Us

Blood and Chocolate

US


 

He wheeled himself out of the room, to the lobby then let the kind nurse put him on the back seat of the taxi, so is the wheelchair into the trunk. Despite the new heaviness he feels with his legs, he breath in relief, proud to be home. Because he doesn’t know what is waiting inside his house yet he doesn’t mind either holding all the possibilities.

 

A loud groan echoed the whole room, subsided by the rumbles of the walls, crumbling bits by bits to the cold floor. It was his voice, uncontained with no reservation, he couldn’t help to let it slip off of his tongue for the great pain befalling on him. Yet he felt nothing but the pain, there was no fear or even feeling hopeless when he can’t move a muscle beneath a huge concrete. Because he knows what took place and he has control over it.

Was he seeing himself in the same role as them in that bridled state? Was he ever think of them as equal as him even at that time? None of it all but pain was wrapping him. Pain, the same pain he inflicted yet it’s not the same for him. Because he allowed it to happen and they never have the control. He was not afraid to feel pain, to be hurt or to feel death at his fingertips. He embraces it, for death is but a life. After all we are all born to die.

It was unsurprising for him to see that man standing by the door looking down at his figure crushed under the chunks of concrete wall, drinking a glass of red wine with victorious smile. By all means he had already predicted something like this would happen, and so it did perfected with a silhouette of a man standing oh so elegantly.

He doesn’t even mind to call an ambulance and firefighters by himself with a bit of grunts here and there due to his hip bones shattered to bits. Oh the pain, it was so intense he almost lose consciousness if it’s not for the mad giggles ringing on his ears.

 

“Well, I forgot you knew even my other house,” Hyukjae greeted the man who is sitting on a sofa at his living room. “You could at least help me off the taxi, sparing the poor driver to heave the wheelchair and unfolded it for me.”

 

“That is what you always did anyway, distressing poor souls,” he smiled amusedly.

 

Hyukjae replied the smile cunningly, “oh distressing now, are we?”

 

“I’m not sure, but certainly I can’t quite find the word to express it,” he stands up and walks to the table to grab a glass. “What did they said?”

 

“The gas tap at my house broke and it just exploded, they and their lack of imagination,” Hyukjae answered plainly with a sigh, “Is that my wine you are drinking?”

 

“I thought what’s yours is also mine?” he pours himself another glass of wine.

 

“Definitely not for you to empty it by yourself,” Hyukjae wheeled to the man and take the bottle off his hand. “Now do tell me why you are here.”

 

“Where else would I be?” Donghae grinned before he take a sip.

 

“Can’t say I expect you to stay, nor to see you gone after all what happened.”

 

“Oh Hyukjae, why would I even think of going away after that?” he put the glass on the table and take a step closer to the man in a wheelchair, the hair ever so gently, pouring all the love he has for the man.

 

“Why indeed” Hyukjae said in the mixed of question and statement.

 

“I do know why and I believe you do too,” he smirked proudly, “I know it could only happened because you allowed it. Why though?”

 

“Maybe you wanted to stop me because you love me, and maybe because I want to show you nothing could stop me, even you,” he answered void of emotions.

 

“I know how strong your urges to show your art, Hyukjae, I don’t need to do that just to see to that fact. And I have no means to stop you, why would I?” Donghae frowned a bit in confusion, “do you remember how we first met Hyukjae?”

 

“Of course, it was the first time I let anybody to see me…”

 

“Then I may never tell you how I was stunned to see you bare under the moonlight, it was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.”

 

Hyukjae titling his head curiously, amusement filling his dark brown eyes, “indeed you never tell me.”

 

“I lost my breath at the very first sight of you, my heart beating so fast, head feels so clouded and fingertips tingling with unknown sensations. It all felt… New,” he smiled in delight.

 

“That’s normal, everyone would felt that way when they saw me.

 

“But not euphorically, I bet they would with all the adrenaline, but I was intoxicated with something else entirely. You know it right then, after all, why would you let me go if it’s not because of it?” he grinned knowingly.

 

“I saw your eyes glinting like a happy child finding his hidden candy,” Hyukjae chuckled lightly at the memory.

 

“Exactly,” Donghae exclaimed excitedly, “so why do you think I want to stop you?”

 

“I guess I still think that all I saw could be anything else entirely.”

 

“Oh Hyukjae, I guess I’ve never let you see me bare enough even though I’ve let myself in front of you…” Donghae shakes his head as he laughs, “or maybe you’re too armored with me.”

 

“I never wear the armor with you, though I put myself behind the veil because I have yet known what is your intention.”

 

“My best intention… Is the best for you,” he smiled darkly, fingers ghosting over Hyukjae’s thigh, “I love to observe you, to unwrap you layer by layer slowly until I find the right time.”

 

Hyukjae lifted up his chin amusedly, “Can’t say I’m not enjoying it.”

 

“I know you do, every single time you did it, I saw you observing me too yet somehow you still managed to missed it.”

 

“I didn’t, I’m just being very careful, one can never be wary enough. Especially with someone like you,” Hyukjae smiled tauntingly.

 

“Then you did see me too, yet you put a veil on it… Then again, you allowed me this, can’t say I’ve seen you totally bare too…” he stated as his hands keep running on Hyukjae’s invalid legs, “this would start degenerating … The muscles will be no more and all that will be left are skins enveloping bones, just like a dried up plum.”

 

“I dare you to love it by then,” Hyukjae smiled daringly.

 

“I will of course, no question about it. I will make sure to doll you up.”

 

“So now you are going to doll me up, does it consist of you making a trophy of my eyeball and replace it with a glass one?”

 

Donghae grinned jokingly, “you just give me an idea.”

 

“You need more creativity,” Hyukjae mocked with a scoff.

 

“My idea of dolling you is different than what you imagine.”

 

“Enlighten me then, does what you did included in your dolling me up?” Hyukjae rubs his knee despite he could no longer feel any sensation.

 

“I didn’t have any thought of animating you, in fact I’m so much in love with your arts as much I love you, so rather than you wandering alone why not let me be the one to bring you your materials?”

 

Hyukjae’s eyebows jerked up, “you are willing to be my legs, provider and participating in my arts, is that what you’re saying? That would ruin the fun, I don’t need it.”

 

“We could be in this together, not just you or me alone, but together.”

 

“You can’t own me Donghae, even if I love you and with this legs, you still can’t,” Hyukjae smiled.

 

“No, I’m not owning you, my definition of owning would be different.”

 

“I could see that, but I won’t let you as my art is yet to complete.”

 

“And I’ll make sure when you’re mine, I will be your art too.”

 

Hyukjae grinned dark and happily, “that is the best proposal I ever heard.”

 

“And those legs could be convenient in our search too,” Donghae added.

 

“Other than making sure I couldn’t outrun you, the disadvantage could be our advantage, I guess being vulnerable has it perks.”

 

“Only for us,” Donghae smiled triumphantly, “I got you convinced for it to be us, aren’t I? Vulnerability could be the best bait after all.”

 

“I really don’t like the idea of you trying to outsmart me, so as I’m sure enough I could still outrun you.”

 

“I’m no smarter than you Hyukjae, you were the one who brought me here after all. I’m just giving some suggestions but still everything is founded by you, and only you. I am but a participant yet no less than an observer,” he said with a warm smile.

 

“All this… And what’s in it for you?”

 

“I get to see your art up close Hyukjae, I get to see the process and get deeper into your head.”

 

“And would you be involved directly with the makings?”

 

“I wouldn’t if I’m not supposed to,” he reassuring the fact that Hyukjae had all the control.

 

“You really have fallen in love with the sight of me, huh?” Hyukjae said smugly.

 

“And all beyond it,” Donghae replied with a content smile.

 

“I’ve seen you as the same as me, but never to this extent, I can say it did surprise me.”

 

“Glad to surprise you, you’re hard to please after all.”

 

“When the fish chasing after another fish in a circle, it’s become unclear which one is the chaser…” Hyukjae reach out his hand, on Donghae’s hair and tugging on it to bring the male closer so his lips could taste the other’s lips.

 

“And that’s the undying fun of being chased. Isn’t it?” Donghae reciprocating the kiss, deepening it for equality.

 

“Surely you didn’t make our relationship flat,” Hyukjae chucked after he bite Donghae’s lower lip until it tastes salty and metallic, “We should celebrate our unison with a wedding ceremony, after all we’re going to be together until death do us apart. What do you say?”

 

“Maybe with our first art together, to be shown to the world. Us standing in the middle of the magnificent crowd, basking in the moonlight, with your skin glisten so brightly mixed with my darker one, coated in red especially your hair, lips and… eyes,” Donghae muttered gazing lovingly into a pair of piercing deep cold orbs.

 

“Just like the first time we met…” Hyukjae hummed in agreement.

 

“This time with me and I will absolutely make out with you in the middle of your art,” he said while laughing heartily, “damn I’m shivering in excitement!”

 

“Oh Donghae, how I’m happy to see you happy,” he cupped the other male’s face and kisses it, “better yet we shall make love upon it.”

 

“You know I do too Hyukjae, my love.”

 

 

It was a night like any other day, him walking in the middle of the night after finishing his night shift, hands in the pocket as his body shivered by the cold air. He’s been living in the neighborhood for years ever since he was three years old, but still the dark alleys and the big, wide house yards give him an unknown sense inside him, like something will appear out of the blue in front of him. It’s not like he’s scared, more like he’s feeling uneasy, waiting for something to take place, to happen. But what was it he’s expecting, he never know. Or so he thought.

If one had to guess, that moment when he stumble upon something he shouldn’t have, was the very moment he breathes in his first life. He was born that day, that night with a bright full moon awakening his soul in a very mysterious way. He had expected some sort of things as what laid in front of his eyes, but never would he guess for it to felt that way. He felt alive at that exact moment.

The moon was shining so bright it illuminates the earth with it’s silver glory, so calm and beautiful as if time flows slower. The short, sharp grasses of the yards prickling to his skin as he stumbled down, yet all of it doesn’t matter but the sight he took in, hands harrowing for he wanted to grounded himself in that moment. His breathing hitched, blood pumping faster than ever as unfounded euphoria dilating his pupils and filling every nook and cranny of his body.

There in the middle of the yard, in the middle of it all, standing a boy basking under the moonlight glistening his pale skin even more profound. His eyes was dark, so dark it was bringing the stumbling boy shivered by the depths of it, it’s full of dark desires. His hair was drenched by red, dripping so elegantly to his pale skin and red plump lips. He was all a mixed of white and red, drowning in silver light, it was so beautiful and breathtaking. And what laid around him was more of an art yet not as magnificent than the standing figure himself.

The beauty of the three figures laid in triangle and garlanded with flowers and white sheets, as if they were the three Greek’s Gods descending to earth. So then the boy who was standing in the middle of it was more than the great Gods. He was higher than them, unshackled by flowing time and he lives only in that moment.

The boy on the ground took all the stunning sight, coming to realization, he knew the boy as the boy knew him. In that moment the word knew gave a different meaning. And so the standing boy smiled warmly.

 

“Aren’t you going to run, Donghae?”

 

 

 

-The End-

 

 

 


Okay it's not dark enough...

Don't forget to comment okay? ^^