going to find out sooner or later. “It’s the bed,” he told her, stepping aside, “But let me just get some air before you open the door, okay?”

He moved out of her sight, hiding behind a wall, as her small hand reached out and turned the doorknob.

From his position, he could see her side profile, and as soon as her eyes fell on the room he could see her eyes widening and opening in shock.

Then she too slammed the door shut, disbelief evident on her face. She turned and looked around, flustered, when she saw him peeking at her.

Her cheeks blazed red, and so did his.

Talk about awkward.