Friends

A promised marriage

Tiffany POV:

''Hi Fanny.'' Jessica runs into my room looking exhausted.

''Jess.'' I stand up from my bed and hug her like a little kid her mother.

''I'm so happy to see you.'' I nearly cry.

''Me too.'' She sits down with me on my bed.

''So what happened that you wanted me to come so late at night?''

I look at the clock that hangs in my room and see that it's already 1am. Where did the time go. I thought it's still Saturday.

''Sorry did I wake you up?''

After we came back from the Lus I was still in shock so the first thing I did was to phone Jessica and tell her to come. Luckily my parents know that I now need someone who helps to get over the shock so they allowed her to stay over night.

''No I was reading magazines. But this isn't important. Tell me what happened.''

She looks at me curious but that isn't suprising because I'm sure she wants to know why I look so...awful.

My make up is smeared over my face and and my hair stands off.

''I'm going to marry.'' I speak out the last word really quiet but my best friend heard it neverthless.

''Did you say marry!?'' She screams and I hope my parents don't sleep yet or they would be awake now.

''You really need to scream more quiet or I get deaf. And yes I said marry.''

''You mean M A R R Y!?'' She doesn't seem to believe me but who would belive her best friend if she just told that she would marry when she before not even had a boyfriend.

''Yes I mean that.'' I slowly say so that she understands that I'm not drunk and mean it.

''Whom will you marry?''

''CEO Lu.''

''You said who?'' She screams again.

''Please not even I screamed so much as I heard it.''

''Did you say CEO Lu?'' She ignores everything I say about screaming.

''Yes CEO Lu.''

''Ok now I want to hear the whole story.''

''I already told you that we visited the Lus. We first met the grandparents of the CEO. They were really nice. Mrs Lu was a bit to nice and too happy. Mr Lu was more quiet. After I introduced myself suddenly the CEO came in. I was so surprised. You should have seen him. He looks so beautiful and is so hot. The most handsome man I have ever seen in my life. He has brown blonde hair and his face is just flawless just like the rest of him. At first he was a bit emotionless but after I embarrassed myself he smiled. He looks even better when he smiles.''

My explanation was interrupted by Jess.

''How did you embarrassed yourself?''

''I said that he looks hot and stared at him.''

Jessica laughs hard. ''That's so typical for you.''

''I know but after that he told me that he thinks to be hones is good. Then suddenly Mrs Lu explained something about a promise to us and they told us that Luhan and I are going to marry. Of course we were both surprised and shocked and tried to get ourselves out of this but it didn't work. Luhan then walked out of the room. He said something about work but I'm sure he wanted to cool his head down. We then left shortly after that.''
I ended my explanation. At first it is totally quiet in the room but then Jessica starts to talk.

''So even if you both don't want to you will marry.''

''Yes I am against it because I want to marry a man that I love and we both are still young. But neverthless I'm going to do it.''

''Why would you?''

''I want my parents to fulfill their promise and with the marriage the Hwang company will have a heir. Of course right now I'm the heir but I don't understand anything about about business and Luhan is already one of the most successful business man in the world.''
Jessica smiles at me and then pulls me into a hug.

''You poor girl you always think about others first. You are so strong. If it was me I would just run away and try to forget everything.''

I laugh. ''But where would you run to?''

She thinks. ''That's a good question. Maybe America or Japan or I always wanted to go to Europa.''

That's Jessica. Sh always has a plan that isn't really a plan.

''Do you want to watch a movie to distract?'' She asks me.

I nod.

''Something funny or something with action.'' I tell her.

''19-Nineteen?'' She asks.

I grin. ''I'm sure you know my answer already.''

She turns the TV on and we then watch the movie together that we have already watched nearly a hundred times.

 

Luhan POV:
''Hey Hyung.'' I look up and see my best friends coming to me. I smile and stand up from my seat at the table.

''Long time not seen.'' I hug each of them.

''That we have not seed each other is because you are too busy to meet with us.''Xiumin says.

''You don't have time for us Hyung.'' Chen says.

I laugh and hold my hands up. ''Sorry I know it's my fault.''

''But what happened that you have time for us and called me like you are going to die?'' Kris question reminds me of the reason why we are all here and my expression darkens.

''You won't believe it but I'm going to get married.'' I say slowly.

''WHAT?!'' They scream in unision. I look around and see that everyone in the restaurant looks at us.

''Guys keep quiet.''
''Did he just say that he's going to get married or do I have hearing problems?'' Tao turns to the others.

''If you have then me too.'' Lay says.

''Guys you don't have hearing problems. I said that I'm going to get married.''
They just stare at me.

Kris looks at my glass. ''How many drinks did you have?''

''I'm totally sober. How often do I need to tell you that I'm going to get married?''

''But you don't have a girlfriend.''

''And you are still too young.''

''You don't even have time for your friends. How should you have time for a wife?''

''You said that you don't have time for woman and want to live freely.''

''It's an arranged marriage.'' I answer the questions of Tao, Chen, Lay and Xiumin with a simple sentence.

''Then it was planned by your grandparents?'' Kris asks.

''No by my parents.''

''Your parents? But they are...'' My friends look shocked at me.

''They made a promise with the CEO of the Hwang company and his wife that their children are going to marry in 20 years from that. And now the promise should be fulfilled.'' I explain it shortly to my friends.

''But why did they have this promise?''

''Grandma said something about that they knew that something would happen to them and that they were worried about me.'' Suddenly I get the meaning of this words and my friends too.

''So does this mean that it wasn't a normal car accident. Could it be that they were murdered?'' Lay voices the thought that we all have.

I close my eyes for a second to stop myself from crying. I already had this thought a few times that they were murdered but I always have ignored this thought.

''Maybe.'' I whisper.

''So you are going to marry the daughter of CEO Hwang?'' Kris saves me. I look at him and see that knows that I don't really want to speak about my parents.

''Yes. Do you know him or her?''

''I once met the CEO. He is really nice and cares about everyone. I haven't met his daughter yet.''
''How is she?'' Chen asks me.

''Pretty and polite. I heard that she studys law. She also just says what she thinks.'' I explain to them.

''Really? So she's nice?''

''Yes. She stared at me for a few minutes and told me that I look hot.'' I nearly laugh at the thought of her. She looked really embarrassed when she said that.

The others stare at me. ''She told you that you look hot?'' Xiumin asks shocked.

''Yes. I told you she just says what she thinks.''

The others laugh. We then talk about different things until the others leave. Kris takes me with his car back to my house.

''Are you alright?'' He asks.

I suddenly begin to cry. I think about my parents. That they were maybe killed. I couldn't cry out in the restaurant. I don't want them to see me crying or they only worry about me.

Suddenly the car stops and Kris gets off. I look out of the window and see that we are standing before my house. I open the car door and my legs give up. Luckily Kris catches me. He pulls me up and helps me into the house. As we come into my room I cry again. Kris just hugs me. He always understands me. Not that the others doesn't but Kris knows when it's hard for me to talk about a theme like before.

''Just let everything out. I'm here for you. You don't need to be strong. The others and I will always help you.

I cry louder than before and tell him everything I think about. About the death of my parents. That it really could be murder. That I'm scared of getting married. To let another person in my life who I don't really know. That I'm exhausted of working but I keep going on.

I don't know how long we talked but I later fall asleep.


The next chapter. I hope it wasn't to bad. Thanks for suscribing and I hope I didn't dissapoint you in this chapter. I would love some comments to know what you think about this story and if you have anything that I could do better.