Grey

My WonTaek Dump

He watched as the dark grey clouds loomed over the world, veiling the sun and patches of blue sky. The once warm and bright afternoon turned to a cold and gloomy one in a matter of seconds.

 

It was still beautiful.

 

The sound of growling thunder gave a faint warning that it was getting near. The wind howled and passed, carrying the chilliness with it. He touched the blanket of fog over the glass and drew what was dear to him.

 

He was waiting.

 

Soon after, droplets of rain drizzled and eventually poured, releasing that smell of wet earth which was refreshing and nostalgic to him. The little splashes and pitter-patter of dropping water that became louder with time were melodious and music to his ears.

 

He had come to love the rain.

 

He stared at the raindrops dripping on one side of the window, remembering. The time it took for them to meet was like the time for a raindrop to greet the other.

 

It was also on a rainy day.

 

That person came with warmth when his heart was cold and grey. He didn't push away the clouds and brought back the sun, but taught him how beautiful it still was. 

 

He was embraced.

 

Like a still raindrop hanging on the glass, he couldn't move. He had felt the feeling of not being able to take care of himself and he didn't know where to go. Then a single sliding raindrop collided with it, helping and pushing them both together along the path. 

 

It was like that. 

 

Grey didn't scare him anymore. The once numb mind was gently shaken and little sparks of life were given, he could bring his own sunlight whenever he wanted to. He now anticipated the thrill that the world outside would give him.

 

Because he was not alone.

 

"Wonshik-ah."

 

A much more melodic sound rang in his ears among the splashes of water. He felt warm hands placed on his shoulders and he was protected from the chilliness of the air.

 

"It's raining, do you still want to go?"

 

He leaned forward and took the high wind umbrella that was resting against the brick wall, giving it to the man who was now smiling down at him. It didn't matter much, he knew that he would be safe.

 

His guardian angel was there.

 

"Little drops of water won't kill me."

 

Sounds of quiet laughter filled his ears. It was the same one that had lifted him up and brought him back to life.

 

"Please, don't joke around like that."

 

"You laughed though."

 

"Hmm…"

 

He felt fingers gliding smoothly along his hair which made him sigh in content. As much as he wanted to just stay there and watch the rain pass with his significant other, it was time for them to go. He very well knew that his medications wouldn't wait for him.

 

"Let's go home."

 

The wheels swiveled and his chair was turned.

 

He had long accepted what fate had given him and grey, once again, was beautiful that day.

 


 

I'm praying for the rain to come...

Didn't know what I wrote there orz based on a poem I wrote and L's Photo Essay - The Raindrop and I, Also Our Intersection. It's drought season here, I really am missing the rain.