Mutuality

Rilakkuma Problems

Chanyeol walks into the store and stops when he sees Baekhyun stare at him, “Great. I thought I’d only have to see you at the café.” He mutters passing by the smaller boy.

Once Chanyeol makes his way to the farthest section of the store and out of earshot Baekhyn turns back to Heechul, his glare turning into a look of panic, “Oh my god no, no, no ,no I refuse to work with him!” he whispers furiously to his hyung. “I already have to deal with him when I’m at the café.”

The older male rolls his eyes, “Baekkie, you don’t have to like the guy, just think about it like a partnership or a job. You two need to work together on the renovations anyway just add this to it.”

Baekhyun sighs deeply, he doesn’t like how things are turning out.

“BUT HYUUUNG!” he wails, banging his head on the counter.

Heechul opts to ignore the boy and reaches out for the manga to his side, “Hey, I’m just saying. Besides think about the VIP tickets, if anything just work together and win them, afterwards you two can go your separate ways. Who says you need to be with him at the convention the whole day anyway.”

Baekhyun stops.

Heechul does have a point. This would just be temporary anyway. If he has to work with the giant against his will then he could use him for the tickets at least.

Chanyeol is using him to pay back for the stolen rilakkuma anyway (which again was not his fault). Well more like he was threatened. He could use this as a payback… although its beneficial to the other. His head hurt just thinking about it but this was a lifetime opportunity and he wasn’t going to miss it even if it meant dealing with the giant walking stick.

“You know, you’re absolutely right.” He says, raising his head to look at Heechul.

“Of course I am.” The latter responds as he flips a hand through his hair.
 

 

Baekhyun slowly cranes his neck in the direction in which Chanyeol went. The giant was still at the plushie area, “I’m gonna do it now.” He whispers.

“Hwaiting.” Heechul cheers him on.

The petite male casually walks towards Chanyeol who’s inspecting one of the dolls in his hand. He wonders if this is a bad idea, there's still time for him to turn back or pass by the giant to another section and pretend that the thought of him as his partner never crossed his mind. After a few more steps he's already in front of Chanyeol.

Baekhyun decides there’s no point in beating behind the bush anymore, “You heard about the contest right?” he blurts out, trying to keep his voice steady.

He watches as the giant stops and turns his gaze to him. There eyes meet for a split second before Baekhyun quickly looks away, at the small rilakkuma in the latters hand. “Maybe.” Chanyeol replies nonchalantly. He notices the others gaze on the doll and with that places the plush back in its place before moving towards the next batch of dolls. As he turns he wonders if Baekhyun is in need of a partner as well.

Baekhyun fumes as the other turns his back, his attention once again on the batch of dolls, “Listen to me! And don’t walk away that’s rude!” he scolds, walking up to Chanyeol, theyr'e now face to face.

“Look here Chanyeol! I need a partner for the contest so I’ve decided that you’ll have the honor of having me as your teammate. And that’s that!" he says pointing at the giant.

Chanyeol blinks, surprised at the others outburst. Baekhyun didn’t ask him, he straight out told him. At least the small male is saving him the trouble of asking. Should I mess with him? Maybe have a bit of fun? he questions himself. He would but Baekhyun looks like he's going to die any minute now so he opts for the most reasonable thing to do.

“Fine.”

It’s Baekhyuns turn to blink back, confused and surprised at how easy the giant agreed. Honestly he was expecting the latter to laugh at him or reject him on the spot. And Baekhyun was ready to argue with said giant and now he just stands there taken aback, at a loss of words.

“I was actually looking for a partner.” Chanyeol says truthfully, readjusting his glasses.

“Oh.” is all that Baekhyun can say. 

Chanyeol picks up two of the dolls and gestures for the other to follow, “Guess we'll be seeing each other more often...well since we have to work on renovations together we should take advantage of the time and plan for the contest as well.” 

“Sure.” Baekhyun agrees with a nod of his head. 

After Chanyeol pays for the dolls he glances over and asks, "Well, there's an hour left before we start working. Should we arrive early and start planning?" 

"Yeah, the more time we have, the better." 

As they make their way out the door Baekhyun turns back one more time for reassurance. Heechul gives him a thumbs up before following the giant.

 


 

After an excrutiating 20 minute drive Baekhyun opens the door and makes his way out of Chanyeol's Mercedes. Making sure to slam the door as hard as he can. Chanyeol rolls his eyes and follows close behind as they walk from the parking lot to the small cafe.

Baekhyun had argued on the way that Chanyeol's music selection was rather boring and tried changing station to something more "modern". The giant had decided to let the shrimp have his way in hopes to avoid a fight. That was until Baekhyun started singing off key on purpose. Chanyeol turned it off and complained how the other sounded like a screeching whale, which resulted in another fight.

The smaller male enters first, the chime of the bell greets them along with the curious smile of the owner. "Oh hey! What a surprise you two are earlier than usual, and together." Minseok puts in looking at the architect and pastry chef. "Yes, we're just going to hang out for a bit." Baekhyun responds. Chanyeol greets the plump man with a smile and follows the petite male. 

Soon after they sit at one of the vacant tables, one of Baekhyun's fellow co-workers takes their order. Baekhyun orders a strawberry milkshake while Chanyeol chooses an Americano. Its not long before they recieve their drinks.

The strong scent of the coffee makes Baekhyun frown, he doesn't try to mask his distaste in the latters choice. It doesn't go unnoticed and Chanyeol laughs, "You dont like bitter things, do you?"

"I dont know how you can drink that."  

The smaller, pulls out a paper from his bag and places it in the middle of the table so Chanyeol can see. It's the flyer.

"Well you're prepared." Chanyeol states as he leans in, taking a closer look. Eyes skimming over the sheet. 

Baekhyun reads it out loud, "Okay so there are two parts to the competition. One, create a new design for a Rilakkuma plush. Two, create a video advertising the convention. Well it doesn't sound like a lot..."

With a nod Chanyeol folds his arms looking at Baekhyun, "Designing can't be too hard. I am an architect afterall." 

"You design buildings, i dont think plushies are in your area of practice."

"Well it's more than what you can do." Chanyeol shoots back, flicking the other's forehead.

"Ow! And you say I'm the one that hits people." the other boy fumes, rubbing the spot where the giant hit him. Chanyeol rolls his eyes, mixing his coffee, "The video is a bit worrisome." There wasn't much he can do in that area.

Baekhyun props his elbow on the table as he rests his chin on his palm, "Hmm, well you can design but I on the other hand, have friends that are film majors." He instantly thinks of his cousin, he's sure Sehun would help...with some convincing at least.

"Great." the giant sighs in relief, "We have some help with that at least."

"Well, we have to do one at a time. There's so much to do. Which one should we work on first?" Baekhyun asks.

"FIlming a video takes longer..maybe that one."

"Hmm. Yes, it does take longer but then would we have enough time to work on the other things." 

"We can go back and forth. Since you have friends in the film department I'll leave that to you."

"Sounds good." Baekhyun chirps and takes a sip from the milkshake, swinging his legs like a small child.

Chanyeol finishes his Americano and looks down at his watch, "We have five minutes." he comments.

The other male gasps, "Ah, I need to go change!" he exclaims quickly chugging his milkshake and grabs the bag next to him. He slides out of his seat and turns to leave but fails to notice the wet floor. Baekhyun slips and gasps, shutting his eyes, preparing for the fall. 

But the fall never comes.

 Chanyeol quickly gets up and grabs Baekhyun from the waist, pulling him towards his chest before the shorter falls. With a small "oomph" Baekhyun leans back on the giant's chest. Surprised he looks up and sees Chanyeol looking down at him, "Careful."

Baekhyun notices the others hand still resting on his waist and with a nod the petite male excuses himself, heading over to the employee's locker room.

 

 

How embarassing, Baekhyun internally screams. Out of all the people that stupid giant had to see me almost fall.

His face is beet red as he changes out of his shirt, balling up the t-shirt he throws it inside his bag before putting on the collared shirt. Baekhyun quickly puts on the red apron and throws the bag inside his locker. Closing it with extra force. 

"Absjasbdw!!" he murmurs, shaking his head as the small incident replays over and over. Baekhyun looks at his reflection and groans, "He's not going to let me live this down." he splashes some water on his face. After a few more minutes he decides he's calms enough to see Chanyeol and get to work.  

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N: 

Ahhh we're actually gettings somewhere now xD It's shorter than the last one but...its something at least 

Anyone else excited for the Repackage & the upcoming kdrama with Baekhyun? Cus I am. SM take my money!! (TuT)/$$