Once upon a time ...

Infinity ~ If I stay

          Ugh ... my head . I feel slightly dizzy then I caught sight out of the blurriness . A feeling of concern mixed with confusion rushed through my brain '' what is this place ? ''

          The air was freezing cold and I felt something cold against my cheek . I lift my face off the ground '' snow ??? '' The trees were covered with soft white flakes , the ground beneath me was snow and no sign of life .

          I was still sitting down , my body was shaking . It's getting really cold . Wait , what's that ? Is that a person ? '' H-elp ... '' words did came out but in a whispering way . No energy left in me , I can't shout .

          He seemed to notice me as he was heading towards this direction . I can't see his face under that cape . Closer , closer , he bent down and let out a hand but I refused the offer and got up on my own .

          He turned his back and said '' follow me '' . There's nothing else out here , so its either following a stranger than freezing out in the middle of nowhere .

          I see smoke , there must be more people . We arrived at a town - no a city . This place is empty . I stood infront of a shop , why does it seems so familiar as if I've been here before . A girl approached us '' A newby  , take her inside " . She was wearing a scarf covering her nose and mouth '' hurry ! '' .

         It felt cozy the second I put my foot into a small coffee shop where three people were chatting but turned to stare at me . '' umm ... '' I started but didn't know what to say 

        '' Don't worry , you're safe ... for now ''

        '' Jake ! don't scare the newby , look at her she's trembling ''

        '' Here '' One of them passed me a cup of coffee . I haven't had one since ... when did i had my last coffee ? I can't remember .

         '' th-thanks ''

         '' Enough with the welcoming , we got work to do '' he took off his hood 

         '' Nevermind him , he's just ... what's the word ...? '' 

         '' Broke '' the guy who passed me the coffee said just one word to make me shiver 

         '' Anyway , I'm Lizzy , they call me Liz '' she's the girl who took me in

         '' I'm Bree and this is Jake and Nick '' she was the girl who defended me earlier '' And ... ''

         '' Call me Tobe '' I have a feeling we won't be talking much with his mean attitude .

         '' I'm ... '' who am I ? Do I even have a name ?

         '' This is normal , you'll remember it in a day or two , we'll just call you newby for now '' Bree said while pouring coffee .

         '' Seems like there's gonna be an another attack , we'll have to rest here for the night '' Liz stared outside the window 

         '' What's not to like here , we have all the coffe we can drink '' Jake took a sip .

         My head's flowing with too many questions but all I want to know is what is this place ? I don't remember having war , actually I don't remember anything . I sat down a few tables from them , I guess I won't be finding out too soon .

          We found some beds in the staff room . I took the last bed in the corner . My eyes were open the whole night , i can't sleep , so I'll take a walk around . 

          I creeped pass all of them , they're sleeping peacfully except for Nick . He's been turning back and forth since he fell asleep . I did notice Bree wasn't in her bed , maybe I'll look for her . My hand set on the door knob and I turned it . 

          I closed the door softly , so I won't wake them . My body turned around and I almost screamed as Bree was standing behind me , she almost jumped as she saw me . One thing I saw was , she was glowing . 

           My eyes closed and opened again to see clearly . She is glowing ! '' Wh-What happened to you ? '' 

          '' What ? oh you mean this . Its just what my power is and I believe you also have one too ''

          '' Wait , what do you mean ? I don't have any ... '' she took my arm

          '' Then , how do you explaine this ? '' My mind just blowned away , MY HAND IS ON FIRE !!!

          '' AH... '' She covered my mouth 

          '' Shh... they might hear you , we'll be in so much trouble if Liz ... ''

          '' If I what ? '' Liz crossed her arms behind me 

          '' I'll go back to sleep now , night '' Bree ran to bed

          '' Listen to me newby , you're also different like us , so you can't show ur powers to others besides us . We can't afford to lose more people ... '' Her voiced trailed off as she walked back to bed .

          *Sigh* I think I didn't even blink last night . My mind got back into reality and I look around , everyone's out of bed already . I stared at my hand again and again , not burning any more . 

          '' Here '' Liz threw some clothes on to my bed '' it'll keep you warm '' . An old blue sweater and a pair of white jeans . I found a knit hat and some gloves inside a drawer . 

          '' Where are we going ? '' I asked as all of them were at the door , all suit up like we're evacuating or something .

          '' A place we can find help '' Tobe said while tieing his shoe lace . 

          We covered some grounds through the woods . Suddenly , we heard movement in front of us , so we laid low . 

          '' More of them than us , I'm surprised they even searched for us this far '' Liz lift a finger to touch the right side of her forehead . She seems to be concentrating really hard '' 6 men armed with guns , 25.67 metres away , has a hostage ... '' 

          '' With them that far , we can easily avoid them '' Jake said

          '' No , we have to help the hostage they got . Maybe that person might also be one like us '' Bree took out a gun from her back .

          '' Newby , you stay behind us '' others agreed with Nick to let me stay back but ... I can't just stand there and watch like that .

          '' Incoming ! get down '' Liz warned the others . All I saw were guns in all of there hands , even the thought of it makes me shiver .

          They took down 3 guys and the other 3 were firing everywhere because we're too fast . They sure did some expert trainings to be this good . Nick knocked a guy to the ground , Bree helped the hostage , Liz held a gun onto one of their heads . 

          At that very moment one of the man down lift up a gun and got on his feet . He was pointing at Toby . They all heard the sound of reload and turned to look . Think fast ! no one can stop him from firing now except me . 

          I kicked the gun out of his hand but a shot did go off *Bang* , I quickly punched him in the face . He fell backwards and this time his faced looked even more damaged . I never thought I was this strong .

          '' Woaw , go newby ! '' Jake cheered . 

          '' I'm impressed '' Tobe said with the same look on his face , emotionless . 

          Liz pushed the guy on his knee with the gun on his head '' Start talking ! you're here to look for us aren't you ? She sent you here to capture us ? ''

          '' ... '' not a word . I noticed that all the 6 guys had the same attitude , like a robot being controlled to move . 

          '' Gimme an answer or I'll blast your head off '' Still not a sound .

          *Bang* a gunshot *Thud* a dead man ... Well , there's no point in keeping him alive anyway .We turned to the hostage , it was a boy - a litte boy , maybe 11 or 12 yrs old . Bree had already untied him but he just sat there like he's hurt , terrified , lost ... I know what that feels like .

          I craoched down in front of him and asked '' Are you okay ? '' . He looked up then stared back down . He had his left hand over his right arm near the shoulder . I took his left hand off slowly and this is what freaks me out the most - Blood . 

          He must have got shot instead of Toby when I kicked away the gun . We carried on foreward but this time with a small boy . I can see that we're heading towards a small wooden house . TRADES It says on a sign .

          We entered , a bell rang when Liz pushed open the door . '' Mr.Dray , you here ? '' Bree shouted . Maybe that's the name of the trade shop owner .

          '' WHAT DO YOU WANT ???!!!! '' A voice yelled back . 

          '' A trade ofcourse ! '' Jake replied .

          A man with white hair but doesn't look that wrinkly jumped out of nowhere . He had an old red tux on and riped pants . He looks pretty messy and dirty like he haven't taken a shower since last month .

          '' We want a healing potion and in return , what do you have in mind ? ''

         '' The best gun you have ''

        '' Give him an M9 '' Bree handed over a gun amd he seemed to like it a lot

      '' Ehem ! the potion ? '' Nick started to get unsteady 

         Mr.Dray passed a bottle with purple liquid inside . We let the boy drink it and his arm is gettig better .

          Time flew by quickly and we found ourselves in an abandon apartment . At that night , Bree was sitting at the edge of the bed reading a book . I used to love books , I think because I also wanna read one .

          '' What are you readin ?'' I sat beside her

         '' I'm not sure, everyone had one ... and that reminded me , Tobe asked me to give this to you '' She handed out a book with the same cover as hers 

          '' so like when you arrive here you get a book ? '' 

         '' I don't know , we usually find it on the ground with newbies like you ''

      Hmm ... Infinty ...