Chapter 1: Welcome!

Our Story

Emma sat in her mostly unfurnished new condo, waiting on the new roommates she had accepted to live with her. There were five people and it was a nice condo with four bedrooms. They would figure the bedroom arrangements later, but at least Emma had gotten first pick at the room she wanted. One of the people moving in was a boy, her friend Jae Kyung, who, unfairly, would get his own room. She knew him well enough to know he would want his own room, especially so he wouldn't have to share with a girl. She wasn't going to fight with him, because he always won against her. In fact, she had already known three of the people moving in. She wrote down a checklist on the fridge of the people she was waiting on: Marlies, Jae Kyung, Tala, Chiyo, and Laura. Today was moving in day for three people, the other two would arrive tomorrow. 

She almost hadn't heard the doorbell ring over her new stereo playing Jonghyun's new album. She quickly turned it down, and ran over to the door. 

"Emma-ya!!!" Chiyo hugged Emma tightly.

"Chiyo unnie~" Emma giggled lightly, hugging her back. She let go to pick up Chiyo's suitcases, only to find one Amber of f(x) behind her. Emma squealed in surprise. She had met Amber before, because Chiyo was f(x)'s back-up dancer, but it was strange to suddenly have a k-pop idol in her house. "Hello Amber~" Emma bowed while simultaneously picking up two of Chiyo's suitcases.

"Hi Emma~" Amber winked, "I can only be here for a few minutes, but I wanted to check out where Chiyo was living. Gotta make sure she's okay here!" Amber ruffled Chiyo's hair. "Seems like a really nice place, I suppose I have nothing to worry about. it's a nice neighborhood."

"Yeah how do you afford such a nice place, Emma?" Chiyo asked.

"I afford it with your rent," Emma laughed. They walked in with their suitcases, and Emma pointed towards the stairs, "I picked the biggest bedroom, and you can share with me or pick another one to share with someone else."

"Not my own room?" Fukui pouted.

"There are five other people coming." Emma laughed.

"Someone has to be able to get their own room. You said it was four bedrooms?" Chiyo inquired.

"Hey guys, I gotta go, good luck Chiyo." Amber said waving and leaving in a hurry.

"Nice to see you Amber!" Emma yelled after her, then turned back to Chiyo, "The boy moving in gets his own room and one more person can have their own room. I thought I'd give that one to Laura since she's the oldest." Emma said.

"Aww fine! I'll share with you," Fukui grumbled, and they continued to take Chiyo's suitcases up to her new shared room with Emma.

~~~~~

A few hours later, the doorbell rang again. Emma ran to the door, and dragged Chiyo with her. "Why do I have to come?" Chiyo grumbled.

"You're living with these people, silly!" Emma rolled her eyes, "And you can help carry her stuff."

"How do you know it's a girl?" Fukui asked.

"Jae Kyung isn't gonna be here till tomorrow." Emma replied.

Emma opened the door to find Laura on the other side. "Hi Emma!" Laura hugged Emma for a split second and got straight into carrying her suitcases inside, leaving some for Emma and Chiyo to carry.

"Laura, why do you have so many suitcases?" Emma asked, handling two large ones.

"My collections." Laura stated simply, smiling at them. "Where's my room?" She asked.

"Follow me." Emma lead the way upstairs, and stopped in the hallway, "You can pick from three rooms. I thought I'd give you your own room since you're the oldest." 

Laura picked a bigger room and they put her stuff inside. "What's your collection of anyway?" Emma asked.

"Dolls," Laura said opening one up, "And toys." She smiled, "Whatever I like." She said.

That's when the doorbell rang once again, the last roommate for the day! Emma, Chiyo, and Laura ran back downstairs to greet the new arrival. On the other side of the door was Tala with her cousin, Eunji. This group of roommates was too lucky to be connected to so many k-pop idols. Emma counted herself lucky everyday to have been able to actually meet so many idols. 

"You're gonna have to a share a room with a girl named Marlies," Emma explained as she lead Tala up the stairs, helping her carry her stuff. 

Tala sighed, "Is she your friend?" Tala asked, a little nervous at the thought of sharing a room with a stranger.

"I know her, although not too well. She seems nice from what I know, so I think you'll get along." Emma answered as Tala checked out the two rooms available to her, proceeding to pick one hesitantly. "You get the room to yourself tonight, though."

~~~~~~

The next morning, the doorbell rang much too early for Emma's liking, since she had been up late working at the bar the night before. Jae Kyung was waiting, with less suitcases than Emma would have expected. 

"Moving truck is outside." He walked in straight past Emma with two of his suitcases. 

"Nice to see you too," Emma rolled her eyes with a small smile on . She lead Jae Kyung to his room, the only one left for him to have to himself. "Can you be quiet too? The other girls are sleeping." Emma said. Jae Kyung grunted in reply and Emma followed him back down the stairs. "What do you have in this moving truck exactly?"

Jae Kyung gestured for Emma to follow him outside, and took her to the back of the opened truck. "They'll bring it in, just lead the way." He said, gesturing towards two men waiting on instructions. The few things in the back of truck were a very large tv and a large couch.

"Are these yours?" Emma asked in awe.

"No, I stole them." Jae Kyung rolled his eyes, and they began to lead the two moving guys into the house.

"If you can afford fancy stuff like that, why are you living in a shared condo?" Emma asked.

"These were a treat for myself," He paused, "And you guys. I don't want to spend all my money on a house for myself." He said. At least Emma had gotten an answer this time, so she wasn't going to question him any further-- give up while you're ahead.

Upon coming back inside, Tala and Laura were downstairs in living room, checking out what was going on. The moving men put the couch down in the empty living-- Emma was planning to buy a couch, so check that off her to-do list.

"What's going on?" A girl's voice came from the doorway, "Is this the right place?"

Emma turned, "Marlies?" She asked, with her best welcoming smile, "Here, let me show you to your room, I'll help you with your stuff." Emma took Marlies up to the bedroom already half occupied by Tala. Tala had followed with them, carrying one of Marlies' suitcases.

"Hi, I'm Tala! I'm your roommate!" Tala said nervously, holding a hand out. Marlies smiled and shook her hand.

"I'm Marlies." She replied.

"One of your roommates," Emma chimed in laughing.

~~~~~~

After an awkward day of everyone unpacking their stuff, all the roommates sat on their new circular couch brought by Jae Kyung.

"Welcome everyone!" Emma came in with a bottle of wine and a as muany glasses as she could carry in one trip. "Why don't you introduce yourselves?"

In order from youngest to oldest, the roommates introduced themselves,

Emma West, Marlies Storm, Choi Jae Kyung, Tala Jung, Fukui Chiyo, and Laura Lu.

"So guys," Emma started, "I have a concert to go to tomorrow." Emma said.

"What concert?" Laura replied, excitedly.

"SMTOWN," Emma answered, blushing.

"Me too!" Laura and Marlies said in unison.

"Really?" Emma answered.

"I am too," Jae Kyung muttered almost inaudibly. 

"I'm going too, well, because I'm a back-up dancer for f(x)." Chiyo said with pride in her voice. 

"Really?" Marlies asked in awe.

"Yeah. You wanna meet them?" Chiyo asked, smirking.

"I mean, I'd like to meet SHINee." Marlies said, an excited feeling welling up inside of her.

"I'll see what I can do." Chiyo replied, a hint of mischievousness in her voice.

Emma felt excited as well, she had been backstage with Chiyo a few times, but she hadn't actually talked to anyone besides f(x) before. She would stare in awe at SHINee, so they probably thought she was stupid.

On the other end of the couch, Laura was grinning like crazy, "Will you get me back too?" She asked, slightly nervously.

Chiyo raised her glass, "I'll take you all!" She said.


 

Hey everyone! Sorry this one is a bit dry, but I'm really excited to get into the good stuff! Here's some pictures of our house :)

Outside

Living room

Kitchen, dining area

Laura's Room

Marlies and Tala's Room

Emma and Chiyo's Room

Emma and Chiyo's Bathroom

Jae Kyung's Room

Jae Kyung's Bathroom

Shared/Main Bathroom

 

Yes, I know it;s unrealistic but not TOO extravagant. I hope you like your rooms/our house.

Please look forward to the upcoming chapters <3 and message me if you ever have any problems with the story.