Jealousy

Blood and Chocolate

Be careful with this chapter. I told you already in the foreword, if you're weak with blood, violence and a bit of gore, run away now before it's too late.

 


JEALOUSY


 

 

He took a seat very slowly despite his legs feels weak and breaths got caught in his throat. His palm growing wet and cold by the seeping sweat from it’s pore, making it slippery and uncomfortable yet he could careless about it. All he knows just that he’s there, at that present moment, eyes gazing intently to the sight in front of him. Waiting for something to take place.

 

It’s already becoming a habit for him to have a taste of an espresso sting to his tongue in the morning, made by his friend who owns a small pretty café. He loves to go there everyday, sitting by the window in the corner of the café, away from any prying eyes. He always goes there alone, not that he has no friend but he wants to savor the solitude, feeling the safety of being away from any painted mask throwing careless words to his face. They said people loves him, but is it really? Or are those nothing but a fragmented lies created by society personas?

He loves to watch people, running about their life, hectic, chaotic, calm life crossing each other knitting a messy webs and loud madness. He likes to observe their facial expression, body gesture, spontaneous words and the ones created with certain purposes. Lies, he saw too many of it. Are we but a lifeless doll get mixed in a strong current called society?

They may say they love him. They may smile and laugh with him. They may share their stories with him. He may like his friends. Acceptance was something he’s trying so hard to learn, and he did eventually. But trust is something so foreign, something he couldn’t comprehend.

It doesn’t matter if he’s alone.

He’s willing to fight the current.

 

The door opened, for a few minutes no one and nothing come in, just hollow air surging into the room amplifying the ticking of the clock which adorning the white wall. Tick tock tick tock it echoes lowly yet louder than ragged breathes filling the vast room, causing a drop of sweat rolling down from the lone man’s forehead whom sitting straight on a chair in the middle of the said room.

Thoughts swarming in his head yet at the same time he’s not thinking at all. What’s the use of thinking? Hasn’t he done it a lot of time and wasn’t it exactly what brought him here in this present moment?

Is he thinking right?

Should he keep sitting there?

 

“Hello,” a voice rings from beside him, tone painted with curiosity and uncertainty.

He turned around expressionless to the source of the voice, it was a voice he doesn’t recognize after all, he didn’t need to smile to a stranger before knowing what they want, right?

“I’m sorry, uhm… The café is crowded, so… I was thinking if it’s alright if I sit at your table? You seem alone…” he said with uneven voice, eyes darting around in nervousness and a small uncertain fake smile adorning his tanned handsome face. But then the smile opens again in haste, “oh I didn’t mean to be impolite! I mean, uh… Are you waiting for a friend or… not?”

Hyukjae eyed the standing man for a second before finally motioning for him to take a seat with a tight lipped smile, something so fake that he hates yet couldn’t help but does it too. What a hypocrite.

The man sighed in relief and sitting down with a big smile which Hyukjae found a bit sweet as it seem genuine. “Huff, thank you so much I was wondering how should I start my day if I don’t find a seat. It’s kind of my ritual to drink coffee every morning.”

“I thought so, but do you realize you can do takeaway?”

A surprised expression instantly forming on the man’s face, it didn’t take long for it to relax again, “Well, I like to drink it while sitting since I can savors it more that way, and I guess it absorb better too. Maybe you didn’t mean it but the way you said it sounds like… sarcasm.”

Hyukjae was a bit impressed that the man didn’t hide the fact he was offended and straightforwardly said it to his face. A smile was threated to slip from his lips, but doing so right at that moment could only makes it worse. He found it quite pleasant of how honest and genuine the man before him.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sound rude,” Hyukjae said with a warm smile which he was holding in, “I’m also a regular here, the owner is my friend so I sort of having a personal seat reserved here.”

“Really? That’s awesome! So envious…” the word of forgiveness wasn’t being said, but the smile that man gave to Hyukjae is more than enough.

“Maybe we can share next time it if the café too crowded like today, I’m okay with it. I’m Lee Hyukjae, you?”

The man’s smile brighten even more as he hold out his hand for a handshake.

“I’m Lee Donghae, nice meeting you.”

 

A step, two step, three step and more heard from behind the open door. A strange sound of some sort of metal being  dragged along on the cold tiles following the thudding of footsteps. Getting closer, closer and even closer with every seconds growing intensely. He close his eyes, unsure whether he’s ready to see whatever it is that coming closer to the room.

Even though he might have expected it. Even though he might already knew what is going to happen. He closed his eyes nonetheless.

Exactly when the footsteps heard by the door, a shadow sneaking into the room which every surface painted in white, the color of purity, emptiness and a chance for a new start.

A new color.

 

“Hyukjae,” he called with a low voice, a bit restrained as if afraid to voice out whatever it is that reside in his mind. “Do you remember how long have we been together?”

The said man turned his attention to the speaking man, face void of any expression, “why did you ask, Donghae?”

“It feels like we’ve been together for quite long…”

“Yes, we are going to our two years in a few weeks.”

“Yes, yes exactly… Two years, I remember it very well…” he muttered with eyes gazing into the distant.

“Why?”

He looked down, lips moving about wanting to speak yet uncertain to do so, “Hyukjae, two years are not short isn’t it? It’s… Quite long for a relationship, right?”

“I suppose it is,” Hyukjae answered cautiously, beginning to understand where this conversation is leading. He asked again, “why?”

“I’ve noticed Hyukjae, you never really open up to me… You’re always hiding something.”

“I’m not hiding anything.”

“You are so distant… Like you’re here yet so far… I don’t think I ever see the real you,” he said more like a silent protest.

Hyukja didn’t answer, he couldn’t, he had no excuse. It’s true he never show his true self, at least not all of it to his lover. Almost all of his smiles and laughs are real, but still it tainted with a bit of lies. He just couldn’t bring himself letting it all go. He still couldn’t put his trust to humanity, he still couldn’t put his trust to his lover, no.

Not when his past made him so. Not when he changed himself just to fit in.

Not when the real him was the one made him suffer.

He need something more to give his trust yet again to another human being.

 

The step stopped only to be engulfed by a loud screech of metal being forcefully dragged, vibrating the whole room in the most dreading manner. Then the footsteps begin again, getting closer and closer very cautiously as the loud  screeching continue to follow until it reached the center of the room.

A bit of choked breathes and a tiny whimpers leaves the sitting man, eyes tightly shut not allowing even a tiny bit of light peeking in. He tried to even his breathing but to no avail. His body jerk a little when a loud thud heard and the screeching stop. Little gasps slipping out from his trembling lips, words stuck in his dry throat.

The footsteps heard again, walking closer to where the sitting man is. A radiating warm  presence looming over him from his side, standing there ever so gentle and threatening. A fragile touch brushing away his hair, digging into until warmth seeping to his scalp.

“Why are you closing your eyes? It’s no use…” the presence spoke with gentle voice, a voice he’s very familiar with.

“Say…” he continued, “do you noticed that your friends has been missing?”

 

“Hey, have you seen Sungmin?” a friend of him asked with confused face.

“No, I saw him last night when he stayover at my place but he left first this morning… Why?”

“Well, I haven’t seen him all day and he didn’t go to any of his class today.”

“Maybe he’s skipping, is not the first he done that,” he laughed.

“I don’t know, maybe… But he never did that without saying anything to me or you… And I’ve tried to call him but he never answer. I had a bad feeling… And we still don’t know where the hell has Siwon and Jongwoon gone too. Did Heechul say anything?” his friend asked flustered.

“No, he also had no idea where they’re nor have he seen them since…”

“What the hell is happening?”

He lowers his gaze, looking at his own foot buried into the white snow, “I don’t know… Let’s hope it’s all only our bad thinking…”

 

“Hyukjae, I always find you alone recently,” Donghae smiled questioningly.

“Unlike you who seem busy with your friends, I just didn’t have that many friends.”

“Sorry, did I make you lonely?” he wraps the other guy in tight embrace, sharing warmth in the cold evening day, “is just that… There is something weird going on in my circle.”

“What happened?” Hyukjae asked curiously.

“Just… Nothing big,” he shrugs.

“I see…”

“What do you say we have a date today? We can’t let you be lonely for too long,” he’s grinning playfully, “let’s enjoy the day only the two of us, you don’t need anyone else other than me!”

Hyukjae laughed at the words, lowering his gaze as to hide his emotions, “your wish, Donghae.”

The other man chuckled lightly, “yeah, I wish…”

 

“You did noticed,” the standing man said followed by a dark chuckles, “how does it feel? Did you ever expect things to be like this? …Or did you actually wish for it to be like this?”

His voice was gentle, sweet and terrifying like a dark chocolate which taste bitter yet a hint of sweetness also present. He spoke in a very low voice like a smooth, sharp fingers scratching on a tender skin, ripping apart the tight air in the white vast room. The tone he used for a certain purpose, for the sitting man to listen, to see, to watch and understand what is it that he’s going to show.

The looming present beside the sitting man dissipating as echoes of footsteps heard again, this time going further away to the center of the room. Then it stop, again letting a heavy silence befalling whoever that present in that room.

“Open your eyes darling, I want you to see,” he said almost like a command.

Strangely against all the storming emotions inside him, the sitting man slowly opening his eyes, willing for the light to fill in, taking in the sight that laid in front of him in a terrifying manner. There in the middle of room, only three meters away from where he was sitting, his lover stood behind a chair. A metal chair which carries a figure of a man.

He gasped, forcing his lungs to in air as his heart start beating faster to the point his neck and his whole face twitching yet it felt as if his blood being drain out of his stiffing body.

His fingertips tingling painfully and he felt some sort of tendrils strangling his neck under his skin when the man sitting across him raising his head, revealing his face for all to see. Face marred with tears, anguish, anger and most of all… Fear. Dark brown orbs swimming in the unknown, pleading for any sort of help at all. Lips trembling, hiccupping cries and incoherent words which probably begging for his life to be spared.

The man who is sitting and expected to be watching gulping visibly, clueless of what to do. Eyes darting around inspecting the pitiful man across him, identifying him.

“Do you remember who he is?” his lover asked with a thin smile, seeming so innocent yet genuinely filled with darkness.

The sitting man looked up, staring right in the eyes of his lover, uncertain whether he should answer the question or not.

His lover repeated, “do you remember him?”

 

 “Why did you suddenly being so nice to me?” the tall slender guy with a warm smile asked.

“You don’t like it?”

“No! Not at all, I mean… Well, we have never talk and kind of… belonging to different groups, so it’s pretty strange of you to suddenly talking to me… Not that I mind, actually I’m kind of interested in you,” he explained with a bashful smile.

“You are interested in me…?” the shorter guy asked with a full teeth smile, “what kind of… Interest?”

“Not the bad kind! I mean, not the… Uh, well I already knew that you have a lover and I have no intention to ruin it, so, it’s not a bad kind of interest! Well, just, uh, yeah… I’m still pretty much interested in you,” he said a bit stuttering while scratching his neck agitatedly.

The shorter man’s smile grows bigger, “Chansung, you’re so funny.”

“Yeah well, that wasn’t my intention, I just don’t want to scare you off,” he replied gaining back a bit of composure, “and your lover is quite a jealous person.”

The shorter guy fell silent, eyes gazing to the distant nothing in particular, “he is…”

“Are you not tired have to deal with his jealousy every time?”

He halted his step, raising his head as to stare back to the eyes of the taller man, indicating what he’s about to say.

“No.”

 

“What was it his name again?” his lover asked bringing him back from his reminiscing, “I think I used to hear you said it everyday now…”

The man who’s tied to a chair still whimpering in hopelessness, unable to move, unable to make any sound other than little cries. His body jerks up in fear when a hand patted his shoulder, it was gentle but he was too terrified to notice it. All that he know is he’s in a big trouble.

He tried to stare at the man sitting across him, the lover of the person who’s standing behind him heinously, pleading for the man to help him with his eyes for his mouth was sealed. But the man in front of him didn’t do anything, he was just there sitting with nothing holding him down nor a cloth and tape over his mouth yet the man he called friend do nothing. Nothing other than staring back at him with unreadable expression, or he was too out of it even to understand the meaning of the man’s expression.

“Ah!” the man standing behind the chair of the pitiful man exclaimed while clapping his hands as if he won a lottery, “Chang… Sung wasn’t it?”

He laughed loudly, ringing so nightmarish in the said man’s ears, causing his whole body shivering at the ill thought of what would happen to him after the dark childish laughs. The man he used to call as friend still sitting there unbound to the chair, unmoving and staring into his. Is that fear he’s looking at right now? Or was it only a reflection of his own on those dark even orbs?

“Chansung…” the hand on his shoulder ghosting to his neck, cold palm pressing to the delicate part of his body. “Poor little Chansung… What have brought you into the dragon’s lair? Was it the chance of making it yours? You should have hop faster… Little rabbit like you shouldn’t play around nearing the lair, you brought this to yourself.”

The hand trailing up to his jaw, fingers tickling the taller man’s earlobes dreadfully slow. A whisper with a voice as sweet as honey, “blame yourself little rabbit.” And a thin, cold feeling on his neck right under his earlobe, filling him with horror as his cries intensify and his body struggling like a madman for survival.

“Hyukjae, open your eyes,” the voice sounded from behind the struggling man’s almost like a seduction.

The eyes of the unbound man were open when a sudden hot, thick liquid drenching him like a summer rain. His sight was almost blackened when the white flesh being ripped to the cartilage, revealing a twitching windpipe screaming for help in silent as the vocal cord turn upwards. His heart beating in madness when the red liquid covering the front of his body, hot like a wet blanket and still he couldn’t close his eyes.

His sight getting bluer as the time ticking, the white morphed into beautiful red and the vast room filled with a different scent as the bursting noises heighten in his senses. He see his lover standing there, behind the lump of human body, fingers holding onto the hair of the dangling head, attached to the neck only by the bones. A smile painted on those handsome tanned face, adorned with red.

“Hyukjae, I think I know you now,” Donghae said with a growing smile, eyes wide open glinting childishly, “I remember you distancing yourself from your friends.”

Hyukjae exhales deeply, his heart and mind overwhelmed with emotions, mixed with so many feelings waiting for the words from his lover.

“Then you so suddenly became so close to this guy, so… close.”

A gasp escape from the plump lips at the final words, tainted with realization and… Euphoria.

 

His lover continued, “you planned this didn’t you?”

 

 

 

-The End-

 

 

 


First of all, I want to say I have nothing against Chansung! Honestly he's my bias in 2pm.... And I love his interaction with Hyuk so... Oh well ^^

Did any of you (if there is even anyone who's reading this) expected the ending to be like this? Did you guess right who's the bad guy?

Hehehe, please comment okay? I'm waiting!!

 

If you're not commenting I'l hunt you down.