fake

the 7 times hyukbin.

title: fake
pairing: hyukbin 
words: 800++
rating: pg 13? idk.
genre: nonau, romcom?
description: hakyeon doesn’t believe in manhyuk and wants hongbin to do something about it. 
notes: x drabble number two out of seven

***

‘manhyuk is fake’
'hyulk is unreal’
'han sanghyuk is forever the cute maknae!!’
'hyukkie what happened to you?’

hakyeon was furiously typing his comment on the latest video on the realvixx channel. beside him was hongbin, who was sipping on his afternoon tea (wow so fancy) while watching tv. but, groaning hakyeon caught his attention. he eyed his hyung curiously as he placed his cup of tea back on the coffee table.

“what did leo buy with your card this time, hyung? another set of large puppy wall stickers?” hongbin asked the leader with a tinge of amusement in his question. the leader’s gaze was still fixed on his phone screen. he gave up and handed the phone to hongbin, sighing dramatically.

hongbin furrowed his eyebrows but took the phone nevertheless. he clicked on the play button and watched the video intently. it was sanghyuk and jaehwan in the gym.

'oh it is the latest episode of starcast’ hongbin thought. he then wondered to himself how the hell did the maknae become so well built, it scared him a bit. this is not the sanghyuk he met 3 years ago. not the awkward, small and fragile sanghyuk. now he is a manly man. his maknae.

the video ended and hongbin didn’t realized it was over until hakyeon shook his shoulders. he snapped out of his daydream and turned to hakyeon.

“so, what are you trying to imply again?” he asked the leader. the leader gave him the face and sliced the visual’s neck.

“bean, look at the maknae! tell me THAT thing is fake. tell me THAT thing is not my baby! i want my sanghyukkie back!” cue wailing leader. hakyeon was clinging on hongbin and the latter just shook him off, dusting himself as he did. he sighed and shook his head in annoyance.

“what can i even do about it? it is his choice to become manly. or whatever. i don’t care.”

“of course you care! you are his boyfriend damn it -” another slice. “i don’t care. bring back my baby sanghyuk or else.” wait, hakyeon is tearing up -

“fine. i’ll talk to him” hongbin simply replied. he was so done with hakyeon’s . what he said was just to make hakyeon shut up. hakyeon in the other hand was smiling so brightly. he was so happy, he shouted a thanks as he skipped away to pester taekwoon.

hongbin took out his phone to message his boyfriend. where is sanghyuk?

to : hyukkie 
where are u dip

from : hyukkie
in your heart ;*

to : hyukkie
you tried :’) i miss you, hurry back home!

from : hyukkie
awe miss u too hyung i’m at the gym btw, be back soon xxxxxxxxx

'so he’s at the gym. he needs a lesson. say goodbye to manhyuk.’

***

they decided to meet at the park because hakyeon was suddenly cleaning the whole dorm. hongbin sat on the swings as he slowly rocked back and forth, waiting patiently for his lover. he then heard the sounds of footsteps nearing him. as he looked up, he saw sanghyuk in his overly large clothes. (as usual) sanghyuk waddled over to him with ice creams in both of his hands. hongbin didn’t miss the way his boyfriend was grinning so brightly at him, like a kid in a candy shop. like a dog that just discovered peanut butter. et cetera. he was so cute. he also didn’t miss the moment when sanghyuk almost tripped because of a branch.

these are the moments when hongbin felt like 2012 all over again with his maknae. his maknae.

maybe these are the moments when hongbin felt like sanghyuk never changed. he is still sanghyuk anyways. just.. hotter.

and these are the moments that hongbin caught himself falling in love, all over again. maybe just being with sanghyuk is when he falls in love again. and, the feeling is awesome.

these are the moments where sanghyuk is still a fragile, small, innocent, cute maknae. his maknae.

“hongbin hyung!!!”

**
they were back at the dorm before 7. hongbin was on the couch, watching replays of disney movies on tv. sanghyuk was in the shower. the leader was in the kitchen to hunt for some banana milk. a few moments later, sanghyuk got out of the shower. he was wearing a dinosaur onesie. he stepped in the living room as he plopped down next to hongbin on the couch.

hakyeon strutted over to the young couple, banana milk in hand.

“hi hyung!” sanghyuk beamed. hakyeon’s heart almost fell at the cute action from his maknae. he was quite shocked. usually, hakyeon would be the one to start the conversation between any of them, especially with sanghyuk. suddenly, it’s the other way around. weird.

“hi sanghyuk-ah! feelin’ happy today?” the leader asked. the maknae eagerly nodded. he whispered something in hongbin’s ear before getting up to leave. hongbin hid his smile and focused on the tv. as the youngest left, the leader pounced on the visual with a wide grin on his face.

“so, you took my advice? or did you give him the d?”

the visual just laughed.

“something like that”

***

“so, hongbin finally gave you the d?”

“you mean doughnuts, right hyung? yeah. they were good chocolate doughnuts.”