Cookie-stealer

Enemies

WARNING.
I kind of have problems with tenses, I don't know why. But this is supposed to be in present tense... So... I hope I did it right


Today is Luhan's second day back in South Korea. After 7 years of being stuck in a public school back home in China, which wasn't necessarily bad, he just felt bad that he couldn't give the poor kids money. His parents wouldn't allow him. He felt so horrible for the kids whose families were too poor to even buy a decent amount of food. The kids looked so skinny and sad. He'd try to give all of those kids his lunch. He was considered the popular kid. He got picked on though, but never to his face. Everyone knew that if he heard he was being picked on for being nice he'd kick the person's . But he had to leave all those kids to go to some rich school in South Korea. He felt like a big brother to all those kids, even if they were his age... Or older. He asked one of his friends that goes to the same school to try and do the same. His name was Yixing, he was a sweetie. He still is, Luhan's sure that Yixing, or as he prefers Lay, will continue on his legacy and be nice to all those kids. Luhan smiles softly at the thought, eating his cereal peacefully, while his parents are trying to talk to him.
"Luhan, dear? Are you listening?" His mother was the first to ask the question his parents had been wondering the second he started staring straight ahead of himself.
He snapped out of it, reluctantly almost. "Hm? I'm sorry mothr I must've gotten lost in thought, I hop you weren't saying anything too important..."
His father chuckled softly, "No Luhan, you didn't miss anything too important. We were just talking about your school schedule. You'll get a copy when you're there though. And hopefully a map, it's a really big school." Luhan nodded and looked down at his cereal, or Oreo O's to be more specific, "Mother, why didn't we have these in China?" She smiled "They were discontinued everywhere but here, sweetheart."
Luhan's eyes widened as he looked up at his mother.
"What is it, honey? Are you alright?"
"I'm fine but... Can we never move? These are too good to give up."


Luhan sighed softly, he hadn't thought about improving his Korean skills the day before. Now on his way to school, he has to brush up on his phone, asking his driver for translations every once in awhile.
"Luhan, we've arrived!" His mother spoke in a sing-song voice next to him. He has asked why his mother wanted to drive with him to school, but she didn't answer and insisted she did. It was after they got out of the car he realized why she wanted to come. She had pulled him into a giant hug and kissed his head. "Me and your father are gonna miss you a lot, dear." Luhan, not embarrassed by the affection, laughed. "Mom, I'm only gonna be gone for sixteen hou- ..."
"Sixteen hours."
"Yes dear, sixteen ho-"
"Please save me."
His mother giggles softly, "Sweetie you'll be fine." He sighs and kisses her forehead, "Love you, mom."
"I love you too, sweetie."
The smile never left her face as she got into the car. Or when she drove away, waving back at Luhan.
He sighs again and slings his backpack over his uniformed shoulder.
He looks down at himself, "At least the uniform looks nice."
His thoughts are right, it's a very handsome uniform indeed. It consists of a white, short-sleeved button up, with a black tie and pants. And fancy shoes of course, also black. He looks around at all the other students. "They all look richer than me...
He wuickly corrects himself in his own mind, "Not that there's anything wrong with that, Luhan... I mean... Being intimidated isn't weird..."
Of course he'll never say it out loud, but seeing all these kids he does feel very intimidated...
He continues to walk around for what feels like forever until he found his locker, the school did require to come an hour or two early...
His fingers fumble with the lock, oddly nervous.
He doesn't notice the pink-haired boy next to him until he speaks up.
First, the boy clears his throat
"Luhan?"
Luhan turns his head towards the unrecognizable voice.
His face falls into a scowl.
"Xiumin?"
The boy, now recognized as Xiumin sighs softly.
"Luhan do you really still hate me because I stole your cookie in Kindergarten?"
Luhan's face turns from a scowl into a confused look, "That's what you did?"
The Xiumin boy sighs yet again and nods. "You're really not mad at something stupid like that at fifteen, right?"
Luhan let out a "hm" as he thought about...
After thinking about it for a moment or two, Xiumin with a hopeful look on his face perks up when Luhan turns towards him while closing his locker.
"Well since I've come to hate you as a person and not only a cookie-stealer. Yes, I'm still mad."
Xiumin's hopeful look fell into a sarcastic one, as he mocked the other boy's tone "Yes I'm still mad over the stupidest thing on Earth. And how the hell did you come to hate me as a person in kindergarten? I wasn't even a person yet."
"I don't care, leave me alone."
Xiumin, trying to keep up the pace, was walking quite fast, only a little behind Luhan.
"Can I still walk to class with you?"
"No."
"Can I walk to 2nd period with you?"
"No."
"3rd?"
"No."
"LUNCH?!"
"NO."
"PLEASE."
Luhan turns around sharply, the Xiumin boy stopping right in front of his face. They're pratically the same height, Xiumin only being an inch or two shorter.
Luhan's breath hitches from the closeness, but he quickly gains his anger back.
"Look. I don't like you. I never will. You're never not gonna be my enemy. Get over it."
Xiumin never wanted to hear those words coming to him from Luhan's mouth, especially in such a harsh tone.
"WELL I DON'T CARE ANYWAY! I HATE YOU TOO, LUHAN. YOU NEED TO GET OVER YOURSELF!"
Xiumin yells at the boy as he walks away, crossing his arms and fighting the tears that threatened to fall.
Luhan just scoffs at the words.
"It's gonna be a long school day."