Chapter 2: Awkward First Meeting

Our Story

For most of the attending audience, the concert was the main event of the night, but for the six roommates the main event would be going backstage with Chiyo after the show; the VIP treatment. Watching the concert was exciting enough on it's own, but the only thing each one of them could think of while watching their favorite stars perform, was actually speaking, interacting with the idols. Obviously, though, that excitement came with nervousness, one sure thing to make you look like a fool. Hope you don't look like a fool...

Babo! Marlies thought to herself as she almost tripped over her own feet. Chiyo was currently leading them through the doors to the backstage; they had gotten special badges from her, for free of course.

Tala was dragged along by Emma and Chiyo, even though she wasn't a huge fan of SM. She would have been super excited to meet idols, yeah, but her cousin was one, she was best friends with a few because of that. So this wasn't much of anything to her.

Laura was silent as possible, she didn't want to screw anything up. Her social skills weren't quite on par, but that wasn't going to stop her from meeting SHINee.

Jae Kyung tried to act as cool as he possibly could. To anyone seeing him, he seemed quite calm for what was happening, but on the inside he was freaking out. His favorite group was f(x) and he was about to meet them.

Emma was a nervous wreck; shaking, sweating, panic attacks-- she felt as if she would cry any second.

Chiyo led them to f(x)'s dressing room door. Marlies supposed she knew they weren't getting dressed. She noticed Jae Kyung stumble in nervously, a big difference to how he had been acting the whole night.

He smiled nervously as the group turned there heads to the roommates. Victoria and Luna walked over first, Luna yelling "Hello!"

The roommates gave a strangely chorus-like hello. Krystal and Amber walked over after the first two, and they stood in a row in front of the roommates. The roommates bowed as Chiyo began, "These are my new roommates guys! They wanted to meet you!"

"Good to meet you!" Luna said smiling. The group continued to rave to f(x) about such things as their favorite members, favorite songs, and their remorse about Sulli leaving. 

"Chiyo!" Emma's heart stopped. That voice. She turned and began tearing up. Taemin.

She backed behind everyone else as SHINee entered the room. She felt jealousy as Chiyo talked to Taemin with such ease. Laura and Marlies were saying hi to SHINee so easily! 

SHINee. They were so friendly. Key was even flirting with Marlies. Tala was talking to Amber about their mutual friendship with HyunA. Jae Kyung was talking to Luna and Krystal with such coolness. 

Laura stepped away back to Emma. "Are you alright?" Laura asked. Emma nodded idly in reply.

"Emma!" Laura put a hand on Emma, snapping her out of her frozen state. 

"Sorry. How do you talking to them so easily?" Emma asked, agape.

"I'm not letting anything get in the way of this chance," She paused to open a folded piece of paper and held it to show Emma, "Emma look, I got Taemin and Minho's numbers. They want us to come party sometime." She smiled mischievously.

"Wow! Really!?" Emma squeaked, slightly too loudly. She paused for a moment before asking, "Us?"

"Yeah," Laura said, still smirking, "They emphasized us. All of the roommates." She folded the paper again and stuffed it in her pocket. "Why don't you talk to them?"

"No." Emma said outright.

Laura grabbed Emma shoulders and pulled her forward, shoving her up to Taemin while saying, "I know he's your favorite."

Meanwhile, Key had his hand on Marlies shoulder. She had already been blushing enough, this didn't help. She giggled nervously at something he said. "Who's your favorite member?" He asked, with that familiar mischievious look on his face.

"Jonghyun." She replied. It was the truth, and she was teasing him at the same time. 

"I'm your favorite!?" Jonghyun popped in from behind Key, laughing. "Oh too bad Kibum!"

Chiyo came in and put an arm around Marlies. "Yooo! Flirting already Kibum?" She laughed, smirking.

Key scoffed as their manager came in to yell for me. 

"Sorry, guess I have to go." Key looked Marlies in the eyes. A look that melted her reality. Maybe Jonghyun wasn't her favorite, hm?

"Hey guys!" Chiyo yelled, "Get out!" She yelled toward the roommates, laughing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laura lay in her room, thinking. What could she text Taemin and Minho? Was this real? 

She heard a knock at her door and sprung up to open it. Emma was there, "Hey Laura. I wanted to ask you something." SHe smiled kindly.

"Anything." Laura nodded.

"Is it okay if you got a roommate? A new girl called me yesterday about moving in. Her name is Raehwa." Emma explained.

"That's fine!" Laura paused for a moment, "What did Taemin say to you today?" Taemin had been her favorite member, but she didn't want to make a big deal out of that.

"Nothing much. I was too stupid and gross and ugly to talk to him for long." I said. Laura rolled her eyes and punched Emma playfully. Emma giggled, "I'm kidding! He really didn't say a lot, just commented on how nervous I was and asked who my favorite member was-- I said him." Emma blushed, "What did they say to you?"

"Same thing, really. They were so nice." Laura laughed.

"I know.. Can you believe that happened?" Emma asked.

"No!" Laura replied, "It's unbelievable."

~~~~~~~~

The next morning everyone woke up late and gathered at the breakfast table.

Chiyo marched in happily later than everyone else, "So how are you guys!? Oh wasn't that fun!?" She said excitedly.

Marlies put her head down, giggling. Emma shook her head, laughing. Laura looked down at her phone, still thinking of what to say.

Tala shrugged, "No." She said, "Let's go see BEAST!" She fake-whined.

Chiyo's phone buzzed, and her face immediately scared everyone.

"PARTY TIME!"

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS! So it's 1 am and I just worked all day, so this chapter might totally cause it's all fluff. But clearly the next chapter should be exciting? Maybe, I don't know, you'll have to see ;)

I don't want you guys to hate this story, but I need to get this awkward beginning junk out of the way.

Please check out my blogs for updates on stuff like where I am with updating this story and watch my dancing kkkkkkkkk PLZ I

Sorry if your character wasn't in it a lot? I feel like I have a ton of characters right now. And if it's too Emma-centric, please let me know and tell me if that bothers you.

I have so many interesting ideas for this story, please be patient! ^_^