Not Again

Rilakkuma Problems

 Baekhyun finds himself in the school kitchen explaining to Kyungsoo all the mishaps that have happened in the past couple of days. He’s usually happy and annoying his best friend with his aegyo until he gets kicked out of the kitchen but today he just really needs to get everything off his shoulders. Especially now that he finds himself dealing with Park Chanyeol.    

 “And then that stole my precious rilakkuma.”

“So you spilled your milkshake on him, over a doll.” Kyungsoo points out raising an eyebrow at his best friend as he begins to fill the raviolis on the table.

“It was an accident!” he whines, how many times does he need to repeat himself. It’s not like he wanted to spill such a delicious and tasty milkshake on a walking giraffe. What a waste.

“Which got stolen after you gave him the shirt you bought to change into?” Kyungsoo continues to point out.  Baekhyun pouts with a nod, “I tell you that should’ve let me have it.”

“And now he blackmailed you into working with him?”

“Yes! What an ! AH I HATE HIM!” Baekhyun cries hiding his face with both hands.

Kyungsoo sighed, “Well there’s not much you can do about it now can you?”

Baekhyun doesn’t have time to respond as he sees a pink jumping fluff-ball dragging a tall blonde towards their table. “BAEK! Did you get it? Did you get it?” Luhan asks excitedly as he runs towards their table, planting himself right next to Kyungsoo who moves the tray over to make more room. “Aren’t you guys supposed to be on a date?” Baekhyun asks as Sehun slides into the seat next to him.

“Luhan said he wanted to see you before heading out.” The blonde says as he ruffles his cousin’s hair.

“I wasn’t able to get it Lulu!” Baekhyun pouts as he grabs Luhans hands, “Some stupid giant with glasses got it before me. I’m a disgrace to the Rilakkuma community and now I’ve even delayed your date! What type of friend am I? Ajdkkwdkw.” He cries.

Luhan shakes his head, “Ahhhh Baekkie! Don’t pout please. Cute people like us shouldn’t be sad. Besides it’s just a date!” Sehun frowns almost insulted until he sees his boyfriend give him a look. “Don’t be upset!” Luhan says as he leans over the table to hug Baekhyun.

 Kyungsoo quickly moves the tray before they get mess up the raviolis giving the two a dirty look which goes unnoticed. 

“Ahhh Luluuu!”  Baekhyun cries louder as he also leans over and hugs Luhan.

“Baekkkie!!”

“Luluuuu!!”

They go back and forth leaving Kyungsoo and Sehun alone to shake their heads in disbelief. They know they should be used to this type of behavior from the Aegyo Team by now but there are some things they wont get used to. 

“You’re right Lulu. I should stay positive.”

“That’s the spirit!”

“Okay then! I’m heading over to the Sanrio store! Hopefully they’ll have a new batch of my special strawberry rilakkuma.”

“No you don’t.” Kyungsoo deadpans. “You’re going to help me finish this and chop vegetables.”

“But I’m a pastry chef!”

“Just because you work with sweets doesn’t mean you cant slice a stupid onion.”

“ But I don’t wanna. Baekkie is tired.” The aegyo master tried to use his charms on the doe-eyed boy. But as always Kyungsoo is never affected by it, his stoic face with the usual, “Are you serious” look.

“Fine.” Baekhyun sighs and goes over to wash his hands.

“You two can head over to your date now that Byun here is feeling better.” Kyungsoo then says turning to look at the other two.

“Bubble tea here we come.” Sehun says happily as he jumps off his seat. Luhan nods and grabs Sehun’s arm, “Kay, we’ll see you guys later.

And with that they leave Baekhyun at the hands of Kyungsoo to chop onions for the remaining hour.

 

                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After making sure that he thouroughly washed his hand in hopes that the onion scent would get off his hands Baekhyun finally makes his way inside the Sanrio store. The plushies and familiar tune of the music box welcome him as he goes inside. Luckily it's the afternoon so there aren't that many people inside which means that his favorite hyung is available for some chit-chat.

"Hyuuung." he mews as he sees Heechul reading his latest issue of manga at one of the cashier stations. "Ahh, Baekkie." Heechul says delighted as Baekhyun walks towards him. He leans on the table and plays with his hyung's hands turning them over as he asks, “Anything important to look forward to?” Heechul smiles, “Actually I do.” he says beckoning for him to inch closer.

Curious Baekhyun does as he’s told and waits as Heechul grabs a flyer from a stack behind the counter, “Not supposed to give these out yet but I’ll give you a head start.” he says with a wink handing Baekhyun the paper. He scans the flyer and his eyes widen as he reads out loud, “A chance to win a pair of VIP tickets to Japans annual Kawaii con!” Heechul nods as Baekhyun clutches the paper to his chest, “OMG VIP TICKETS SERIOUSLY??” he squeals and almost jumps up and down.

Baekhyun had always wanted to go to kawaii con since its official release 5 years ago but couldn’t go for obvious reasons. Money, too young at the time, and college in the way he wasn’t able to raise enough money to travel, until now. It was always his dream to go and having a chance to win vip tickets was an extra bonus. He'd have the chane to not only collect rare and limited edition items but meet people from the industry as well as those that share his undying love to the world of cutenes. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and he's not going to pass it up.

"Now now, don't die on me." Heechul laughs and fans Baekhyun with his manga, he watches as his dongsaengs eyes turn into small crescent moons, "Thank you hyung!' 

"Don't thank me yet, you still haven't won. I'm sure you will though."

"I'll make sure I win."

"Actually my lunch is coming up in a few minutes. Wanna go grab a bite to eat?"

"Yeah! I've been craving some jajangmyeon from the new restaurant on the first floor." 

"Sounds good, it'll be like a date." Heechul teases, "Let me just grab my stuff. I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Sure thing." Baekhyun smiles as his hyung makes his way towards the back of the store.

 

                             --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           

There’s nothing weird about two young men walking into a cute store filled from the top to bottom with plushies, frills, candy, and all the cute stationary a young girls heart desires. Nothing at all, it would be fun the taller had reassured the other. No one would stare he lied. He’d probably learn a thing or two. Then again this was his idea after all, but he needs to do this and he wasn’t going to do it alone. He was doing this for his precious niece and he promised he’d spoil her with the best he can give her and uncle Jongin wasn’t going to let her down.

“Thanks again, you’re the only one I can ask for help.” Jongin says as he and Chanyeol walk down the aisle full of stationary. While Jongin himself feels self conscious about being there his best friend looks right at home. “No problem, you might as well take advantage of a professional Rilakkuma collector like me.” The taller male replies with a smile as he fixes his glasses.

He reaches up to grab a Hello Kitty plush from one of the top shelves. “How about this one? She likes strawberries right? This is one of the dessert themed ones, scented as well.” He hands the plush over to Jongin who inspects the doll, trying to imagine how his niece would look hugging it. “Yeah, she’ll love this.” And puts it inside the basket he’s carrying.  

“Since she’s in elementary you can get her some matching stationary.” Chanyeol adds in quickly walking towards the stationary section. Jongin trails after him basket in hand clueless as he looks around at the rows and rows of cute stationary. He couldn’t tell the difference between an $8 and $2 led pencil, which is exactly why he brought his best friend.

Like an expert Chanyeol scans through the different sets of paper, pencils, pens, erasers, pencil bags. He grabs a few and mix matches a couple of them. Comparing the designs, color, shape, and size. After a few minutes he finally decides the ones that seem most fitting. Jongin looks blankly at the things placed on the basket, “I don’t know how you do it.”

“ Hm?”

“There so much to choose from. How do you know which things fit?” He asked gesturing at the stationary Chanyeol had placed in the basket. The taller shrugs and motions for his friend to follow, “Don’t really know. Guess I have a knack for these things. Anyways… ah hold up this is perfect!” he says after reaching out for something that catches his eye. Placing a rilakkuma backpack and pack of rilakkuma assorted chocolates he smiles, content with his selection, “There now your niece is gonna love it. The perfect gift, ahhh how I wish I’d gotten that for my birthday.”

“Yeah yeah I get it you giant dork, I’ll get you something for your birthday.”

“Haha, yes! Of course you will, come on lets go check these out.”

Just as they make their way to the front Chanyeol hears a voice he didn’t want to hear.

“What are you doing here?”

He turns to his left and there stands Baekhyun leaning on the counter as he glares at the giant.

Chanyeol rolls his eyes and places the basket on the register as he responds, ”Excuse me but you don’t own this store so I can be here whenever I feel like it. So stop glaring at me.”

He almost forgets that Jongin is there until he walks up to Chanyeol and nudges him, “Wait is this the guy you were telling me about?” as he eyes Baekhyun. “Yeah.”

"Don't feel flattered I told him how miserable you've made my life." Chanyeol quickly adds.

"If anything you're the one that's makng me miserable!"

"Thanks to you my collection is incomplete!"

"Stop complaining I already said I'd buy you one! Besides if you didn't push me into the stall with you the plush wouldv'e never gotten stolen!"

"You can't deny it, you liked being in their with me."

"Screw You!"

Sensing that things would get heated and Jongin didn't want to get anymore unwanted attention so he quickly steps in between the two males and faces Baekhyun before squishing the smallers cheeks together, “Hi my name is Kim Jongin.” The younger says with a smile that surprises both Chanyeol and Baekhyun who stop fighting instantly.

Baekhyun blinks up at Jongin.

“Dude.” Chanyeol hisses.

“You two were making a scene. Besides, just because you two don’t get along doesn’t mean I can’t be polite.” Jongin replies as he looks back at his hyung with feign innocence. He then lets go of Baekhyuns cheeks. “Wow you have manners, tell me, why are you friends with this walking giraffe?” Baekhyun says with a raised eyebrow. “He’s not so bad once you get used to him.” Jongin replies.

“Ugh, I hope so.”

“Your name?” the young one asks.
“Byun Baekhyun.” the shorter male turns to look at Chanyeol who side eyes him and says, “Well I don’t want to see your face anymore so I’m leaving.” He then smiles sweetly at the younger, “Bye Jongin-ah.”

Baekhyun grabs his phone, he'll just call Heechul and let him know he went ahead and got seats for their "lunch date".

Chanyeol ignores Baehyun as he walks right past him.

"Well that was interesting." Jongin says as they begin to scan the items in the basket. "Egh." Chanyeol responds as he watches the price on the monitor. Taking out his credit card Jongin laughs and stands next to Chanyeol as they begin to bag their things. 

“He’s really cute.” 

 Chanyeol scoffs, “No he’s not. He’s annoying and short.”

"I'd date him."

"Go for it."

"Nah, you two would be at each others throats all the time." 

'You're right." Chanyeol agrees as they finish paying and grab the bags before heading out of the store. "Anyways let's get these wrapped up otherwise you won't make it on time for your nieces birthday." 

Jongin gasps, "Oh my god, you're right!" and with that sprints his way down the escalators, Chanyeol following right behind.

 

 

***************************************************************************************************************************************

 

AHHHHHHHHH IT'S BEEN FOREVER SINCE I UPDATED SORRY////

Lols, I have Finals week coming up so I'm almost done for the semester then I'll be able to post most often. Well I tried, haha I hope this chapter is better than the last one (which was short asf) I'm trying though so please bear with me (>_<)

Thanks again for reading and look forward to the next update