The one who waits, and the one who can't catch up.

When I swore to never love again.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When I swore.   I was still leaning at the railing, watching Jiyong walk up beside me and he gives me a playful elbow. He gives an easy chuckle. "You had me worried there, hyung! I mean..." He looks at me and he rubs his nape awkwardly, "well, you know what I mean." He gives his neck a stretch. "You really had me worried there." He repeats.   "Why?" I ask, terse and abrupt.   He snaps his head back to regard me a little incredulous. "Why what? You... You said you're not doing that for me! I mean taking her home, and she told me you'd been extra nice to her. And I... I... If you like her..." He says looking down to his feet, his voice getting weaker, quieter, "I can't compete with you."   I frown at him, "what do you mean can't compete with me? Your her boyfriend. Are you an idiot? There is no competition. You win."   He looks at me a little doubt  apparent from his pursed lips, "Hyung, are you sure you don't like her?"   I stared at him, unblinking. I kind of twistedly wanted to know he'd react if I said no.  "Yes. Drop it, will you?"   "You sound like you do." He says petulantly.   "Well, I don't." I tell him. I never paid attention but lies... Lies had a certain tone to them, don't they?   "But if it's not for me, then who were you sound them for?"   "No one. Everyone. Somewhere in between." I answer. The setting sun was unbelievably bright. It was almost blinding. "Look, Jiyong. I did that for me. Is that so awful? I don't like her, not in the way you think I do." Lies had a certain tone to them, like harsh cracking glass. "I mean, it was nice knowing someone who do not know who I am or what I've done. I... I would never like her the way you think because that part of me... It's gone already." Or at the very least, they shouldn't be there.   "Okay." He says after a moment of silence, "okay, I'll trust you."   And I laugh, ed that made my stomach feel empty. Trust is stupid and heavy and there were already too many people who trust me. Trust are shackles of expectation. "Yeah?"   "Yeah."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter