Out The Window

My WonTaek Dump

"Hey, Wonshik-ssi? maybe you should take a break."

 

Wonshik lifted his head up that was resting on his hands and turned to look at his coworker who was peeking out of the her cubicle. He gave her a thin smile before facing back to his computer screen and at all the columns of numbers, heaving out a deep sigh. He already had lunch break a while ago. He didn't want his supervisor to assume that he was slacking off.

 

He continued to type out the report that was due today for a couple more minutes before finally stopping once again. Wonshik took off his black rimmed glasses and massaged his temples. He wanted to loosen up his tie so badly, but he didn't want to get through the trouble of getting caught. He decided to get another cup of coffee.

 

It was his birthday today, but it felt like any other day despite the wishes from his parents over the phone and pats on the back from his colleagues. A few offered to celebrate it with him after working hours, but Wonshik didn't felt like it today and just wanted to go home and rest. Watching a movie and eating popcorns while snuggling up under a blanket sounded much more comfortable than getting wasted at a karaoke bar.

 

Maybe the reason he was feeling like this was because of Taekwoon, his best friend slash boyfriend. Taekwoon was a businessman and a computer geek who had build his own software company and was currently in another country meeting a client. He had video called Wonshik this morning, wishing him a happy birthday, but he wouldn't be back until tomorrow night and that made Wonshik a little down today.

 

People usually asked him why he didn't just go and work for Taekwoon and quit his boring job as an auditor at a local accounting firm. His answer would always be the same, it wasn't because he felt unqualified, but he just wanted to separate his working life with his private life. He couldn't imagine working in the same building with Taekwoon and going on business trips together. They wouldn't have much to share by the end of the day either. He always enjoyed listening to Taekwoon talk about his day at work, things that he was working on and future innovations. He was also grateful that Taekwoon was supportive with his work and patient enough to listen to his boring talks or complaints about complicated financial reports.

 

Wonshik pinched the bridge of his nose as he shuffled his way towards the pantry, wishing that he worked at the third floor or above. At least he wouldn't be seeing the parking lot outside when he was making his cup of coffee. The unpleasant view somehow added the stress that was already piling up in his head. He kept his focus off the window and made his coffee as fast as possible so that he could get back to his station. But just as he was about to walk out of the pantry, Wonshik almost collided with one of his coworkers who was standing in the middle of doorway, staring out the window.

 

"Holly shi- who is that?"

 

"What are you…"

 

Wonshik turned his attention to where his coworker was looking at and couldn't finish his own sentence as he was taken aback by what he saw. He blinked a couple of times, rubbed his eyes and pinched his cheek just to make sure that he wasn't dreaming. When the image in front of him didn't disappear, he realized that he wasn't.

 

There on the parking lot was Taekwoon, leaning back against the hood of his black Porsche with his arms crossed. He was wearing his ripped black leather pants, plain white T-shirt and sunglasses, looking extremely attractive. Anyone wouldn't be able to guess that he was a businessman moreover a computer geek.

 

"Earth to Wonshik!" A hand being waved in front of his face snapped him out of his daze.

 

"Oh, sorry… let me just-"

 

He gave his cup of coffee to his colleague and dashed out of the building towards the person he was longing to see. A wide grin was already plastered on his face and his mood was lifted a hundred percent.

 

"Yah! What are you doing here?" Wonshik was a little out of breath when he finally reached his destination.

 

Taekwoon took off his sunglasses, a small smile forming as he spread his arms wide. "Surprise. Thought I was going to melt under the sun waiting for you."

 

"You could've just entered the office and called out for me. And I thought that you wouldn't be back in Seoul until tomorrow." Wonshik still couldn't believe that he was really there.

 

"Nah, didn't want to cause a hassle and that was a white lie in order to surprise you. So let's go then." Taekwoon straightened up and went over to the driver's side, opening the door.

 

"Wait, what?" Wonshik was still rooted in place, looking all confused.

 

"It's your birthday and I came to pick you up to celebrate, you dimwit."

 

"Like right now? But it's still working hours."

 

"Just get in." In a blink of an eye Taekwoon was already in the car, turning on the engine.

 

Wonshik scrambled in and managed to buckle himself up in spite of his trembling hands due to his overwhelming mixed of his feelings. "I'm going to get fired for this."

 

Taekwoon chuckled as he drove out to the main road. "Geez, just relax will you? You can always work for me if you do get fired. And besides, it's been a while since our last date. I've missed you, you know."

 

"You better give me a better salary if I decided to join your auditing team." Wonshik crossed his arms, pretending to be all sulky. "…and I've missed you too," he mumbled softly, finally confessing.

 

"I'll pay you triple if you agree to become my secretary." Taekwoon flashed a meaningful smirk as he glanced over at the now flushing Wonshik.

 


 

Look out the window and tell me what you see...

Had this sitting in my folder for a while since I wrote it for my birthday last month, but decided to tweak it and change the charaters. Just wanted to thank my readers and subscribers, enjoy~ c;