Amber

Adore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber closed her eyes tensely. Tears keep overflowing from her eyes, every single pain she buried more than 15 years popped on her mind. The way her father kissed her cheek, read bed time stories before she and Jackie sleep. The way he hugged her mom, kissed her tenderly, she still can’t tell herself that he was cheating with another girl. There’s still hurt deep inside her heart, not only her but also Jackie moreover their lovely mom.

Amber POV

It’s been a year. Papa, where’s Papa ? Amber missed Papa so much. No more kisses, no more bedtime stories, no more Zoo on the weekend. There’s just cry every day, Jackie, Mama, everyone is crying for Papa. Why does Papa left us without any reason ? Amber won’t ask Mama about Papa anymore, because it always end up with crying. Amber doesn’t want to see Mama crying.

KRIIIIIINGGGGGG.

Wah! It’s been a long time no calls, but who’s that ? Papa ?

“Hello, Liu Family’s here” Jackie answered the phone.

I’m watching her from my room, Jackie looks sad during the call. She just nodded her head and said ‘yes’ for maybe hundred times. What happened ? Is that Papa ? After maybe 15 minutes, finally she hung up the phone and kneeling. She buried her face to the table, and..crying ? I stepped backward when I hear her sobs, actually there’s so many questions in my head for her but....I’m back to my room.

After Papa’s departure, this house feels so cold. Jackie was the one who I talk to but now she’s busy with her school stuffs, Mama was the one who brought warmness to the family every morning, now she’s very busy with her job. She has to earn some money to fulfill her family’s daily needs. For 5 years Mama worked as a cashier in a supermarket, then next 5 years she worked on a coffee shop, she always come home late night. She said, she has to work hard for me and Jackie. But when Jackie turned 20, she flied to Paris for work. She call us almost every day and didn’t let Mama work for almost 15hours anymore, because her salary more than enough to fulfill everything include her lovely family members.

Our family now doesn’t cold as yesterday. Mama prepared breakfast for me every morning, just like twelve years ago. Now I can see her genuine smile again, it really calming. Twice a year, Jackie bring us to Paris or traveled to another country. This year, she bought an apartment for us in California. So we totally moved to a new country.

“Jackie, thanks for everything. You really bring our family back.” I can see Mama getting teary when she said that. We sat on the cozy coffee shop.

“Everything I do, for you guys.” Jackie hold our hands and smile wisely, “Hmm, I’m going to tell something, Ma”

“What’s that ?”

“Hmm.. Actually, I already knew about Papa. He called home a year after his departure. He said to me ‘protect Mama and Amber, Papa is okay here and I love you guys so much. Please tell I miss them’ ” Mama just gave us a bitter smile. “He already changed his name, Ma. Once he called me when I was in office, he introduced himself as Mr. Kim. At first I thought that I don’t have any Korean friends with ‘Kim’, but well I noticed his voice. I instantly hung up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter