150911

Henber Shorts Shelf

Her head throbbed. but she figured right now was not the time to complain about it. not now that the sun was gracing her puffy eyes with its gentle rays of warm light through the tint of the car window.

 

she takes a look at the door lock and realized it was unlocked. locked it and went back to gaze at the view on her side of the window.

 

he has reminded her many times about not forgetting to lock the door. he always yammers about it.

and so she smiles to herself thinking how it was miracle he didn't reprimand her. or he had not noticed. or he's also too sleepy to notice and scold her.

 

it was still 5am and they decided to go for a ride.

 

"why are we doing this again?" amber finally asks henry who was holding the wheel but not holding his eyes up right.

 

"if you're leaving later for your shoot, might as well spend some time with me since you'll be pretty busy after that and all..." his voice, still sleepy. his hair still ruffled.

so was hers. since he practically just pulled her off the bed and she whined about it then he started singing 'off my mind' and she had to groggily dance to it and dance her way she did to the car where the 'music' led her.

 

"i'd still find time for you, you know that" she rests her palm on his lap and gives him a reassuring smile.

 

"yeah, through texts and social media. but this is like the last physical bonding we'll have before a long time after your promotions."

 

"and you're supposed to be writing and getting busy for your comeback as well"

 

"i ditched it for a while for this" he gestures to the wheel 

 

"the car?"

 

"wha-- no! spending time with you, silly." he reaches over to pinch her cheek

 

"woah both hands on the wheel!" she brushes off his hand

"you're not taking me to the airport later?"

 

"can't. people." and with that she's reminded that they weren't 'official' to the public's eyes yet. she leans back pursing her lips and he pulls over.

"i'll miss you... just like everyday."

 

one final kiss before she gets off in front her apartment.

 

he rolls down his window and winks at her

 

"oh yeah. rockin' that hair"