Promise

A promised marriage

Tiffany POV:

Wow. Just Wow.

We are standing right now before the biggest house I have ever seen. Ok. Big is not the right word it's enormus like a palace. Everywhere are guards that look out for suspicious people. 

''Come in.'' A young man that must be a butler shows us the way in.

Inside it's like ouside. Luxurious.

''Are you really friends with these people?'' I whisper to my father.

Of course we are also rich, very rich but this is a total different stage of rich. I shouldn't be suprised. It's the Lus who we are visiting.

''Yes.'' My father says just because the butler turns around to us.

''Madam and Mister Lu are waiting for you in the dinning room.''

He opens a dorr so that we can see a big table in the middle of the room. There are two older people sitting at it. As they see us they both stand up.

''Long time not seen.'' The woman hugs my parents and smiles at them.

''The man just shakes the hands of my parents. They must be the grand parents of the CEO. They look really nice.

''Mrs. Mr Lu. This is our beloved daughter Tiffany.'' My mother points at me to signale that I should introduce myself.

''Nice to meet you. I'm Stephanie. You can call me Tiffany.'' I smile at them and bow.

''Your daughter is a real beauty and so polite.'' Mrs Lu says. ''Please sit down. The food will be brought soon.'' She points at the seats opposite of them and we sit down.

''But where is Luhan?'' She asks her husband.

Luhan?

''Working. You know him. Probably he has forgot teh time again because he's so concentrated.''

Who is Luhan? Do they mean the CEO?

Suddenly the dorr opens and we look all to the direction.

A handsome man comes in. He wears a black suit and has brown blonde hair. His face is a bit feminine but neverthless he looks really...hot.

''I'm sorry that I'm late. I just needed to get a buisness deal done.'' He bows.

''Luhan come here. Introduce yourself.''

He walks to us and bows. ''I'm Luhan. Nice to meet you.'' His face has the whole time the same expression.

''So you are the famous CEO Lu. Your grandparents have told me so much about you. They just forgot the fact that you are really handsome.'' My father shakes hands with him.

I just stare at this beautiful man. Wow. He...he. Is there a word to describe such a man. And then he's also the CEO of the Lu company. I thought that he maybe would be young but he also looks like this. Oh God. I have seen many handsome man but he's just flawless.

''Tiffany! Stephanie!''I get myself from starring at him and look around. Everyone looks at me even Luhan.

''What?'' Did they tell me something and I didn't answer?

''Introduction.''
I look at my father confused. What does he want?

''You should introduce yourself.'' He nods to Luhan.

I take a deep breathe to collect my thoughts and the look at the good looking face.

''I'm Tiffany. Nice to meet you.'' I even got myself to show my famous eye smile.

He just nods. Why doesn't he say anything? Is he shy or does he think I'm crazy?

We sit down again and the food get's brought in.

''I hope you like it.'' Mr Lu says.

''I'm sure we will.'' My mother smiles at him.

We then begin to eat. My parents and Mr and Mrs Lu talk about things that happen around the world. I'm not really interested in it. I'm more interested in the guy sitting opposite of me. He seems to feel that someone looks at him and looks at me.

''Is something?''

''No. I just was fascinated that the CEO of the Lu company is so young and looks so hot.'' I say thruthfully and then realize what I sayed. I'm so dumb. Why did I say this? He must think that I'm crazy. Oh my god. I look slowly up and see suprinsingly that he smiles. Yes smiles.

''You smile.'' Now he looks suprised at me and I realize that once again I saied something weird.

''Am I not allowed to smile?'' His voice is so soft. It's like a sweet song that...I should stop with these thoughts.

''Sure you are but I was just suprised because you haven't shown your smile before and I thought that you are a person who doesn't smile easily. You should smile more often. You look better when you do it.'' I sigh. I again talked too much.  ''I'm sorry. Sometimes I just say my thoughts without thinking.''

He smiles a bit. ''It's alright. Honest people are good.''

I smile back at him.

''Tiffany. Luhan.'' We look at the others. ''We have something important to say. I look curious at Mrs Lu. What could it be?

''Before tweny years a married couple with a 4 year old son knew that something would soon happen to them so they wanted to have a talk with their friends also a married couple that just got a daughter. They were worried that when something happens to them their son would need to master everything alone. So they asked their friends a favour. That their son would marry in 20 years the daughter of the other married couple. Their friends promised them that they would do everything to let it happen. And now 20 years later the time has come for the friends to fulfill the promise.'' I look at first perplex at Mrs Lu. What does she want to say with this story and then I understand. Marry. I should marry Luhan.

''From your shocked faces I think that you both have understood what she wants to say. But the say this in short. You will get married to each other in two weeks.'' My father says.

''Marry?'' I scream.

''Two weeks?'' Luhan screams.

''I understand that you both don't like the idea but we hope that you will both cooperate with us.'' My mother says.

''I can't marry him! I'm only 21 and have so much before me. I want to marry a man that I love.'' I don't understand my parents.


Luhan POV:

''I understand Tiffany but please help us to fulfill the promise. There will also be much good things about the marriage for you.'' Mr Lu tries to persuade his dfaughter but her face shows the same expressions as mine. Shock. Confusion. Anger.

''Tiffany is right. I also only 24 and need to work the whole time. I don't have time for a wife.'' I also try to talk with my grand parents but it doesn't work.

''Luhan. You parents wanted that for you. They want a strong woman to stand beside you that helps you and I'm sure Tiffany can do that. Also you won't ever get a wife when you just concentrate on work. You will also become the heir of the Hwang company. That looks like more work for you but we will get you more holidays and more free time.''

I sigh. My grandma is so stuborn. I'm sure that there arre many good things for me when I marry Tiffany and she also is really pretty and nice. But why should two peole marry each other when they don't love each other?

I slowly stand up and get teh attention of everyone. ''I'm going upstairs. I still have work left.'' I say and walk or better run to my room. I lay down on my bed and try to think about anything normal to calm down. As I'm calm I take my phone and phone Kris. I need someone to talk to.