Choice!

Waiting for you to love me

My parents and I are seating around the table, eating breakfast together. My dad finished his breakfast, quickly gulped down the coffee, took his briefcase, bidded us farewell and left the kitchen. Instead of eating my food, I was playing with it, stabbing with the fork in the plate. When I lifted up my head, I realized I was being observed by my mom. She looked curious, as if she wanted to ask me something but held back for the time being.

Finally she asked me, „What’s wrong?“

  „I’m fine“, I lied to her, took a mouthfull of the food, had difficulty to swallow it so I forced myself to gulp it down. „I have a question. It’s a story about my friend who has to make a difficult decision.“

  „Did we reach the point where you tell me about an allegedly friend who’s in trouble but in truth it’s really about yourself?“

  „Mom, do you really want to hear it or not?“

  „Yeah, I want to hear it.“

  „It’s really about a friend… Two persons confessed to him but he didn’t reply to none of the confession because he don’t want to hurt anyone by rejecting one of them.“

  „Your friend, does he love any of them.“

  „Yeah, he loves the one who confessed to him as second.“

  „Why can’t he accept him, the one he truly loves?“

  „It’s because he has feelings toward the first one too. He comforted him when he needed someone to be there for him and developed feelings for him but doesn’t know if he’s the right one for him.“

  „Hm… This is indeed a sensitive topic. I can’t choose for your friend because the choice’s his but I can give him some advices. He should quickly choose between them because by keeping silent, he’s only hurting them more. He should ask himself how he would feel if he was in their shoes.“

  „Actually he knows he’s being unfair to them“, I mumbled by myself.   

  „Maybe he should try on going on a date with one of them and see if he’s the right one for him. Maybe he’ll find out who he really wants“. My mom saw on the clock, finally realized she’s coming late for work. She quickly swallowed the last piece of meat, took her bag, trimmed on her cloths here and there. As she was about to leave, she waited in front of the entrance. „Do you know who your friend’s hurting the most? It’s not the two persons who love him but himself. He needs to grow up and face the situation like a real man.“

She finally exited the kitchen. I could hear her mumble on her way, „My boy’s all grown up, he’s even popular and received two love confession“, she giggled by herself.

I sighed. I should’ve known that I can’t play that trick about an allegedly friend with her. She immediately noticed I was the one in trouble and not some imaginary friend. Even if I can’t take her serious some times, I must admit she’s wise and can be helpful with her advices. I knew all along I wasn’t being unfair to Earn and Fee but I don’t want to lose or hurt anyone. I wanted to run away from my problem but I can’t do it forever. It’s time to give one of them a chance, the one who can really make me happy.

I brought my mobilphone out the pocket, wrote the Following to the question he asked me few days ago: „Yeah I’ll go on a date with you“. But before I sent it to the destination, I looked at the name written on the screen. Yeah, I’ll be surely happy with him.

 


 

Finally the day to prove if I can be happy with him arrived. We went to see a comedy movie that was recently out in the cinema. The ending song of the movie was playing. My date and I walked behind the crowd that exited the cinema. He couldn’t control himself and laughed the whole time. Even now, he’s still laughing, holding his belly to ease the tingle in his stomach. I shook my head while smiling.

  „Do you find the movie that funny?“, I asked him.

  „Yeah, it was too funny“, he wipped the tears from his eyes then sighed happily. „Didn’t you enjoy it?“

  „I enjoyed it too but not so much like you did.“

We finally left the cinema. He laid his arm around my shoulders, pulled me closer to him then brought me to the crowded food court where the international area covering Asian and Western favourites dishes were. We waited in front of the food-shelf, everything looked all yummy, there were a broad varieties of food that I don’t even know what to choose.

  „What do you want to order?“, he asked me

  „I don’t know yet.“

I went around watching all the food while searching for the most delicious looking dish.  I came before the german food, it draw my interest, there were potatoes dumplings, aspagarus, roast potatoes and pasta bake too, I stood there admiring everything. Now I have decided what I want. As I was about to turn around to the cook, my head bumped against someone. I rubbed at my read head.  

  „Are you crazy?“, my voice raised a little bit.

My date s.t.r.o.k.e.d on his forehead. He was the one I bumped against with, a bump emerged on his forehead. With that bump he looked like a demon with one horn on his head, it was too funny. I wanted to laugh, desperately tried to restrain myself but ended up giggling by myself.

He sulked, „What’s so funny?“, he laid his arm around my neck, s.t.r.o.k.e.d on my hair. „It isn’t funny, Pete.“

  „Hahahaha… Okay, okay, sorry“, I apologized but still laughed at him.

Finally he freed me out his grip, still rubbed at his forehead. It must be painfull since he made a pained face.

  „Come here, you big crybaby“, I called him, carefully rubbed my thump against his bump.

Our faces were so close to each others that I could feel how his breath brushed on my face, tried to arose in my nose. I was fixed on taking his pain away that I almost forgot that we were in a public place. As he calmed down, I saw to him, only by finding him observing me like a hungry animal who saw his booty for the night to appease his hunger.

What’s with this bright sparkling in his eyes? It seemed to be some kind of affection. I know you love me too but you don’t have to show it like that.

A calm moment went by, he didn’t move til now. His lips curved up, a smile was about to form. I bet he’s thinking about something dirty. With a grin on my face, I pucked on his head, he responsed surprise at my touch but finally woke out his daydream, blinking many times. I giggled.

  „Jeez, focuse on the food.“

  „Oh yeah“, he happily caressed on the spot I touched him just a second ago.

  „I know what I’ll order.“

We went to the cook, ordered the dishes we wanted, he decided for a korean dish with kimchi while I decided for the german pasta bake. While our food was prepared, we took seat on the only table available. I saw aside to a cute little child right next to me who played with her doll. She waved to me, I smiled back at her. When I returned my date my attention, I noticed his gaze on me.    

  „What?“

He remained calm, just looked captivated at me. The first move he made was grabbing on my chin, pulling me closer to him and watching me in the eyes. This sudden touch left me speechless, I became panick, sweated a little bit.

What… What now? Is he about to kiss me?

It didn’t last long before I noticed the crowd’s concentration on us, they were giggling about our intimacy. I gritted my teeth, whispered to him so only he can hear me, „I’ll kill you if you really kiss me in front of this much passengers.“

He didn’t reply to me. Did he even hear me?

  „Hey, you can let me go now. They‘re watching us“, I continued whispering.

Only now did he hear me, he finally moved by blinking many times, a smile conjured on his face.

  „Sorry… I only noticed now how beautiful your eyes are.“ 

  „Beautiful eyes? I told you I’m a man and you shouldn’t give me such corny compliment as if I was a girl“, it was a complain but I can’t resist the wide grin on my face.

While I was looking around to the many guests, he drummed on the table while humming a melody.  

Although I acted like I wasn’t interested in the song he was humming, I carefully listened to it. Who would’ve thought he would have such a good voice that can calm down too?

My date isn’t like I thought he would be. I was unsure if we could be a good match because we’re friend but the many worries that slumbered in me faded away. Until now I’m happy to be here with him, giving him a chance to show me the happiness I was searching for. If everyday would be like that with him, happy and free from sorrows then I would be glad to accept him as my boyfriend.

Before I knew it, I was moving my head to the melody, humming the song too.    

 


 

We finally left the food court after we ate the dishes we ordered, we were wandering around in the long floor of the Siam centre. He spotted an all-you-can-get-store, his eyes shone from excitement.

  „I need to buy something at this store.“

He’s really a funny guy who doesn’t easily get tired. We met at 3 pm, went to the funfair to have some fun. We spent more than three hours there then he suddenly wanted to watch a movie at Siam Center. After the movie ended, we ate at the food court, now it’s quarter past 10 but he still doesn’t have enough for today. I’m already tired. Why was he rushing things as if he doesn’t have time to do all of this kind of stuff with me anymore? As if tomorrow doesn’t exist for him.    

He grasped at my hand and pulled me in the store without waiting for my respond. While he was busy with looking for the thing he needed, I too started to look around in the shop. A black genuine leather bracelet caught my attention.

  „Do you want it?“, a gently voice spoke close to my ear.

I jumped from surprise when I noticed him standing so close beside me. „Not really… Did you find the thing you searched for?“

  „Yeah.“

He went to the cashier to pay for the things he bought. I waited outside for him. We left the Siam Center and silently headed back home. Something was weird. My date’s someone who always has something to say but now he was silent. It was the first time he didn’t speak for almost five minutes.

  „Don’t rush everything like that. We have tomorrow too to go out“, was my attempt to assure him about our relationship. It was my trying to ease the atmosphere.

When I glanced aside to him, I didn’t find him next to him. Suddenly a hand gently grabbed at my wrist, made me to freeze on the spot. It was my date, he pulled me over to him. My body gently bumped against his chest, he hugged me.

  „Can you imagine how much I wanted to hug you like this the whole day?“, his voice echoed in my ears, sounded like a poem writting for me.

I became stiff, didn’t know what to do but I couldn’t overcome the urge to hug him back. My arms finally wrapped around him, now it felt somehow good to be in his arms. He gently drew me back, caressed on my cheek, slowly approached me with his head.

A kiss? He’s really going to do that. I should brave myself to accept his lips on mine, going one step further in our relationship. I closed my eyes, waiting for him to kiss me.  

All the sudden another man’s face appeared in my mind. I immediately opened my eyes only by finding my date changing in to another man. It was the man I have in my mind since this morning, since the day I decided to take one step further in the relationship with another man.

 

 

 

My comment: There's a reason why I can't name the person/young man Pete dated yet because it would take all the excitement/suspense. I want you to guess who the person is but shouldn't it be obvious who Pete would choose? :D Actually there're few suggestions in the chapter that reveal who his date is ^^

Sorry I never reply to any comments down there but I can't since I could reveal something I shouldn't say :P But thanks to everyone who leave comments on every update of my story, all of you encourage me to write any further.