Chapter 3

The Spy's Dilemma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Misun’s body is naturally attuned to waking up early. After all, she routinely got up for years in a row, her body has been accustomed to waking up at 6 a.m. She always prepared breakfast for Kyung and herself after showering and dressing for work. She knows what Kyung likes and what he dislikes. He loves French Toast. It’s easy to make, much to Misun’s relief.

 

The clean up was a mess though. Kyung’s fingers and face being covered in sticky syrup. Misun would assist him in the bathtub. Making sure to scrub away the syrupy substance. Never forgetting to play with Kyung’s favorite bath toys.

 

Thomas & Friends Bathtub Buddies.

 

Hearing her little bunny’s giggles early in the morning, while scooping up the water like a shovel with the boat toy was heaven to her ears. She would pick up Thomas and squeeze him to in the water before squirting it onto Kyung’s belly. More giggles would escape his lips. Those are the mornings she constantly looked forward too.
 

Giving Kyung’s temple a quick smooch, Misun quietly made her way to her dresser grabbing appropriate clothes for her planned destination today. Something comfortable, able to run in. She tiptoed into the adjoining bathroom to take a quick shower to clear her mind. With her head already starting to ache with the memories, she stripped down to nothing and stepped into the shower.

 

This whole bodyguard situation made her blood boil immediately.

 

Only a complete fool would wander off with someone else’s kid. Why did he think he could do that with no consequence?

 

She did, however, feel proud that she landed a hard slap on the man’s face. It may have only hurt him a little, but she wouldn’t allow that little fact ruin her happy moment.

 

As long as he doesn’t attempt to kidnap her son again, she will put in a small amount of trust into his bodyguard abilities.

 

He had a short sleeved T-shirt on, her eyes just happened to take a peek at his arms. They were very muscular and looked promising in protecting her and Kyung. His body wasn’t bulky, it was quite thin. Maybe not his cheeks but she still assumed he could run fast enough to save the day.

 

After her exhilarating shower, she changed into the comfortable clothes of choice and stepped out to wake up Lu Han. She glanced at Kyung to make sure he was still sleeping. He was.

 

“Wakey~ Wakey~” Misun whispered into Lu Han’s ear after she walked into the guest room and crawled onto the bed. Lu Han’s eyes squeezed tighter together, before his lips let out a groan.

 

“5 more minutes.” His voice was full of sleep, deeper than normal. He turned around, facing his back to her. She rolled her eyes as she grabbed onto his arm to pull him to face her again.

 

“We should cook for Kyung. Then I thought we could go to the amusement park. He misses you, you know. You are the closest thing he has to a father…” She whispered the last part, hoping he wouldn’t hear it. Lu Han heard it clearly, being the only two in the room with no other noises.

 

Lu Han felt his heart squeeze before he sighed and swallowed the lump in his throat.

 

“Yeah, I’ll be out in a minute. Start without me.” He whispered while looking into her eyes. He lifted his hand and slowly her cheek. She managed a small reassuring smile as she leaned into his touch. After a few seconds, she cleared before getting up.

 

“Alright, I’m going to make him his favorite. You can make some bacon and eggs when you’re ready.” Lu Han nodded before slipping into the attached bathroom to get ready.

 

Misun sauntered into the kitchen to fix up some french toast. As she was dipping the bread into the egg mixture, Lu Han came into the kitchen with damp hair. He went to the fridge and pulled out the ingredients.

 

“It’s almost ready. I’ll go wake him up in a minute.” She announced, placing the bread into the skillet to fry. Lu Han grunted and started on the bacon.

 

When the french toast was ready, Misun placed it onto a plate and made her way to her bedroom to wake up Kyung.

 

“Baby, wake up. I have something exciting planned today!” Misun whispered into Kyung’s ear and kisses his cheek. Kyung may be a heavy sleeper, but hearing his mother’s voice always wakes him up. Kyung mumbled incoherently as he turned to see Misun leaning over him.

 

She grinned and kissed her son’s forehead.

 

Kyung tiredly smiled up at his mother and sat up. He rubbed his eyes, trying to get rid of the sleep in them. His tummy rumbled then. He broke out into a sheepish grin and giggled quietly.

 

“I have breakfast ready sweetie.” She laughed and pat his head. She laid her hands under his armpits and picked him up. He immediately cuddled into her warmth.

 

“I’m still tired.” He mumbled into her neck, blowing hot air. Misun giggled at the ticklish sensation and rubbed his back slowly.

 

“We have to go somewhere today, but we can still take a nap later Kyungie.” He nodded and squealed as he smelled the french toast. Kyung started to wiggle around in Misun’s arms. She could only smile, before setting him down back onto his feet. He fled to the kitchen, but stopped once he saw who was in there as well.

 

“Uncle Lulu!” Kyung screamed louder than he probably should have at seven in the morning, but that didn’t stop the grin appearing on both adult’s faces. Misun rushed over to the electric stove top to take over cooking the bacon so Lu Han can catch up with Kyung.

 

“How’s my favorite nephew doing?” Lu Han picked Kyung up and placed small kisses on his face.

 

“I’m your only one Lulu.” Kyung giggled and his eyes twinkled. It’s been a whole year since he has last seen his uncle.

 

“I know I know. I just missed you.” Lu Han whispered against Kyung’s forehead.

 

“Me too, Lulu!” Kyung gave Lu Han’s cheek a quick peck. Lu Han’s mood was lifted instantly from the kiss.

 

“Alright. Let’s get some food in your belly and we can go have fun.” Lu Han carried Kyung over to the kitchen table and set him down in a chair.

 

“French Toast~” Kyung squealed while Misun grabbed his favorite Captain America plate and put french toast, bacon, and scrambled eggs on it. She grabbed the syrup from the pantry and drizzled a healthy amount on the toast.

 

“Here you are sweetie.” Misun set the plate down in front of Kyung, as well as a fork.

 

Kyung dug into his breakfast straightaway. Misun and Lu Han took a plate of their own and ate breakfast together with Kyung, though not as messy.

 

After everyone was done eating, Misun asked Lu Han to take a washcloth and clean Kyung’s hands and face, while she prepared his outfit for the day.

 

A short-sleeved T-shirt with a monster truck on the front of it, as well as simple grey elastic shorts. She grabbed white socks, then his black and red tennis shoes from the front door and walked to  Kyung and Lu Han who were in the family room.

 

“Where are we going?” Kyung asked. He shot out a hand, trying to reach for the clothes in Misun’s possession.

 

“It’s a surprise. You’ll love it.” Lu Han said as his eyes followed the exchange of toddler clothes.

 

Kyung nodded in understanding. He ran into his room quickly to get changed, throwing his old clothes on the floor. He ran back into the living room and sat on the couch, before putting on his socks and shoes.

 

“Are you ready?” Misun asked. Kyung tied his last shoelace, then nodded excitedly.

 

Lu Han picked the toddler up and made his way for the front door. Misun grabbed her backpack, full of necessities for the day. Misun double checked that all the lights were off. She then locked the front door and made her way to the elevator.

 

“The drive is pretty long, bunny. I brought some toys and snacks. I also prepared you a CD of some of your favorite songs.” Misun proclaimed happily. Kyung nodded, his head situated in the crook of Lu Han’s neck.

 

ღღღ

 

Lu Han decided to sit in the back of the car with Kyung. His reason being: ‘I need more time with my nephew!’

 

“Play Super Junior!” Kyung loved Super Junior. Misun was playing Sorry Sorry while she was cleaning the apartment one afternoon and Kyung couldn’t get enough of it. It was that same day that he thought he could dance, but tripped and bruised his knee.

 

“Alright, sweetie.” Misun pressed the play button then turned the volume up. Lu Han started singing Mamacita, Kyung trying too as well. Gibberish was the only thing actually coming out of his lips.

 

“Do you like super heros, Kyungie?” Lu Han asked as he looked at the Captain America action figure in Kyung’s grip.

 

“Of course! They save others!” Kyung smiled brightly at his action figure. “I want to become one.” He sounded determined, and there was no way Lu Han could tell him he couldn’t become what he wanted to be. It’s healthy for kids to have such huge dreams. It drives them to be successful.

 

Kyung’s eyes shone bright with his mouth wide open in astonishment. Lotte World was outside of his window and he was growing more excited with each second.

 

“Really?” Kyung slammed his palms onto the window and squished his cheek against it,  trying to get a better look. He saw bright colors and lots of kids his age running about  everywhere. Most of the park was indoors but the big castle was outside.

 

Misun parked quickly, relieved it was 9:30. The time the park opened exactly. Turning off the ignition, she turned around to face the back seat.

 

“Are you ready sweetie?” She giggled at the excitement rolling from Kyung.

 

“Yes!” He grabbed Lu Han’s hand and shook it every which way. “Let’s go!”

 

Lu Han chuckled and helped Kyung out of his booster seat, then slid out of the car with the toddler in his arms.

 

After Lu Han payed for all three of them, they entered and Kyung immediately started bouncing in his uncle’s arms.

 

“Can I?!” Kyung was pointing at the entrance of the Kids Bumper Cars. With a quick nod from Misun, Lu Han let Kyung down and with his short legs, he ran inside and hopped into a car.

 

“Watch me Lulu!” Kyung took a hold of the wheel and started driving.

 

Lu Han laughed as Kyung drove the car right into another little boy and they bounced off of each other.

 

“You know, he looks exactly like him.” Lu Han blurted. He glanced to his left to see Misun’s reaction of his accidental exclamation. He furrowed his brow at her small smile.

 

“He really does.” She whispered. Her hand automatically went up to the locket around her neck and twisted it between her forefinger and thumb.

 

“He would be proud of you. You raised Kyung well.” Lu Han reached out to her cheek but thought against it last second and retracted his hand.

 

She was lost in her own world of his step brother.

 

ღღღ

 

Kyung wanted to go to Lotty's Kidstoria. A playground with the theme of a fairy-tale world. Children can go barefoot to explore Cinderella's Castle, Alice in Wonderland, and other fairy-tale stories.

 

Misun allowed him too. Her heart soared at the smile on her son’s face. She wished to see that smile every single day.

 

“Mommy! Lu Han looks like Cinderella!” Kyung screamed out of one of the castle’s windows.

 

Misun snickered as she saw the look of horror on Lu Han’s face. He grumbled and crossed his arms immaturely.

 

“Uncle Lulu is a man, Kyung!” He screamed up at Kyung. The toddler’s face showed an amused smile. Kyung simply dismissed him with a wave of his hand and wandered back into the castle.

 

“Don’t let it get to you. He really did miss you.” Misun rubbed Lu Han’s back comfortingly. “He’s just teasing.”

 

“Really?” Lu Han looked into Misun’s eyes hopefully. His bottom lip jutted out into a pout.

 

“Of course. We both love your beautiful blonde hair.” Misun snickered again but tried covering with her hands.

 

Lu Han rolled his eyes and trudged to a bench near Cinderella’s Castle. He patted the expanse of wood next to him, trying to get Misun to sit next to him.

 

She sighed, exhausted of having to be on her feet all day, watching Kyung. She sat down next to Lu Han and let her head fall on his shoulder. It was getting near dinner time. They stopped at a small booth earlier and grabbed nacho’s for lunch. If Kyung was hungry, he would ask for a snack from Misun’s bag of goodies.

 

The wind was picking up as it got darker. Misun’s hair was getting in her face and mouth. She groaned as she tried spitting out the hair but it just kept getting stuck to her tongue.

 

“You have a hair tie for a reason.” Lu Han laughed at Misun’s attempts. Misun searched for her hair tie in the bag. She brushed her hair back with her fingers into a tight ponytail. She couldn’t stand having hair in her face. How do most girls do it?

 

ღღღ

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter