Chapter 5: Ice Skating!

Our Story

"You're the only two who are sure of your dates." Laura sayed spitefully, sighing deeply.

"I'm sure you two can be sure of your dates." Marlies pat Emma and Laura's heads. 

Marlies and Jae Kyung were sure of this being a date with Key and Krystal. As for Laura, Emma, and Chiyo, it was pure chance, whether their respective love interests showed up-- having been invited by Key upon Marlies' request. Meanwhile, Tala had been told by Yoseob that he had a schedule that day, upsetting her into not going at all. 

"And Raehwa..." Emma looked toward her, "What's going on with you today?" She asked.

"I asked CL to come so I could talk to her." She replied, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

As they finished their breakfast, the girls started to make their way upstairs to get ready together. Tala lay back on the couch with some bacon in , grumbling over the drama she was watching. 

"Why don't you come anyway?" Laura stopped by her, pouting and poking her cheek.

Tala swatted at her grumpily, "I'll be a six millionth wheel." She grimaced at Laura.

"But, Emma, Chiyo, and I aren't even sure we're getting dates today." Laura said, shrugging.

"I want to watch people on the tv be in love." Tala said, pouting.

"Ah, it's no use." Laura stood up and followed Emma up the stairs.

The doorbell then rang, and Tala grumbled before yelling to Jae Kyung to get the door.

"Can you get it? I'm finishing the dishes." Jae Kyung asked from the kitchen.

"Fiiine," Tala whined, getting up off the couch and dragging herself to the front door. She looked through the peephole and--

"Ah!" She yelped and ran upstairs. "Yoaeob is here!" She yelled to the girls as they heard the doorbell rang again.

"Tala? Are you getting!" Jae Kyung poked his head out of the kitchen and muttered to himself, "Why must I do everything?" He opened the door to greet Yoseob, to his surprise as well. "Here for Tala?" He asked.

"I wanted to surprise her," Yoseob even had flowers.

"I see, I'll let her know you're here. We're not leaving for another half-hour, so have a seat," Jae Kyung invited him inside, and gestured to the couch, "Change the channel if you want." He said, not wanting to subject Yoseob to cheesy dramas. "Beautiful flowers by the way, she'll love those." He smiled-- knowing more about the girls he lived with than he'd ever admit. They were lavender and violets.

"Eunji said she liked lavender," Yoseob smiled, "and the shop suggested to pair it with violets since lavender isn't really a bouquet on it's own." He answered.

"Where did you go?" Jae Kyung wondered, it couldn't have been his shop.

"Perfect Floral," Yoseob answered.

Jae Kyung smiled slightly, "I work there." He replied.

"Really?" Yoseob answered, "It's nice." He nodded.

"Well, I'll go ask if they're almost ready," He chuckled nervously, and Yoseob nodded.

He came upstairs to hear a lot of squealing-- it sounded like a bunch of fangirls.... Well.. it was.

"He came!" Emma squealed, "THat's so cute!" She squealed.

"How romantic!" Laura swooned.

"So spontaneous!" Chiyo clapped.

"Lucky!" The three said together. (cue overly dramatic anime tears of joy)

"Are you guys almost ready?" Jae Kyung knocked on the open door. They looked dressed enough.

"Almooossttt," Chiyo answered shutting the door. "Five more minutes."

"Ah Marlies let's do this to your hair!" He heard and sighed-- this was going to take them forever. And SHINee and Krystal would be here soon.

The doorbell rang, "Ah already?" Jae grumbled.

He looked through the peephole, but it was just CL.. and Minzy? 

He opened the door and smiled at them politely, "Hey! Raehwa's getting ready." He said, "Have a seat with Yoseob. We're all waiting."

"We're ready!" Chiyo lead the group of girls downstairs.

Raehwa was towards the back of the group, and stopped as she saw CL's 'plus-one'.

"Ah hello CL.. Minzy.." She bowed, trying to hide her blush behind her hair.

CL smirked, "We have a lot to talk about." She said. 

"Ah, yes, we do." Raehwa cried on the inside.

"How are we going to fit everyone into one car?" Laura asked, shaking her head.

"I know." Marlies was peeking outside with a big surprised smile on her face.

Jae Kyung opened the door to look outside, and there it was, a nice big limo. Obviously, they didn't care about being seen in public today.

Key and Jonghyun climbed out of the back and waved, "What's up!?" Key yelled to Jae Kyung.

"Jonghyun is here." Marlies smiled at Chiyo, who had a pleased looked on her face.

As everyone poured out of the house, Laura and Emma were in the back, nervously locking arms and whispering to each their hopes and dreams.

Everyone got in the limo, barely even fitting, and Emma and Laura cried tears of joy on the inside as they noticed their dates, who waved at them.

Emma noticed the way the two boys had looked at them differently. Taemin had a sly smile on his face directed at Emma, while Minho had a confident, loving smile directed towards Laura. 

Even Onew was there, who just looked happy and in his own world.

~~~~~~~~

After, that slightly awakward--- for some--- car ride, they arrived at an outdoor ice-skating rink. But, little people were there.

"Since it's a weekday, I figured we could come without getting too many bothersome fans." Jae Kyung said to the group around him, "This is the place I practice at, so I know the crowds' schedule." 

"Yeah! A day off! Finally!" Key said, stretching. He was walking beside Marlies, holding her hand, but she sort of walked behind him shyly, because he would be talking to Jonghyun and Taemin as well as her.

"You don't get any free time, huh?" Laura asked Minho, nervously. 

"Not at all!" Minho replied, "This took a lot of promises and hard work." He said, chuckling.

"And no, we're not allowed to spoil anything for you." Jonghyun said towards Chiyo, smiling cutely.

"Hey Jonghyun, can I talk to you over here?" She said.

"Oh yeah sure," He answered, and she led him away from the group, as they rented ice skates--- as needed, of course Jae Kyung already had his own.

"Jjong," She started, sighing, "I'm just going to ask you straight up, what do you want from me?"

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You know what I mean," She crossed her arms.

"I'm not-- No, Chiyo, I actually like you." Jonghyun answered.

"Jonghyun.." Chiyo sighed, "I just don't want to waste my time. If all you want is-"

"I don't just want that. I consider that lucky, yeah, and I did want that, but I want.. Ugh, don't make me say cheesy things." He said.

"You have no problem singing about them," She laughed, hitting him playfully.

"Yeah, but now I'm saying it to an actual girl, and I mean it." He chuckled nervously.

"So we're..?" She started, blushing.

"Just shut up," He said, hugging her close to him, "Let's just have fun today." 

Meanwhile, as Laura sat down to put her skates on, Minho came up to her, "Want me to tie the laces for you?" He smiled.

"Sure." She answered, blushing.

Minho kneeled down and began to lace the shoes carefully.

Beginning to look up at her, he... Noticed she was wearing a skirt. He blushed and looked down.

Clueless, Laura asked, "What's wrong?"

"Ah, n-nothing." He stuttered.

Raehwa walked by with CL and Minzy, and she accidentally bumped into Minho as he was standing up.

He fell forward. His face going past her shoulder. Maybe he lingered a bit to long-- maybe on purpose. But he pulled away fairly quickly.

Laura was blushing profusely, "Oppa, so bold." She giggled.

"Ah.." Minho looked away, "Let's go skate." He tried changing the subject.

She chuckled and waited for him to tie up his laces.

"Minho, before we go in the ice.. I've never really done this.. Well, not in a while anyway." She said, watching as Jae Kyung was already on the ice, skating with Krystal. She fleetingly wished she could skate like that.

"That's okay! I can help you out~" Minho answered, smiling, as he helped her onto the ice. She held onto the wall immediately.

"You okay?" He asked, holding her hand that wasn't on the wall. "Don't worry, I'll catch you if you fall." 

Meanwhile, Raehwa hadn't even noticed she had bumped into Minho. She was busy trying to hide from Minzy behind CL.

"Before we get these skates on, let's talk." CL said, patting the bench beside beside her for Raehwa. Minzy sat on the opposit side of CL.

"About what?" Minzy asked, confused.

"About the other night, first." CL said.

"Oh." Minzy sounded negative, but she obviously knew.

"It was a mistake." Raehwa said.

"Right. And Dara knows." CL continued.

"What!? Are you guys alright?" Raehwa asked.

"It's alright Raehwa, we'll be fine. We're fighting, but everything will be fine. Don't worry about us." She shook her head.

"Well why am I here?" Minzy asked, peeking over CL's shoulder to look at Raehwa. Raehwa met her eyes for a moment, but looked away immediately.

"Because of her. I'm over hearing sh** from you Raehwa." CL gave her a disgruntled look.

Raehwa rolled her eyes and looked away, extremely nervous at this point.

"Minzy likes girls." CL started.

"What's going on?" Minzy asked, completely clueless, "What's that got to do with any of this?"

"I like you, okay!?" Raehwa burst out.

Minzy blushed and stared at Raehwa in shock, "R-really?"

"I'll be leaving now." CL smiled proudly and stood up.

"How could you not have noticed, Minzy? You really are naive." Raehwa smiled at the girl in front of her.

Minzy simply smiled back and kissed Raehwa. Raehwa could CL watching them, and saw her wink beforing continuing to walk away.

"Aww!" Tala said, seeing the kiss between Raehwa and Minzy.

"Whoa!" Yoseob exclaimed, "That's.."

Tala smiled, "Cute, right?" 

Yoseob, smiled back and grabbed Tala's hand, looking her in the eyes, "Yes, it's cute."

Tala blushed and looked away, hesitating to break the eye contact.

"Why don't we go by ourselves to get ice cream after this?" Yoseob asked. Tala nodded happily in reply, and they continued to ice skate slowly together.

"Taemin-ah! I can't skate alone!" Emma clutched to the wall for dear life.

"Ah, you baby." He smiled widely at her and skated over to her, grabbing her hand.

Emma pouted, "Right, I am a baby, and I'm proud of it!" She smirked at him.

"So cute." He shook his head, staring at her.

She blushed profusely, "St-stop it. I'm really not."

"Don't be like that." He started to put a hand on her hip.

She pushed him away immediately, and smirked at him. He rolled his eyes, "You're crazy."

"Let's go get some food." Emma said, noticing how hungry she was suddenly.

"What do you want?" Taemin asked.

"Cake!" Emma made her way for the exit out of the rink quickly.

She yelped when Laura fell over skating past her.

"Laura-ssi!" Minho gasped and went to help her up.

"Ahh, I'm fine Minho." She smiled at him, sitting up on the ice. He helped her up.

"You guys need lessons," Jae Kyung skating past expertly, holding hands with Krystal. Krystal, surprisingly, had skating skills too.

They slowed down for a moment, "I didn't know you could skate so well." Jae Kyung smiled at Krystal. A rare sight for just anyone.

"JaeKyung-ah, I'm having a really nice time with you," She said to him, smiling happily. Jae Kyung could see the happiness through her eyes. 

"I'm glad. We should do this again. You could come to one of my shows." He replied-- all the while, they still skated in a circle around the rink together.

Jae Kyung saw Tala and Yoseob had no trouble. CL, Raehwa, and Minzy were now on the rink. Emma and Taemin were leaving..? Oh, well, that was Emma for you. She wasn't all for exercise. Besides, she kept falling. Chiyo and Jonghyun had been skating for a while, and were racing each other, so they were taking a break at that moment. Laura of course was having trouble, but Minho was trying to teach her-- he was good at it, like he was good at everything. Minho was his cousin, and ever since they were young, Minho had been a competitive type. Jae Kyung took pride in his ice-skating skills, and had never let Minho's challenges work out for Minho's benefit. He smirked at those memories. He then smiled at the fact his friends were having fun ice skating. He would never admit that he was so pleased they were enjoying in his hobby with him, but he was happy to be sharing this with them-- and with Krystal, of course. She had looked so pretty that day. Wearing a lot of layers, her pretty white face poked out through her scarf and hat, her pretty brown eyes filled with joy. Nothing could have made him happier than to see that she was enjoying her time with him.

~~~~

Taemin and Emma sat at their table at a diner across the street. Everyone had agreed to meet back at the house later for dinner. Emma thought about setting up the dining room for everyone. She wondered if they minded eating on the couch because there was no way they were all fitting in that dining room.

She took a bite of her small piece of a cake as her mind wandered. Taemin stole a bite and she pouted.

He smirked at her.

She sighed, "What do you want?" 

Taemin was confused, "What do you mean?"

"You can get any girl you want. You just want from me, right?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

"No." Taemin smiled a tiny smile, looking down.

"What then? Why do you like me?" She wasn't the most confident, so anyone liking her was a mystery.

"I feel comfortable with you.. Like we've been dating for years already." He looked at her and chuckled lightly, "I sound cheesy."

"No. That makes me happy to hear." Emma replied, looking down. She wasn't sure if she wanted something long-term with Taemin, though, and thats what he was sounding like.

"I don't even care who knows you're my girlfriend. The whole world-"

"Whoa, since when was I your girlfriend?" She was surprised.

"Aren't you?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

Emma sighed.

"You don't want to be my girlfriend?" He asked.

"I don't want to be hurt by someone like you." She looked him in the eyes.

"Okay. How about we just go on dates for now? I'll prove to you I'm trustworthy." He smiled proudly.

She shrugged, "Sure." 

Yoseob and Tala happened to be in the same diner, getting their ice cream. Tala noticed Taemin holing Emma's hands. She smiled, "Everyone's finding someone."

"Hey, I'm right here." Yoseob pouted.

"Yoseob!" she paused, "I'm really happy you came today."

"I'm glad I came too! I'm having a lot of fun with you!" Yoseob said excitedly, "You should have just asked me out a long time ago." He said through a full mouth.

"It's not that simple, silly." She rolled her eyes. "You're an idol, and I'm just some girl!"

"Not just some girl." Yoseob looked at Tala.

"Hm?" Tala's eyes widened at Yoseob's sudden seriousness.

He smiled at her, "My girl."

'Man you're cheesy as hell Seobie, but my heart' Tala was thinking on the inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO!!!

I'm so sorry, from the bottom of my heart, that this took so long. I had a really good intro written, with lots of description, and I lost it. So I was like UGH FINE, and then took another month to start writing again. Also, sorry its so cheesy, I've been watching a lot of anime lately and I'm imagining things like an anime in my head.

I've also been working a lot and trying to plan out my 2016 but nothing is going as planned so I'm just like... Stressed out. Gaining weight. I have psoriasis from stress. My job is killing my back. I don't even know, this isn't a blog.

I really appreciate your comments to know that you've read it this chappie!

Next chappie will be the dinner ordeal....... ooohh...

Also, in your comment, write if you want eventually. kkkkkkk