The kid

Infinity ~ If I stay

          The sun ray blocked my sight . Today , we had to leave this place but I still don't know why . 

          Liz's leg doesn't look any better than yesterday ... thinking about yesterday made me remembered the last sentence of the book . Better keep stay on guard .

          We headed north , well that's what they said . I can't tell the direction by looking at the sky but they could , hmm ...

          Not a word from anyone of us , all that's to hear were birds chirping and the sound of whistle the wind makes . I don't know if it's just me or is the stronger the wind is , the more I feel powerful .

          The snow wasn't melting even if the sun was shining so brightly and I could feel the heat but yet so does the cold . 

          I searched Toby's neck again but no sign of a scar , not even a scratch . He said the bullet was attracted and it just flew to hit him . 

         *Rustle* something was going through the bushes , we formed a circle and had our eyes on every direction . It's coming ... could this be it ?

          A girl with hair so red , I thought it was blood . She had a black coat on top and she grinned at us .

          '' Long time no see , going somewhere ? ''

          '' Rost , you know better not to fight us with just yourself '' Liz seemed to know her and so does everyone else 

          '' Fight ? oh no , I just came to collect something from you . I see you got a newbie '' she smiled evily at me

          '' What do you want ?!! '' Bree yelled

          '' Something ... mine '' she vanished with red dust behind 

          I have a feeling that was not just it and I was right . She appeared behind the boy and grabbed him then vanished again this time with the kid . No ... 

          '' Damn it ! I'm so cutting her head of the next time I see her !!! '' Nick shouted . 

          '' Where do you think she's taking him ? '' I asked .

          They exchanged looks then Jake said '' She works for the witch , the one who started all this '' I knew what he meant , the girl who they were talking about , the one who ordered to capture us . 

          '' So , she's taking him to her ? '' 

          '' Exactly , which is her castle '' they carried on forward 

                '' Wait , where are you going ? we have to save him '' I shouted 

          '' We'll all be like that kid if we just barged into her place like that '' Toby said while walking 

         '' But we can't just ... '' 

         '' Don't worry , this is why we're looking for others , others to help us save people that has been taken '' Liz turned at me  

          I know we have no chance of saving him but we don't know if he'll be able to be save by the time we fight back . Who knows what they're doing to all those people ?

          A building stood ahead , we checked the place out . Nobody just trashes and broken furnatures . I felt hopeless if we're gonna find help .

          Just an abandoned city , nothing left . Evening came the sun was about to set any minute but at that moment I see someone in the woods running . I can't make out who so I just took out a gun . 

          The kid !!! he ran to me and passed me a note '' Follow me , hurry ! '' Somthing about him seemed strange but I just followed him . From walking to sprinting , he lead me back to the woods .

          Wait , what is going on ? I stopped and he looked back . '' What happened ? '' No words , ofcourse why would I expect him to say anything ? he didn't talk since we found him .

          He talked into my head '' Quickly run away , now ! They're here '' huh ? he told me to follow , now he told me to run away and whose coming ? 

          What was that ?!! I hear people coming , a lot of them ! I turned to run but the kid blocked me and said to my head again '' I'm sorry , they made me do this ''            I pulled his hand an ran to find others but the kid pulled back and it was strong . I look back , it wasn't him who pulled me , it was Toby .

          '' What are you doing ? How did he get back ? '' 

          '' ... '' I opened my mouth to say but the guys armed with guns caught our attention .

          He let go of my hand and turned to them , I did the same . The boy walked to them . They must have had him under control ...

          '' Surrender yourselves '' A guy in the center shouted . I shot him last time and he looked evily at me .

         Toby was reaching for his gun behind his back and there's too many of them , he won't get to take them down with only one gun . If he fires , they'll all fire at him back .

          Think , think ... wait , Toby passed the gun to me . I took a step closer to his back and grabbed it , hid it at the back of my shirt .

          They tied our hands with ... ropes ? But it's like an electronic rope , laser blue and has a tiny metal on it , the key hole I think . 

          The guy in the center signaled half of the team to go search around , they'll find Liz and the others soon . I looked at Toby , in his hand , a needle but a little bit bigger that the needle to sow , more like a boby pin . 

          It poked into the key hole and he tried to pick it . I turned to the front , no one was paying attention to us . This was my chance , Toby threw the pin to the ground , next to me . I can't reach it , I was sitting way too far .

          One of the guys was about to look back , ugh ... just .. a little bit ... further . Oh no , he's coming . My feet swooped out to catch it , it's under my shoes now .

          He stared at me and Toby but we didn't react anything to him so he went to his position earlier . I picked the lock but didn't take it off yet or else they'll know . I'll wait for now .

          Nick came striking to the ground and slamed on his chest . They caught him and threw him next to me . His hands were locked too but he struggled to sit like us .

          5 men were standing in front but 2 of them ran to the direction where half of the team went . I looked at Toby and he looked back , I know what he's thinking . 

          Both of them walked up to us . They were close to us now . Toby reflexes grabbed one of them by the neck with his legs . He twisted and the guy fell to the ground . The other one took out a gun , I kicked his leg but the bullet still went flying and fell to the ground . 

          Toby untied Nick and they both went running to find the others . I picked the bullet up and ran after. 

          Liz was caught in the hands of the guy that I shot . He had a gun pointed at her head and his hand over . Bree and Jake got their guns ready to shoot but they might hit Liz .

          '' Nobody moves or she dies '' 

          Liz seemed to be trying to tell Bree something by moving her eyes from Bree to the sun . Bree nodded , then lift her left arm . First at the sun then targeted at that guy , a flash of ray strikes at him .

          I felt hot and sweat fell down my face . He blocked his eye with his other hand by letting go of Liz . She kicked the gun out of his hand and punch him in the stomach . He tried to grab her neck again but she dodged .

          Jake ran and pulled him to the ground , he fell on his back . He struggled to set free under Jake's foot but he wasn't strong enough .

          '' Let me do the honor '' Jake smiled evily at him

          '' No , he can be useful to us '' Nick stopped Jake from firing 

          '' Tie him up and keep a close eye on him '' Toby walked away

          I found some supplies and a few packages of chips . Something still bugs me out , they have powers and why do they rarely use em . They could even take out a person quicker than a gun would . 

          Found some amo in one of the drawers . This house looked like it's been recked or something . All the windows shattered to pieces , broken chairs even the cupboards . 

         We ended up staying at a restaurant since the beds weren't broken . This time , there were bump beds  . I slept below Bree and the others ... I don't know . I don't really care about what's around me anymore . 

          The day is over , I just realize the kid wasn't here . He must have went with the few guys who ran away . I know he doesn't want this , it's not his fault to drag us into danger , not like he wanted to .

          I remembered about the book and took it out . The latest page , it's not blurry anymore . Every single word happened and I guess the unexpected thing was the kid and them finding us . 

          Reading it to the last sentence , it was about tomorrow . '' She and the group found more helpless souls on their ways but sadly they won't last very long '' .

           Is the story talking about people , as in people like us ? What does it mean they won't last very long ? Finding more , it's supposed to make me feel safe but it didn't , in other words , concern ...