Chapter 001

Vengeance {Hiatus}

December 3rd, Winter of 2030.

Its about -19c outside. Cold enough to get frostbite if not wearing warm clothing. I normally stay out until midnight patrolling, witch it when I turn back to go home.

I am walking down the quit streets of Seoul in my usual attired. I'm wearing my black ball cap along with my black hoodie, black pants, black combat boots and black mask whilst my hair is put up into a messy braid hanging off my shoulder. nothing to special."Damn, its cold" I said as I took out my black gloves from my pocket and slid them on.

My handy dandy watch reads 11:26, witch means a little while until I have to get back to the base. As I walk across a gravel parking lot in front of a three story apartment, I listen into the quit streets of Seoul and hear the echoes of screaming a ways off from were I am.

Ever since I was in the accident 9 years ago, the gas made my senses much more advanced so I can see, smell and hear better than any normal person. My stamina was also increased so I can go a few days without any sleep and I usually skipped dinner. I am not a normal person. I am one of the most wanted people in North Korea ever since 2021. I accepted the fact a long time ago, the only thing that I was trying to figure out was where the other survivor was and who it was.

I ran towards the sounds of the screeching to see a girl around my age clutching onto her bag witch was being ripped from her grasp by a night thief.

I stalked over to the thief just as the girl let go of the bag and the thief ran off. "Stay here, I'll get your bag for you, okay?" I said to the girl just as I ran after the thief to retrieve to bag.

The thief was almost as fast as I was. The chase went on for a while, I was impressed at how long he could run for. I easily sped up behind him though. The thief sensed it and quickly turned to face me. Letting out heavy breaths he let out a short laugh when he saw that I was a girl. "What are you doing out so late chasing thiefs? You think you're really tough, huh? Think you picked the wrong person to chase after tonight." He said then reached into his pocket and pulled out a small pocket knife. "Omo! is that a.... letter opener? I'm really scared!" I said sarcastically and laughed at his expression of disbelief.

He slashed his knife to try and injure me but i easily move out of the way of the tiny blade and chuckled in amusement. He lashed out four times in a row, each time I effortlessly avoided the knife. "This is get very boring." I said as in a bored tone. I walked up to the thief and knocked the blade out of his hand and it clattered on the pavement of the parking lot.

He looked at me then down at the knife on the ground and then looked at me again. By now l let my guard down after seeing his skills with a knife. Oh man that was a bad idea. He sent a powerful punch to my face that made me more alert than i was before. I stumbled backwards a bit when some spots blur my vision but clear up almost instantly. 

I was already ready to fight him when he sent another fist towards my face when I put my hand up to block it. I grabbed his fist and twisted his arm in a very awkward postition behind his back and kicking him in the spot where his hand was being held.

Winded and weak he laid there grunting in pain from my tight rope tied around his hands. I stood up from kneeling in front of him, pleased at the note I had stuck to his forehead for when the police got here so they know what wrongs he had done.

Wiping the blood from my busted lip, I walked to the bag on the ground, picked it up and made my way back to the owner.

I was expecting her to have left already but I saw her siting on an old crate. She saw me walking over and looked at my hand with the bag in it and shot up from the crate and trotted towards me. I held the bag out for her to grab and she did. She opened her bag and looked threw the contents inside and sighed in relief when she pulled out a photograph of her and what looks like her family.    

She looked up to me with her eyes all teary. "Thank you, thank you so much." She said while wiping her tears from her eyes and sniffling."Uh, yeah, no sweat." I said. No one really meant it when they thanked me. But she sincerely felt thankful to me. I admit it does feel nice to be thanked but I never expect it from anyone.  

 

                                          =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 

As I was walking home, I lifted my wrist close to my face so I could read the time on my watch. It was 12:20 witch was way past the time I always got home at. "" I muttered and pulled out an almost paper thin screen and typed a code to open a large amount of options. I sent a quick message to one of the boys and ran the rest of the way back to our base.

I braced myself for the questions from the boys as I walk into the base. I slowly and quietly opened the door, expecting hundreds of different and or the same questions when I opened the door and as always, I was spot on.

The first question was from Jin, "Nari, are you okay? are you hurt anywhere?" everyone crowded around, awaiting an answer. "I'm fine guys, There was just this guy and it took a little longer than i expected" I said, waiting to be scolded by Jin.

"Aish, don't ever do that again you almost gave me a heart attack!." Jin shouted but not loudly, making me jump a bit. "Sorry." Is all i could say. To be honest, the only thing that scares me is Jin when he's mad.

As I made my way into the base, I took off my hat and mask and dropped it on the floor, to tired to care about making a mess. I flopped onto the couch and made myself comfortable putting my head on the arm of the couch and propping my feet on the other end kicking my boots off. Jungkook came a sat next to me, lifting my feet up so he could sit where my feet were resting and I let my feet drop onto his lap.

My eyes shot open when I felt a hand touch were the thief punch. On the right side of my face there was a dark purple bruise forming around my split lip. I cursed at my self under my breath for forgetting about that. I winced at the pain the bruise caused and slapped Jungkook's hand away from my cut on my lip. "It's nothing, it doesn't even hurt." I said, not wanting to worry them. "That's definitely something, Nari." Namjoon said. "Hold on, I'll be right back" Hoseok left for a minute and came back with a first aid kit.

Hoseok took out the disinfectant and put it on a cotton swab. "Here, sit up" He said. The cotton swab was almost touching my cut but then Jungkook spoke making Hoseok jump back at the sudden noise breaking the silence. "I'll do it, I'll take care of her cut." Jungkook said awkwardly. "Okay, are you sure?" Hoseok gave him a look and then wiggled his eyebrows. "Yes, i am. You can go now." Jungkook said. They just looked at him a left to go to bed.

Jungkook carefully moved the cotton swab over to the cut. When the disinfectant made contact with my cut I hissed while clutching my fist tightly. "Did that hurt? sorry." Jungkook said softly. I looked at him and nodded. He continued to tend to the cut when he suddenly stopped. I looked at him and he was staring at the cut on my lip.

I never really got to look at her face so closely like this before. Shes so beautiful. Her eyes are such a pretty hazel color that sparkles when she smiles, her smile was beautiful whenever she did smile that is. I lifted my hand up to tuck i few lose hairs behind her ear when I realized what I was doing and stopped.

I waved my hand in front of his face several times before he finally snapped out of whatever trance he was in. "You okay? Wait are you sick? your face looks really red." I moved my hand up to his forehead but he jumped to his feet and packed up the first aid kit. "I'm done now. You should get to sleep now. Goodnight." He said before storming off to his room.

"Huh, That was weird, I wonder what his problem is." I said to myself as i walked of to my room to go to my bed.

I shut my door tight behind me. I turned around leaning against the door. She doesn't know how I feel about her. But I don't really want her to know. I don't want her to be burdened by my feelings for her so i keep it to myself. I will know when its the right time to tell her. But that time isn't now.

 

                                            =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 

 

Hello to my lovely readers! Here is the first chapter! I hope this chapter wasn't to boring, haha. The story is going to get much more interesting as each chapter is written. Ooh and Jungkook has feelings for Nari! thats going to be fun to write :). Anyways I will see you all in the next chapter! :)