Almost

Infinity ~ If I stay

          My nose seemed to be bleeding again . I stood in front of the mirror inside the bathroom . The others ? I don't know , I just wanted to be alone . 

          This face , is it mine ? A girl with grey eyes , dark brown curled hair and pale

skin . She looked sad , like she've lost something , something important to be exact . Those grey eyes , I can see happiness in them but her whole face betrayed them . 

          There's a small black scar on her , near her shoulder on the right arm . For second there I thought it was a tattoo . 

          Ugh ... The pain was still flowing through my face , I'll go find out what the others are doing . Maybe they're in the training room .

          No one was there , just the guns I used and the broken glasses on the floor . Something caught my eye , I could see them outside .

          I walked up to Nick '' What's going on ? '' 

          '' We decided to take turns running the area , just in case ... '' Nick checked his watched

          '' And whose going right now ''

          '' Me and Nick '' Liz put her backpack on 

          '' I guess we'll be back in an hour '' They vanished into the woods .

          Bree was getting ready for something , maybe she was next '' Ashley , pass me that bottle , would ya '' I handed a water bottle 

          '' Who are you going with ? '' 

          '' Toby since Jake is afraid '' She grinned 

          '' I'm not scared , I'm j-just lazy '' Jake said quickly

          '' You'll be missing all the fun then '' 

          I don't know but I feel hyped , the feeling of wanting to go too '' I wanna come '' 

          '' Who told you that you can go with us ? '' Toby said without looking at me 

          '' I just feel like it '' 

          '' Oohh ... burn ... '' Toby stared at Jake evily like he was about to jump at him .

           '' That's the spirit ! You can go with Toby , I'll stay behind with Jake to watch him '' Bree laughed .

          '' I don't need a baby sitter '' Jake hit Bree on the arm with his elbow .

          I turned to Toby but he was already walking away . Why am I stuck going with him ? 

          ********************

          Nick and Liz came back but something went wrong . '' Help her , she's been shot '' Nick carried Liz on his shoulder . 

          '' What happened ??? '' I ran to help 

         '' They were everywhere , we tried to escape but they shot her on the leg '' Liz growned when Nick transfer her to Bree .

          '' How many of them ? '' Toby was behind me 

          '' I'm not sure , with Liz being shot , she couldn't focus '' Nick turned to the trees '' They could find us soon '' 

          '' Get ready Ash , we're next '' Toby threw me a Liz's bag 

          Then , we started ... There were tree all around us , we could get lost any minute . I just stayed beside Toby but he was leading . We covered some grounds but no sign of them , maybe they left already .

          '' Stop ! '' Toby lift his hand '' Shh ... '' He pointed behind a tree . I turned my head slowly to see . There's more men than before maybe twenty or so . They're not too far from the airport .

          '' So , what's the plan ? '' Toby asked .

          '' what do you mean what's the plan , you're the one leading here '' 

          '' Just wanted to know if you had something in mind '' 

          I thought for a second , they will find us by sun down if they kept going forward and we have the advantage of surprise since they didn't know that we're here . They knew they had to go forward , so how about turning their direction a bit ? 

          I didn't say anything to him . I peeked again then got up , I'm surprised he wasn't stopping me and got up too . They saw us and took out they're guns . We quickly ran the other direction , away from the airport making them follow us . 

          Running , one foot then another , with all my might . I hear firings but didn't look back . Toby sooned caught up to me . We both knew what was the plan , so we split up . I went to the left and him to the right . I still hear them behind me . 

          I stopped and stood against a tree . I heard a guy telling the others to search somewhere around here . Wait ! there's a guy heading this way . Keep it together ... the second he walked passed the tree I was standing at , I elbowed him to the face and knocked his feet to the ground , took his gun and pointed at him . 

          Remember what you've train , if I don't kill him , he'll kill me . *Bang* the gunshot rang inside my ears . He stopped moving but not dead . This is not a normal gun , it's not the kind of bullet guns had . It just made him collapsed or asleep  .

           They lost track of me but there's only one problem I'm facing right now , I'm lost . We shouldn't had split up , that was a really bad plan . I sat down and remembered about the backpack . I opened it and found a bottle , a gun , two sticks of chewing gum , a phone ( dead ) , a radio and a paper . 

          The paper was marked but I can't understand . I see an airplane which would be the airport and others are simbols , all the same but in different places . 

          I looked up to the sky , the sun will set in a few more hours , I must get back before then . The simbols looked familiar , no felt familiar . The drawing of it made me feel like I've touched it not so long ago .

          I traced back my footsteps - wayback , well to place I remembered . This is where I hot that guy but he's not here anymore , they've must have taken him .

          Looked around , for the symbol but nothing . I felt the symbol , I didn't see it . THE TREE ! I walked around it and the symbol was there , my hand must had touched it . 

          I checked the paper and followed the trail . Found more symbols and ... Toby ? He was lieing on the ground with his back on a tree . I checked his neck , he got shot but they didn't take him . He got away I guess . 

         What should I do ? I can't carry him back since I could barely walk . I ped his bag looking for something ... I don't even know what to look for . A bandage ? could this help ? I didn't think so .

          His eyes were still closed , I wonder how long he'll be like this . I took out the bullets inside the guns and observed it . There's a drop of serum inside , it must have injected it into him with the needle top . 

          I pulled the bullet off his neck slowly , it didn't went into his skin just the needle , so it was easy to pull it out . A huge wind passed by making my hair flipped to the direction it was going but it seemed to blew around in a circle .

          What's going on ? The wind disappeared the moment he woked up . He groaned and felt his neck  then caught sight of me . He looked at me from top to bottom .

          '' What ? '' I asked 

          '' You're not shot ? '' He got up still with his hand on his neck .

          '' No '' I followed him . He looked like he knows the way back . We made it back ! The others came running towards us . 

          '' Woaw , what happened ? You guys were out there for 4 hours '' Jake asked 

          '' Don't worry , those guys won't be finding us now '' I said looking at Tobe , I could see a tiny smile on his face but it soon disappeared .

          '' Did you get shot ? '' Bree looked at me 

           '' No but ... ''

           Toby cut my words '' We didn't '' . Why is he lying ? I turned to look for the shot on his neck but couldn't see it , did it heal that fast ?

           We went back to see Liz . She was fine after we came back , the only side effect of the serum was a headache . 

          I went to take my book from the locker and found Toby there . He was taking new clothes and he saw me . 

          '' How's your neck ? '' I opened my locker .

          '' No pain and no scar '' He locked the locker 

          '' Why did you tell them you didn't get shot ? '' 

          '' I didn't , the bullet flew and hit me even though it was on the ground ''

          '' What do you mean ? '' he stopped for a second

          '' The bullet seemed to be attracted to me like it was meant to hit someone , it just flew from the ground and injected me with the serum '' He walked away , leaving me behind .

          It doesn't make sense how can a bullet be like this . He said it just hit him by itself but not because somebody shot him with it . I don't get it .

          The book in my hand , walking back to bed . I opened the first page ... The book almost dropped from my hands . I feel a slight shiver going up my spines . It all happened like what was written in it .

          First of  , I was found then my hand caught on fire . The next day , we found a kid and went to the trader's shop . Then we came to this place and trained . I got lost , found Toby on the ground but got back safely . How is this being written before everything happened ?

          I opened a new chapter . It said '' Ashley and the team set out to find help but on the way a few things happened , things they wouln't expect ... '' The rest was blurry , I can't make out the words . 

          Is this ... going to happen ? If it's true , what's the thing we wouldn't expect ? I already knew that whatever it is , it's not gonna be good .