Babies

One shots

A/N : Written is a rush and inspired from pictures of Letters From Angels Project, a campaign to encourage domestic adoption of orphans in Korea. 

 

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvbcimhLmW1qcw4s2o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1322476228&Signature=v84%2BrObIt8Q9nupb2euiHsulmDw%3D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv9urrHRRE1qc4drwo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1322499089&Signature=RET3RKovhg6kPvJ%2FipGLCA1w%2FsQ%3D

 

 

Yoseob held the tiny bundle of joy in his arms, wrapping them securely around the fragile soul while he bent down a little, gazing lovingly at the warm weight in his embrace. It was awkward, it was strange, this was most probably the first time he held a baby so close to him, and Yoseob hoped that he positioned his limbs correctly, hoped that he supported the vital parts of the baby properly.
 

Yoseob just hoped that the baby felt safe and comfortable in his arms.
 

When they heard that they would feature in Letters From Angels Project, the boys were absolutely excited, amazingly happy to be a part of such beautiful and successful campaign. Yoseob was totally thrilled (when was Yoseob not?) because just like most people, he too loved babies. Cute little people that Yoseob imagined would be adorable, would make Yoseob happy, would make Yoseob melt, would make Yoseob fall in love.
 

He did not imagine the little baby in his arms would make him feel this way right now.
 

He was heartbroken, he felt like he just swallowed an enormous rock, like someone had just punched the gut out of him, like he would cry any second now resembling the wailing baby in his arms.
 

Yoseob tightened his embrace on the baby as he nestled the baby closer to his chest, offering warmth and love and hope and tenderness, he rocked back and forth softly, shushing her with gentle words and soothing down her neck and back. She was so young, so young and adorable, so young and adorable and endearing.
 

She was so young and adorable and endearing and orphaned.
 

Yoseob’s heart clenched as reality struck him hard. He grew up in a loving family, they were not flooded with wealth, but at least Yoseob was showered with a massive amount of love and support from his family. When he took the path of an entertainer, he had prepared himself for a lonely and solitary life, but he found Yoon Doojoon. He found Yoon Doojoon and the older boy was all he ever needed in his life. And Yoon Doojoon gave everything he had for Yoseob.
 

And so, just like that, Yoseob had never felt lonely in this world. He always had his family, his friends, and Yoon Doojoon. Yet the delicate soul in his arms had nothing, she was alone with no one to fall to. Yoseob furrowed his eyebrows, he frowned as the pain in his chest took on a new height.
 

“Yoseobah.”
 

Yoseob did not even notice Doojoon’s presence, he was engulfed inside the world of the baby in his embrace; he did not even realize the baby had stopped crying. When Yoseob looked down, he was met with the most beautiful sight he had even seen, she was now comfortably snuggling against his chest, her eyes were closed, her breathing was steady, her small lips parted just slightly, while her cheeks flushed after all the rigorous crying.
 

“Yoseobah.”
 

Yoseob snapped his head up and saw Doojoon, all teeth, grinning at him, the corners of his eyes crinkled just a little while his eyes sparkled with delight, “Yoseobah, you okay?”
 

Yoseob smiled a little, looking down for a second before looking back at Doojoon. He nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine.” And he continued rocking the sleeping baby back and forth.
 

Doojoon smiled subsided as he turned slightly serious, “So,” he cleared his throat softly and asked tentatively, “So – do you want babies, Yoseobah?”
 

Yoseob raised his head so sudden that Doojoon swore he heard a crack from the younger boy’s neck. That will be a to sort out later, Doojoon thought. “What, Doojoonah?” Yoseob slid his head closer to Doojoon in order to hear properly, all of the crying kind of deafened Yoseob just a tad, and he decided that his ears were playing tricks on him.
 

Doojoon knelt down so that he was eye level with Yoseob who sat on the sofa, with a baby safely tucked in his arms. He smiled softly, “Do you want babies?” One of Yoseob’s eyebrows shot up as he leaned backwards just a little, putting more space between him and Doojoon, observing the older boy just in case Doojoon had a hidden camera prank on him.
 

The older boy saw the confusion, saw the hesitation, saw the shock on Yoseob’s face, “I mean – not now – I mean – Yoseobah – it’s just that –“ Doojoon inhaled deeply and breathed out loudly, trying not to  stutter and somehow composed himself, “It’s just that you are so attached to her,” Doojoon looked down at the sleeping baby girl, “And I just thought that, you know, after everything, if you wanna have babies. Adopt or something,” Doojoon’s voice trailed off as he shrugged, “I don’t know, I just feel like asking, you know.”  
 

Yoseob saw a flash of guilt on Doojoon’s face, a flash of sadness, a flash of ignored responsibility before Doojoon dropped his head down, and Yoseob hated himself. He hated himself for making Doojoon feel this way, for making Doojoon have those expressions on his face, so he smiled. He smiled and called Doojoon’s name softly.
 

“Doojoonah,” Yoseob called and Doojoon looked up. Doojoon looked up and was greeted with a smile, a sincere smile, a smile that brightened up Doojoon’s day no matter how ed up his day was, a smile that was only intended for Yoon Doojoon.
 

“Doojoonah, I really want to touch you face right now, but I can’t,” Yoseob slightly motioned his occupied hands and Doojoon laughed softly. They were silent for a while before Yoseob nodded softly and said a soft “yeah” while gazing at the sleeping baby.
 

“You’ll be a great parent,” Doojoon said and he continued, “We would be awesome parents, Yoseobah.” Yoseob looked up and smiled. He nodded and the smile bloomed into a full toothy grin. Doojoon placed both of his hands on Yoseob’s knees and smiled back, “We should wait, wait until we have settled down, until everything is in place, and we will live our lives.”
 

Doojoon stared into Yoseob’s eyes as he continued, “We will have a family, two or three kids maybe more, that’s totally up to you,” he shrugged, “and we can go catch some fish in the river or pick strawberries in the field, or play on the beach, or anything that you want to do.” Yosoeb giggled at Doojoon’s words, “I can promise you that. Will you wait, Yoseobah?”
 

Yoseob nodded and beamed at Doojoon, still holding the baby close to his chest, “Yeah.”
 

Doojoon grinned and stood up, he looked around and bent down, placing a quick kiss on Yoseob’s crown and ran off because one of the Coordi Noonas was already screaming for him to have his shoot next. He turned back and walked backwards, “Yang Yoseob, you have promised me! Don’t break it!”
 

Yoseob smiled and nodded. He hugged the baby tighter as she stirred awake from her slumber and yawned.