Training

Infinity ~ If I stay

          We left quite early in the morning but I still don't know where we're going . My feet sore from all that walking but everyone else seems fine . Me made it to ... an airport ??? " What are we doing at an airport ? "

          " well , there's no other place to do some training , right ? " we put down our stuff and I followed them into a huge hall - the waiting room .

          They've been here before , I could tell by the bullets and arrows on the walls , the ground and the targets .

          " Ever held a gun ? " Liz passed me one . My hands are shaking and I can imagine myself killing someone with this .

          " No ... " The targets are at least 20 meters long . I felt the trigger with my finger .

          " Newby , try shooting that one " Jake pointed at one of the target I raised the gun slowly , focusing with my right eye . Let's get this over with . *Bang* my hand moved and the bullet must have flew to the right , oh no .

          I just noticed that Nick was standing somewhere around there . My head quickly turned to him . The bullet stopped and it didn't hit him but its not on the ground , its on air , frozen stiff . Nick had his arm out in front of him , he must have stopped it with his power or something .    

          " One more second and I could've been gone " he gave a small smile . I turned to Bree 

         " He has powers to control gravity and stuff like that with his mind , so don't worry , you won't kill him that easily " she laughed .

         " Let's try another , you don't seem to handle guns very well " Liz showed me a new room .It was like a gym but with more serious activity .

        " I'll give you 5 minutes to land at the end without getting cuts or mud all over yourself " she started to time me and I ran to the first one . It was a huge wall on either sides and in front . How am I supposed to get over it it's 3 times the height of me with no place to grab .

          It took me almost 4 minutes to get to the top of it then I jumped down without looking . That was a complete failure at first stage since I fell into mud and I got it all over my shoes . The others seemed disappointed , I have to try harder but why am I even trying to do something without a reason , whats the point of all this ?

          Moving on ... " hmm ... can you shoot an arrow ? " Liz passed me the bow .

          " I have never tried " I held the bow up and pulled the arrow .

          " wait " Toby stopped me " shoot that apple WITH it on top of Jake's head " . Jake took an apple and stood in front of the target .

          THIS IS CRAZY ! What if I accidentally shoot him which I probably would cause I've never had experience with this before . I can't possibly do this ... I let the bow and arrow fell from my hands " I-I can't do it ".

          Toby walked out of the room leaving everybody silent and exchanging glances .

          " That's enough for now , let's rest , we've been walking all day " . They all left too but I realize that little kid was starring at me the whole time . '' What's wrong ? Does your arm still hurt ? " he didn't say anything but he walked up to me and picked up the bow .

          Once again the bow and arrow are in my hands . I don't know what he's trying to do . He lift his hands and covered it on each side of my face then closed his eyes . I feel like he's communicating with me through his thoughts saying " I believe in you , you can do it . You are different , far more different from them because you are special " .

          I didn't know what to say . No words can describe the feeling I have at this moment . He walked to the other side of the room where Jake was standing a while ago . The apple balanced on his head . No ... no ...

          His words just encouraged me to do so but still ... I felt him saying to me again " you can do it ... " . *Inhale* my breathe came out in a sigh . Lift the bow , pull the arrow , set my target and let go ... that was all I thought of .

          Okay , lift the bow ... I lift it , pull the arrow ... handling my fingers from shaking , set my target ... the apple , the apple and ... let go ...

          *Woosh* the arrow went off but my eyes were closed . *Thud* something hit the floor , the apple . I can't believe it ... I actually did it . The boy walked out of the room like his job is finished here .

          I guess I couldn't have done it without him . My eyes went to see someone starring at me through the window , Toby . He was there watching me when everyone went out . When I looked at him , he just walked away again .

         Some questions needs to be answered now and I know just the person that can help me with that . I found Liz in the hall way . I walked up to her ...

         " Hey , Can I ask you something ? " She turned to me .

        " go ahead " she said it with a chewing gum in .

        " What's going on ? I mean why are we doing this ? What for ? " she almost choked the gum when I said that .

          " All you have to know is , someone is looking for us , collecting us and all the people who got caught , well , they never returned ... and we're trying to stop that "

          " so... there's more of us out there ? Hiding ? But what do they want us for ? "

          " there are more , I hope . We're not really sure what they're doing but all we know is that we have to protect ourselves , find help and stop this "

         " but ... " I got more questions but just didn't know how to ask .

         " look , I know it's too much to take in right now but all you have to do now is train , learn how to control your power and stick with us " I nod then walked away .

        When she said control your power , the picture of my hand burning lit up again . I didn't know how it happened in the first place but it never showed again .

         ********************

          The next day , I needed to work on my gun skill alone while the others do they're job or whatever . *Bang* The gun fell off my hand , it's not going too well . The bullets always hit every places other than the target . 

         The door opened , Toby came in with a towel around his neck . He didn't look at me or say a word , so I just continued praticing . I lift the gun and fired again *Bang* , it hit the window and glasses shattered everywhere . Oops ...

          '' You know you're supposed to fire at the target , right ? '' he said . 

         '' It's harder than it looks '' I reloaded .

          No reply but he just came behind me and grabbed my hand with the gun . He lift my hand '' Don't just focus on the target , focus on your gun and clear your mind '' . I concentrated on the gun , exhaled , check my target ... 

         '' steady your hand , hold the trigger ... when you think your ready , just let go '' he said it to my ear .

         *Bang* it landed in the centre . '' th-thanks '' he took his hand off mine's .

         '' Don't mention it '' the door closed behind him . 

          I carried on and kept getting better and better . My ears started to hurt because of the loud noises . 

          In the evening , we had lunch in the cafeterria . All I saw were canned food , since there's nothing left here . Peas , tomato and some dried grapes . Is this what they eat everyday ? Maybe this is only what they could find , last time we had food inside packages .

          '' Hey newby , your getting pretty good in all of a sudden '' jake said with food gobbled in his mouth .

          '' Yea , not like you , she's a fast learner '' Bree .

          '' Anyway , about yesterday . They came searching further than we would've expected , could they find us this time ? '' Nick changed the subject .

          '' They could since she would know that they're not returning means something's wrong and she'll send more to look somewhere arond here '' Liz puts down her spoon .

         '' She gets news really quick , so more might come soon . We can't let them find out about this place , I'll take first shift tonight '' Toby volunteered . 

         After lunch , we went praticing with each other . This time it's like wrestling , last person standing wins .

          First up , Bree and Jake . Bree kept defending and Jake just strikes at her , finally Bree fell to the ground with one blue eye . 

          This time , its me versus Liz . My legs are shaking , keep it together ... I rolled my fist and put it in front of me . Liz did the same and it started ... 

          She punched me but I dodged . I tried punching her back but she also dodged . I ran to her and pushed her by the stomach . She went backwards but hit my back with her elbow three to four times and I fell on my back . She finished off with a hit on my face . 

          My eyes out . *FlashBack* 

          I hear laughter . '' Haha ... my life is nothing without you '' a guy said . 

          '' Oh really ? I thought you said your life is nothing without your phone in 10th grade '' a girl's voice , it sounded familiar .

         '' No , your the only thing I want in this world ... I love you , Ashley '' 

          Ashley ? Is that my name ? Was that justa dream or a memory ? I can't tell . I woke up and felt the pain on my face . 

         '' Ugh ... what happened ? '' I realize I had a bandage on my nose .

         '' You were in your bed since yesterday '' Bree , Liz and Nick were at the end of the bed . 

        '' You might have hit her too hard Liz , next time go easy on the newby '' Jake said . 

        '' It- It's Ashley '' I remembered 

        '' What ?''

         '' My name ... it's Ashley ''