Of Sadness and Surprise Parties (pt 1)

Autumn and Sweaters
Hakyeon wasn't having a great day. Maybe he did something to piss off a minor diety. His dongsaengs were ignoring him today and all he wanted to do was spend his birthday with them. 

He had woken up this morning as his cheery, usual self. He was turning 25 today and VIXX's schedule was completely clear, so he figured that the others would join him in celebrating his birthday. He was always the first one awake in order to wake up his dongsaengs, but today their rooms were empty, even Taekwoon's. 

He had no idea where they had all went as they had nothing planned. Since he was up, he ended up making a pot of coffee, toast, and eggs for himself, and decided to rewatch "My Love from Another Star." Do Min Joon reminded him of Taekwoon; they were both rather quiet and standoffish at first but once you got to know them, they became rather sweet, loveable people. Hakyeon mused that if that was the case, he was Cheong Song Yi.

Stretching out on the couch and covered with a blanket, he started his drama. Hopefully his dongsaengs would be back soon and they could celebrate together. Halfway through the third episode, he fell asleep.

Taekwoon knew it was his boyfriend's 25th birthday and exactly how he functioned. Hakyeon would wake up at 6:45, get everyone up by 7 and then the schedule for the day would take over. He had woken up at 6 with the rest of the members in order to decorate the private room he had reserved at Yongsusan Taepyeongno. Once they were done, they all dispersed to get Hakyeon his presents and Taekwoon headed back to spend the rest of the day with his boyfriend. 

Upon entering the dorm, he was greeted by the sight of Hakyeon fast asleep on the couch. The drama was still playing on the computer that rose and fell with every breath Hakyeon took. Taekwoon decided it was too cute to not take a picture of and pulled out his phone. The click of the camera shutter woke up his boyfriend, who then yawned and stretched, nearly causing the computer to fall off his chest. "Morning Hakyeon," he said smiling. "Happy birthday."

Hakyeon smiled back at Taekwoon. "Where did you and the boys go this morning?"

"We just went out. They decided to go hang out and be normal guys for the day. They don't have a lot of time to just be a regular person with the schedules we keep. "

"Ah..." Hakyeon couldn't keep the dissapointment from his voice. He knew that his dongsaengs were busy people and that they deserved to have fun once and a while.

It hurt Taekwoon to lie to his boyfriend, however it was necessary to keep the party a secret. "I came back to see if you wanted to spend the day with me. Maybe we can go to lunch somewhere, you choose, and go wherever you want to go. I do have dinner plans for us though."

Hakyeon thought for a moment. "Hmm, how about you cook me lunch and we watch a drama for a little while, then go out? I saw you preparing Yukgaejang yesterday."

"Sure thing Yeonnie." Taekwoon said smiling. 

To be continued.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author's Note: So I wanted to update for all of my lovely subscribers (thank you by the way for subcribing, it means a lot). However while I did want to update, I have a bunch of quizzes tomorrow so I couldn't write all of this chapter. Also this chapter kinda got away from me because it's not short and it's gonna be a two parter (but i'm gonna probably condense it into one chapter once I finish writing the rest of it). I also noted that most of the chapters I've done so far are Taekwoon-centric (because I love him and he is my baby) so I'm trying to make this one more Hakyeon-centric (I might fail at this but I'm gonna try). Thank you for continuing to read this and pardon all of the parenthesis and my rambling.

Author's Note II: I forgot I finished " Of Long Hair and Hammers" so I swapped this chapter with the other one and put the other on on hidden. I need more sleep lmao. Also PM (?)/ message/ comment any ideas you have for one shots because I can probably, and will probably write those! They may be in another fanfic though, depends on what I feel like I should do.