16.

Now what?

DONGHAE'S POV

 

Right now I think I should be getting a Nobel prize or something. I find myself incredibly deserving of some sort of grand recognition for all of my recent good deeds. I’m not even exaggerating, I’ve been a little too kind to those around me but now I feel like being selfish would have led to a better outcome… or not? I don’t know, I don’t care to ponder how things could be, had I done things differently, because either way I’m stuck with the current reality and you know what? It !

 

Why? Oh! Well it’s simple. You know there’s this guy, super handsome and smart and charismatic and all good things one could possibly ask for. Well this guy used to date my roommate but now they’re not together anymore, after two long years mind you, because my roommate, Lee Sungmin, found someone else and broke it off. If you must know, they remained friends afterwards and even if Lee HyukJae doesn’t come visit as often, they still text and whatnot.

 

I’ve been rooming with Minnie for a year now, so it was unavoidable that Hyuk and I became acquaintances and eventually friends since we got along pretty well: Our personalities are quite different though not opposites and we have a lot of things in common. So after a while of interacting with him I realized that I liked him as more than just a friend but there was nothing I could do about that because we were both in relationships. But then! This is where it gets exciting: We kissed! More like I kissed him, but whatever, our lips touched and then they broke up and that gave me the courage to end my own relationship which I wasn’t too happy in to begin with. So we were both single and even though I’m not exactly gay, I’m willing to try because he’s just that good. But do not get me started on the things I’ve heard about that because… seriously just don’t ask.

 

And as I was saying at the beginning, I’m too good of a human being sometimes, and as the perfect gentleman that I am, I decided to NOT court him so soon after the break up, figuring he wasn’t in the mood to start a new relationship that quickly so I gave him time to get over the heartbreak.

 

I was planning to give that er six weeks before I jumped him.

 

It took that er five weeks to meet someone who’d do it sooner.

 

So excuse me if I punch a hole through my wall in exasperation when the man I have a crush on changes his profile picture on Facebook to one of him kissing another guy on the cheek, with a caption that reads: “Cheers to those who stay for cuddles the morning after ;)”

 

The guy was tagged on the picture too, some ugly bastard (not really, quite handsome actually but I’m bitter, ok?) named, or nicknamed Yesunggie. And of course, he just had to comment, didn’t he? Of course he did. “Why run away in the middle of the night from something I don’t regret”, he wrote, and honestly I could understand the statement but I was pissed! Like… very pissed! And there were 23 likes in there! 23 idiots approve of their… their, What do they have? Did they just sleep together or…? I guess if they just had then I could take that, I could get over it just fine, not like I had a right to get jealous over that, not like I would after having grown accustomed to him being with Min.

 

But then he got a ing reply from HyukJae : “Neither do I, wouldn’t mind a repeat”

 

Repeat?

 

As in, again?

 

That little.. ugh!

 

 

A one night stand is one thing, I’ve done it myself, not one to judge. But a two night stand is something else entirely; they even exchanged their contact info! You don’t exchange contact info with casual s! You don’t take pictures with them and put them up as your profile picture and tag them!

 

So I’m on my every right to think it is more than that, I am not exaggerating or drawing the wrong conclusions here, clearly. The laws of morality dictate that one does not remain in touch with people one has banged while drunk. Who does that!?

 

Nobody, that’s who. So now Hyuk is with this other guy and I don’t know what to do with myself anymore because what if they last another two years? There’s a limit to my patience, you know? But then what if I find someone new and try to move on and they break up tomorrow? I’d lose him because he’ll think I’m taken and move on on his own to another person and then I’ll end my relationship but it’ll be too late and it’ll turn into a vicious cycle and… ugh!!

 

Breath Donghae. Breath.

 

They met in a club, they had out of . This is clearly nothing serious, they won’t last. Right?

 

No, they can’t last. They’ll break up eventually, sooner than later and this time I’ll make sure to pounce on him the moment I catch him single. I’m not letting anyone else take him away from me.

 

 Yesunggie has updated his status

 

Yes. I added the guy in order to stalk his page as a way to keep track on their thing. Also because I was curious what kind of man he was. I’m not even ashamed and you don't get to judge me.

 

“When a door closes, a window opens”- Never knew heartbreak could become this sweet. I’m almost thankful now that I had a for a girlfriend. If only I could have met you before I met her…

 

Why you little...! He even tagged him! Could he get any less subtle!?

 

He’s clearly trying to sweet talk him into... I don’t know! Something! No one’s that cheesy in public unless they have evil ulterior motives. This guy is no good, definitely.

 

Also, I noticed how he used to date a girl like me before meeting HyukJae and going gay for him. Can’t blame him, he has a habit of doing that.

 

46 people like this

 

Stupid people. Why do they get this much support!?

 

 Minnie Bunny I’m not even mad, this is great news baby, I’m cheering for you  \(^u^)/

 

Traitor!

 

Tiffany About damn time you broke up with her, she wasn’t good for you (u_u)

 

GameKyu Who you calling Baby? Minnie (T-T)

 

Minnie Bunny You, of course, only you GameKyu (*3*)

 

You’re still a traitor, though!

 

Again: Why do they get this much support!?

 

Where are the haters? The homophobes? The angry ex girlfriend? The hateful angry homophobic ex girlfriend!? Why did I have to deal with that and he doesn’t but still gets the girl at the end!? Well guy, but you get what I mean.

 

It’s unfair that after so much we both went through, after almost a year knowing him and wanting to be with him but refraining myself from doing anything. After having even waited for him to settle his mind and heart, giving him time and patience before pursuing him.

 

 

 

It’s unfair that after being the good guy for so long, I still lose in the end.