The Thief

Rilakkuma Problems

     It had been three hours so far and Baekhyun was tired of waiting in line already. But he was doing it for the greater good of all rilakkuma collectors. He just had to have the newest plush in his collection. The line had wrapped around the wall and was now turning the corner. If he knew there would be that many people he’d arrive earlier. But there he was in front of the multitudes of pastel colored wall, the window aligned with rows of dolls and Hello Kitty cut outs. He could hear the music box playing from within the inside where his plush was awaiting him.

  Wondering how much time he’d have left he grabbed his phone and flipped it open. Only to be met with bold red letters informing him of 5 missed calls…all from the same person.

 

He was dead. So so so dead.

 

Baekhyun hesitated, and looked down at his phone that began ringing with the name Kyungsoo blinking furiously on the screen. He knew Kyungsoo would be mad so maybe a harmless text would be more than enough to let him know of his whereabouts.

He could always ignore the call and go on as if nothings wrong in the world. But oh no. May god forbid that Kyungsoo would actually show up and drag his back to school. Aside from having an angrier Kyungsoo he’d be publicly humiliated and wouldn’t be able to attend the grand re-opening. He shook his head, the last thing he’d want is such a thing so with further hesitation answered the phone with a shaky voice, “H-hey Kyungsoo...”

“SERIOUSLY BAEKHYUN?”


“Listen I-“

“Today is the class review for next weeks test! And you’re missing it for your plush?” Kyungsoo yelled over the phone.

"It's not just a plush! It's the special limited edition strawberry cake Rilakkuma with the glittered crown and rhinestones." Baekhyun reminded him.

“I don’t care if it’s the last rilakkuma in the whole damn world! Do you know how many excuses I need to give the professor? Plus you ditch me and I have to do all the pair work by myself! Have you heard of a su chef making crembules when the pastry chef should be doing that!?”

“I’m sorry! I know I know! PLEASE just one more time I really need this Kyungsoo, You know how much I need this!”

“…”

After not hearing anything from the other line he tried again.

“Please Kyungsoo, just let me copy your notes I know you’re busy so you don’t need to tutor me or anything. Just let me look them over please.”

“…”

“I’ll make you a batch of my chocolate caramel cupcakes?”

“……Ugh fine. Extra chocolate. And I swear to god if you do this again I won’t help you in class for the rest of this semester. I wanna see how you can cook croque tartine parisienne by yourself. Understood Byun?”

“Y-yes I promise.” He responded, and ended the call. He forgot how scary Kyungsoo could be at times. 

                                     

                                                                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

The people ahead of him had started shouting and pushing forward. Luckily enough Baekhyun was probably the only boy in the crowd of girls so he was able to have a slightly better view of what was going on. One of the workers were walking to the door, key in hand. 

He braced himself ready to run inside to ensure he’d get the special rilakkuma. There would only be a limited amount and he refused to go home without one.

Soon enough the doors were open and just like a wave they began to make their way in. People scattered all over the place. Some already making their way to the many cashiers while some ran to stock up on limited stationary. Others grabbed whatever they could before the rest can get to them. Some had already made their way to the plush area and there was a crowd right below the poster promoting the limited edition rilakkuma by the time Baekhyun got there.

He squeezed himself in between some of the girls and fought his way to the middle. There was shouting and yelling. He had his hair pulled a few times and pushed out as well before he stood his ground against the army of girls. A few started to leave running towards the cashier to soon be replaced by others who would fight to get one of the limited edition plushies.

Just as he was able to see past the crowd he grabbed one of the Rilakkuma but he didn’t notice the other person that had placed their hand on the plush as well.

"Excuse you but I was here first." Baekhyun said glaring at the owner of the hand who was holding his precious rilakkuma.

"Well my hand was on it first so technically it's mine." the giant responded with a frown.

Baekhyun tugged the doll in hopes that the giant would let go, seeing this he gripped on to the Rilakkuma even tighter. Not backing down Baekhyun pulled even harder, "Why the hell do you want this anyway?" he hissed tugging back.

The smaller male scoffed, "Ha! I should be asking you. You don’t even look the type to care for cute things." they bickered back and forth having a tug o war with the doll as the taller guy responded, "Oh and you think you do?"

"As a matter of fact I do. I'm cute so I don’t see the problem with it at all."

The taller male fumed. Did he just get insulted and called ugly by the small shrimp in front of him? Gritting his teeth he hissed back, "You're going to end up tearing it and none of us is going to get it."

Baekhyun blinked up at him and with a mockingly sweet smile said, "Well then maybe you should let go."

"Hell no."

Baekhyun's face automatically darkened, "Look I really need this okay? So can you let go? Seriously, you can buy one from the second batch." he pleads.

He almost gives in. Almost but he quickly remembers he needs this if he wants to complete his collection.

"Shorty this is an exclusive first batch, you’re crazy if you think I'm letting go."

"Can I buy it off of you then?"

The taller paused at this and looked down at the boy with uninterested eyes.

"I don’t need your money..." he began as he leaned towards Baekhyun. "You know there are other forms of payment.” he whispered into the smaller’s ear as he ran his finger down Baekhyun’s chest.

"W-What…YAH! You ert no way I'm selling my body to you!" Baekhyun yelled covering his chest with both hands, taking a few steps backwards against the display.

Spotting his chance he grabbed the Rilakkuma and smirked at the blushing boy before making his way towards the cashier.

Left with a racing heart and flustered look, it takes Baekhyun a minute or two until he realized he’d been tricked. “OMG that bastard!” Baekhyun hisses as he tries to make his way out of the crowd. He ran towards the cashier area having to push past people and keeping an eye out with so many people yelling and running all over the place. By the time he got there the taller male was nowhere in sight. He made his way out of the store and looked around the area, leaning over the rail hoping he’d see that rilakkuma thief. After five minutes of looking around he gave up. Cursing his small legs and lack of stamina he realized there was only one thing left to do.

                      

                                                                                               - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

       Baekhyun sighed and took a long sip of his chocolate milkshake as he placed the shopping bags on the floor. Even after buying the new shirts from SPAO he’d been wanting for a while didn’t help him ease his pain. He stared at the floor in defeat. Not even shopping at his favorite store or his chocolate milkshake could keep him from feeling down.

 What now? he thought to himself, that Rilakkuma would’ve been perfect next to my chocolate and vanilla RIlakkuma's he cried internally. Maybe he'd find one online, even though it'd mean paying three times the cost. The thought of that alone was enough to give him a headache.

I could buy so many milkshakes with that…

"Stupid giant." he muttered as he bit the end of his straw stomping his feet, earning a few looks from the people passing by. Baekhyun knew he probably looked like a small child having a tantrum. But at the moment  he really didn’t care. All he wanted was to get his limited edition rilakkuma.

He threw his hoodie over his head as he remembered the giant tricking him into letting go of his baby. At the thought of that he felt his face warm up, he shook his head and took a huge sip of his milkshake. Wincing as he almost gave himself brain freeze. Ahhh Baekhyun stop thinking about that aakhhwojwl!! He scolds himself.

With that he stands up brushing off his hoodie. Maybe I'll just go home and take a nap...or bug Kyungsoo, yeah that sounds nice. He thought as he made his way towards the escalators.

He sighed for the tenth time when something caught his eye. Squinting he saw what appeared to be the giant with those big ears and stupid glasses of his. He glanced down and saw the Sanrio shopping bag in his left hand.

Bingo.

Now that Baekhyun spotted the brunette from afar he pushed others aside with his bags as he made his way down the escalators. Keeping his eye on the giant the whole time as he began running up to him, "Hey you!" he yelled.

The latter looked up from his phone and turned around. Once he saw the small shrimp from before walking towards him, he groaned and gave him a frustrated sigh, "As you can see the Rilakkuma is now mine okay, so get lost." He said once Baekhyun was close enough to hear, raising the bag in his hand so the other can see.

 The shorter one stood right in front of him, a safe distance away from him just in case he’d try anything funny again and frowned, "No, look here. That was supposed to be mine but you were just in the way and- you tricked me!"

"Well you're the one that fell for it so its your fault for believing I'd actually you." The giant said as he raised an eyebrow at the blushing boy in front of him.

Baekhyun was taken aback and frowned, a slight blush on his cheeks, "Y-you...I, no, I didn't! How would you f-feel if some random s-stranger said that to you!"

The taller shrugged as he shot Baekhyun a smirk, "Well, I'd be flattered. Especially if it was someone as hot as me."

Baekhyun glared, he was getting fed up by this guys attitude, "You tricked me! That's not fair!"

"Hey life isn't fair okay cutie." He replied and poked the smaller's cheek. Just as Baekhyun reached out to slap the guys hand off his face he tripped. On instinct the giant catches the smaller just in time before he’s able to fall but not enough time to stop the milkshake in Baekhyun’s hand to spill all over the others shirt.

As the now empty cup clattered on the floor did Baekhyun realize what happened, “Oh my god...”  Baekhyun said looking up at the taller then back to the spilled contents on his shirt, “Why you'd move out of the way! Dwycuydcwuy!”

“I just saved you and that’s all you have to say? You’re taking responsibility for this you know.”  

“Follow me.” Baekhyun snapped not even bothering to make sure if the giant decided to follow him.

Baekhyun led him inside one of the bathrooms holding out the SPAO bag , “Here, I don’t know if this is your size but it should fit.” he said handing it over. Baekhyun couldn’t believe how much bad luck he had. After the bastard had taken his rilakkuma he now had to give him one of his favorite shirts he just bought.

The taller muttered a thanks and started to take off his shirt, “YAH! ert! Change inside the stall!” Baekhyun shouted at him and started pushing him inside while the taller just smirked. “Whose the ert here? You could’ve looked away but you were obviously staring at my abs.” he teased.

“WHAT ABS? THERE’S NOTHING!” Baekhyun yelled. The other pulls him inside the stall, bringing him close to his chest and closed the door behind him. Realizing how close he was to him Baekhyun blushed and stepped back until his back hits the door, “Wh-What are-“ “Shush, people will think we’re doing something we shouldn’t be doing so why don’t you just shut up.”he cut him off as he takes his dirty shirt off. Baekhyun can feel his face grow hot as he sees the tallers bare chest.

“Look at you blushing. Don’t you look cute.” he teased

Just as Baekhyun opens his mouth to say something the giant tells him to be quiet once more. He wasn’t going to listen to the giant and hit him a few more times until he heard the bathroom door open. He glared at the other as he pulled the shirt over himself.  He hated to admit it but the grey long sleeve looked good on the stupid giant. Baekhyun waited until the person left before rushing out of the stall. “What was that for?” he yelled, not wanting to look up at the other boy. “Just wanted to mess with you.” He replied putting the dirty shirt inside the bag Baekhyun had given him.

“Don’t you have anything better to do than mess with people?” he scolded.

“No.”

“Ugh, why do I even deal with you.”

“Because I’m hot.”

“Whatever. I’m leaving.” Baekhyun said before stopping right in front of the door.

 “What? Can’t resist me after all?” he asked smirking as he walked towards Baekhyun, turning to look at what the petite male was staring at.

 

 Both look at the floor then at one another before back to the floor. Blinking a couple of times just to make sure their eyes weren't playing tricks on them.

 

Nothing.

 

Absolutely nothing. The spot where the bag with the Rilakkuma had been waiting for its owner was now gone.

The giant pushed Baekhyun aside as he opened the door and once outside he looked around hoping to spot the doll somewhere but the halls were filled with too many people it would be impossible to see the small Sanrio bag. They didn’t even know how the guy that took it looked like.

"It's gone. I can't believe someone actually stole it." he growled as he entered the bathroom and looked up only to get hit in the face with a crumpled paper towel.

"What?" he groaned, obviously not in the mood and pissed that his Rilakkuma had gotten stolen.

Baekhyun frowned,"Jkakcaawiej! See!! This is proof!" he yelled, pointing at the now empty space.

"God is giving you a sign! You obviously are in no condition or worthy whatsoever of being the owner of that special edition Rilakkuma! If I would have bought it, this wouldn’t have happened."

The taller frowned and brought his hand up to his temple with a frustrated sigh, "Well maybe if you didn’t spill your damn milkshake on me I wouldn’t have had to change my shirt and walk into the bathroom where someone would steal my precious Rilakkuma."

"It was an accident!" Baekhyun yells defensively.

The giant groaned, not wanting to fight with the boy in front of him he muttered, "This is bull."

"Well hey, life isn't fair now is it. " Baekhyun responded sticking his tongue out at the giant before strutting out of the bathroom. 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Well that was the first chapter, I'll try to update as often as I can (*A*) I'm sorry if there's any mistakes I don't have a Beta *sobs* I'd love to read your thoughts and opinions!