Fog

Henber Shorts Shelf

 It was a chilly autumn morning in LA.
Amber was making the most of her stay by walking early in the morning. Her brown trenchcoat was sprinkled with tiny marks of dew and her breath creates faint fogs as she breathes out.


They were having Smtown in the city and she thought of relaxing before the concert tomorrow night.

"Yo! Wait up!" Henry's voice broke as if a teenage boy in his puberty stage.
"You're up early too?" Amber smiles as she looks over her shoulder.

She loves him.
And he loves her.
But no one knew.
Not even the both of them.

"What's wrong with it? I was gonna have some hot drinks when I saw you pass by. What are you up to?" He smiles as he walks towards her eventually ruffling her hair.

"I just... kinda feel at home." Amber mindlessly hugs him and she was going to pull away when she realized she was doing so, but he hugged her back and her stomach flutters. His heartbeat speeds up.
It was an awkward hug and the seconds seemed like forever but both of them liked this kind of awkward. Especially that it's just the both of them.

Should I pull away first?

Dang, why did you do that? Stupid llama!

Henry wasn't sure of what to do and Amber was taken by surprise as Henry's warm hand envelops hers and he starts walking, tagging her along with him.
"Where are we going?" She queries, trying to hide the tension in her voice.
What was that just now?
She couldn't let him know how much he has affected her.

He looks over his shoulder to find a blushing Amber sinking Into her coat.

"You okay?" Henry gives her a reassuring smile and all Amber could think of was
SHOOTSHOOTSHOOTSHOOT!

Was I being to rash? Come to think of it it's our first time holding hands from a very tense moment.


"I'm hungry let's eat." Was all the excuse he could make. He needed to break the Barrier of Awkward in some way.

The cold LA morning was slowly melting away in to a calm and warm morning for this pair of friends as the thumping in their hearts became quiet flutters that tickle and they both smile without each other knowing.
Their breaths fog and their fingers intertwined.


talk about short lol. okay i'm not scamming you guys. just gonna put this out here. i think it's gonna ba an outline for me because I might write a longer story with this scene included. so this is like a trailer i guess? lol alright. bye for now.