Chapter 005

Vengeance {Hiatus}

The stench of alcohol invaded my nose when I walked into the raging party. There are many things I find unappealing but this is by far the most hated thing be me. And by “this” I mean any kind of social event where I am crammed like a fish in a tuna can into I house full of drunk, hormonal teenagers.

Honestly, if you knew me as well as the boys you would know that if I wasn’t on a mission I would have punched every single person here in the puce twice over.

As I weaved my way through the crowd as strong smell of alcohol wandered into my senses and I had to fight back bile rising in my throat. I did my best to ignore the rest of the people who unfortunately couldn’t make it to the bathroom on time. I heard girls shrieking and repeating the word “eww” over and over until the word was meaningless.

 

I somehow managed to sneak out to the backyard without causing too much trouble. But to no avail was it any better than inside, maybe it was even worse. The pool was filled with people and all of the spaces that where unoccupied by people were taken by empty cans of beer and soda.

The grass in the yard was beyond fake and I could not begin to imagine how the house owners were going to clean all of the up off of it, not that I really care anyways. The yard was fairly big in comparison of the house or should I say small mansion. There was the pool that was in the middle but moved slightly to the left hand corner of the yard. The bar was off to the right beside the hot tub which was beside the house.

I moved swiftly through the crowd over to a more quiet area where there were some people playing a drinking game. The guys that were playing the game were in a large circle around a table with cups on both sides. They bounced the ball over the net and it bounced into the middle cup. The guys started shouting and jumping around because they won the game while the other team was being sore losers about it. I realized a have been looking at the empty table when everyone was splitting up in different directions. When the guys who won the game turned around the first person I saw was Namjoon and I immediately turned to face my back to him.

The panic set in when I heard the other boy’s voices. Jimin, Hoseok, Jin and the rest of the boy were apparently with Namjoon as well. What were they doing here? I thought that they would have told me about going to a party before I left. My thoughts were cut off when a chorus of laughter burst out from behind me.

Ah , they’re going to see me here and I’m never going to hear the end of it from them. I whip my head from left to right in search for a quick escape from this death trap these people call a party.

I spot one of the only exit in this whole place and it’s so far away that if I make any move they will definitely see me. I pull my hood farther onto my head and make a beeline for the gate in the fence. I guess it wasn’t as far as I thought at first because I was about five feet away from the exit. I could almost smell the clean air outside of this pit of despair. But I spoke to soon when I felt a hand grab a pull my arm into a secluded corn behind some bushes.

I feel so stupid right now for forgetting about my surroundings because now I feel the person push me against a wall for, what like the second time tonight? I started to struggle under the strangers grip but they only pushed me back harder against the stone wall. I grunted at the strength the stranger had when they shoved me on the wall with.

 “Shut your mouth, you’ll give us away.” The guy whispered into my ear. I shivered when his breath hit my skin. I was confused at what he just said so I shut my mouth just in case. He had a real strong grip if he cloud keep me pinned to this wall for so long. To be honest I’m kind of impressed.

I could feel his grip loosen and he let out a sigh. His shoulders sagged when he slid and inch away from me. I took this chance to kick him in the shin and tackle him to the ground since his guard was let down. Bad idea buddy, you mess with the wrong girl.

He moaned at the impacted he had when he hit the ground and I jumped on top of him and pinned him to the ground. I looked him in the eyes with anger. He only chuckled at me. Hold on, wait… did he just.. Laugh at me?? Oh hell no. My expression only formed into more anger when he said that. What right does he have to say that to me? Who the hell does he think he is?

I was pulled from my thoughts when I was roughly flipped off of him and pinned to the ground. I let out a struggled breath from my back hitting the ground and him on top of me pinning me to the gravely floor. I seriously need stop get lost in thought. I glared daggers on his face but my glare turned into a very confused look when I realized the idiot who was in front of me was none other than, Yoo Youngjae.

“Too soon, isn’t it, Girly?” He said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice but was then replaced with a smirk. I open my mouth to say something to counter his sarcasm but I end up looking like a fish out of water. I slap myself internally for making myself look stupid in front of this head. He only laughs at my priceless expression and pulls me to my feet abruptly. I stumble to regain my footing but then stand strait and glare at his stupid face.

“Are you following me?” I managed to spit out and ignore my embarrassment from just a minute ago.

“You think to highly of yourself, Girly. Anyone who doesn’t live under a rock is at this party.” He said with the same mocking smirk he apparently always has on.

“Then what were you doing just a minute ago? You sure make it seem like that’s the case when you pull me into a push and pin me to a wall.” I fire back at his snarky reply.

“The cops came but I guess you’re just so dazed and confused you didn’t notice they were right in front of you. I didn’t expect any more from you though.” He said the last bit with a fake tone of sympathy.

I could feel my blood boiling already from his tone. Why did he rile me up so much? How come he has this effect on me? I would usually just brush it off and reply with some other more insulting thing but he just somehow manages to put a block on my words and it makes me hate him even more.

I close my eyes in frustration and take a breath to regain my sanity. Just breathe Nari, he’s just a little brat that doesn’t know his limits.

“Why are the cops here?” I asked him and just ignore his last remark. I suddenly remember how Namjoon and the other boys are here as well. I hope they didn’t get dragged away by the police. But then again that would be a knee slapper for me when I have to bail them out of jail.

“It seemed like there was a fight happening by the back door and I guess someone called the police.” Youngjae said, surprisingly he didn’t insult me after.

I let out a loud laugh because I knew exactly who it was who started that fight. Now they are going to have to get me to bail them out or they can choose to spend the night at the police station. I can’t wait to see the look on their faces when I get there.

I realize that I’m still laughing at my own thoughts when I look at the very confused yet amused expression on Youngjaes face. I quickly recover by ending my laughing with an awkward cough and looking away from him. 

“Well, as nice as this little chat was I have things to do and places to go. Later.” I said while I was already starting to make my exit but then I heard him say something really quickly behind me.

“I can drive you there.” Youngjae said so quick that I almost didn’t catch what he said.

I turned around to face him once again. “What was that?” I said just to mess with him. Because why not.

“I-Uh, never mi-“. He started to say but I cut him off. “Great, hope you don’t charge me for it though.” I said and walked off not waiting for him.

I left him taken aback by my words but he realized that I was already gone so he ran to catch up with me.

 

I made it out of the house out onto the street that was packed with cars and people here and there. Considering how many people it looked like was in the house there were a lot less that I thought at first. I started searching for Youngjaes car without knowing what kind of car I just assumed since he was on the run he didn’t have anything that would draw a tone of attention because, you know, secret North Korean agents are searching for him. And me.

My head swivelled from left to right trying to see if Youngjae was anywhere it sight because I was having no hope in finding his car. Out of nowhere I felt a presence behind me that was coming in my direction. I acted on my reflexes as I always do. I twirled around and punched the guy in the gut in one swift move without thinking twice about it.

I was able to get a good look at my unfortunate victim, which was Youngjae of course. I helped him to his feet and brushed the dirt off of his jeans without getting caught in my sneaky act. I tried my best to not laugh but it just slipped out and I almost fell over form laughing. I feel him glaring at me so I stood straight and wiped away a fake tear.

“Sorry about that.” I said and let out a sigh. “Anyways, where is your car?” I ask Youngjae.

“I’m sure you are sorry. My car is over there.” Youngjae said and pointed in the general direction of his car but there were about 10 different cars in line. I shoot him a glare and he has a cocky smirk plastered on his face.     

“Oh, and apology not accepted.” He said confidently.

I scoffed “Oh my, I’m heart broken.” I said in fake hurt and clutched my heart. “It’s fine though I already have everything I need.” I added as I flashed a grin and dangled his car key out in front of me and shook it.

His eyes widened and I chuckled and ran towards his car. I heard him yelling at me to stop but I kept on going until I reached his car. I came to a halt once I reached his car and I stood there aww struck. I knew that this was his car because it said the name of the car on the keys. This was my dream car. It had the roof that could be taken down and the body of the car was painted a navy blue with a black line going through the middle. I whistled and ran my hand along the hood of the car. All the more reason to get a ride from Youngjae.

“I can’t wait to drive this monster.” I said to myself excitedly. 

“Who the hell said you were driving?!” I heard Youngjae say behind me. I jumped at his voice and quickly turned around to face him.

I grinned cockily at him. “I did.” I said it as if it was the most obvious thing ever. “Now get in the passenger seat or I throw the keys in the pond over there.” I said and pointed towards the small body of water to my left.

He looked at me and then the car as like he was never going to see it again.

“You better not ing crash it.”

________________________________________________________________

“I can’t believe you crashed my baby!” Youngjae said to me as he surveyed the damage on the front bumper of the car. Yeah, I kind of crashed it into a light pole.

I just ended the phone call I was having to get a tow truck to take the car to a shop but the guy said that it would take about an hour to get to us to tow the car. I watched him circle his car about five times before he stopped and looked at me. Anyone who had a brain would know he is extremely angry at me and man, he looks scary when he’s mad.

“Hey! Don’t blame me for this! It was the rabbits fault for running out into the road. Just be thankful I didn’t drive straight into the Han river.” I defended myself and put my hands up in defense.

He just sighed and ran his hand through his hair in frustration. Just then an idea popped into my head and I ran off to the nearest gas station leaving a very frustrated and confused Youngjae.

I came back about five minutes after I found a gas station and bought two cans of beer. I know, not the best solution but to me it seemed like the only thing to calm the situation.

As I walked towards Youngjae, who was sitting on the hood of the car, he looked at me and seemed to have calmed down since I left.

“Why did you run off like that? I thought you ran because I was going to tell you to pay for the damage.” He said.

“I’m not that kind of person.” I said bluntly. Suddenly I held out a bag in front of him and he looked at it and back at me.

“What’s this?” He said sounding a little bit irritated.

“It’s something I think you need right now.” I responded plainly. I took out one can and shoved it into his hand and I took the other that was in the bag. I started walking towards the river and spotted a rock hanging over the water.

I sat on the ledge and soon Youngjae followed me and sat beside me. I opened my can and he opened his. We both sat in a comfortable silence and sipped on our drinks.

“Want to know something funny?” I blurted out. He hummed in response so I took it for a yes.

“I’m Hyun-Shik.” I confessed. I looked over to see his reaction. I wasn’t what I expected.

“I thought that you were someone else.” He said to half to himself and half to me but sounding a bit confused, still looking at the river.

“Who did you think I was?” I questioned him.

He directed his attention away from the water to me and looked me in the eye. He examined my face as if he was double checking for something.

He sighed and looked back at the river and then said. “Just and old friend.” He said sounding disappointed.

He remembered me? Or at least that’s what it seemed like. Was it the right time to tell him? Did he already realize it was his childhood friend? Well, we weren’t really friends, more like acquaintances.

“Oh.” Is the only thing I responded with, not wanting to carry that conversation any further.

“Why the name Hyun-Shik? Isn’t that a boy’s name?” Youngjae asked, sensing that I wanted to move on from the previous chat.

“It is a boy name.” I said and then added “Actually it’s a pretty funny story where the name came from.” I said a chuckled at the thought of the story. He looked at me as if he was telling me to proceed with the story, so I did.

“I used to have a dog and his name was Hyun-Shik, he was always with me whenever I would have anything to do. He eventually ran off and we still don’t know still don’t know where he is today. The boys and I thought it would be funny to use the name for my fake name. He still lives as a legend.” I said and smiled at the memory of siting around a fire with the boys and just laughing until it hurt.

“The boys?” Youngjae asked, disregarding the story I just told.

I opened my mouth to reply to him but just then the tow truck pulled up. I stood up quickly then dug through my bag to get some cash to give him for the tow truck along with my number to contact me for the rest of the payment for the damage.

“Have a nice night, pretty boy.” I said to him, now establishing stupid nicknames with him.

He looked at the cash I shoved in his hand and opened his mouth to say something back to me but I was already gone.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello all! thank you for waiting so long for this chapter!! its been a while but here it is! I made this chapter extra long but is undergoing editing so this isn't the final thing but i just wanted to get it out there for you all! I'm so exited to get the next chapter out because i have been brain storming ideas. new characters will come in soon to! Anyways i hope you look forward to the next chapter and thanks for subscribing! it means a lot!

Word count: 3069