New

At The Beginning Of Spring [ONHOLD]

I stayed still as the glass doors shut. He walked away, taking a part of me with him. That day I felt something change, the air became fresher, the sky became clearer, I felt something different, something new.

My mind sent me flashes of every detail, his fluffy blonde hair, porcelain skin, delicate rosey cheeks and deep brown eyes, I was unable to forget the slim figure that stood before me, just a few moments back. 

"I heard some voices, a new customers? Oh! Maybe a constant customer from now on." my mother squealed as she rushed down the spiral stairs, I responded with a simple nod, as I continued to stared at the doors, my eyes beginning to focus on my reflection in the glass, a white figure with splatters of colour surrounding it from every direction, almost like a painting.

 

I lightly shook my head, as if trying to detach Oh Sehun from my trail of thoughts. I spent the rest of my afternoon doing the same routine as usual, arranging flowers, pleasing customers and watching as new faces passed by, the sky shifted colour, and shadows formed.

 

I remember laying in bed that night, wondering if my family will decide to settle down in this country, and if we did, would I get the chance to knock down more of Oh Sehun's walls, and become someone that could stay by his side. What I did not know was that I would soon find the answers to all of those thoughts, or they would find me in some way.

 

 

I was always quite independent, I woke up three hours before my first class so that I had enough time to wander through the buildings trying to find the right location, every morning before setting off, I would help my father with carrying new batches of flowers into our store, drag my younger brother out of bed and help my youngest sister with tying her long hair into her desirable hairstyles, before they ran off to help our mom with breakfast.

Luna, the oldest of the two, would go around the table while arranging cereal boxes and side snacks onto the long table, I would watch her caramel bob rise and fall as she skipped opposite me, with a huge smile plastered into her face. Her personality never matched her twelve year old brain, but that's exactly what I love about my family, they're different.

Meanwhile Wendy, the youngest of my siblings, specifically an eight year old with golden flowing hair and a neat full fringe, spent her time arranging toast onto a large plate, trying her best to create a pretty pattern, but ended up just scattering a large amount of crumbs on the kitchen counter, our mother never minded though, in fact, her carefree yet loving personality made our family bonds grow even stronger as she just smiled at her youngest daughter. 

 

Breakfast in our house always involved everyone sitting at the table and sharing their plans for the day, usually a couple of jokes would be told and everyone would exchange encouraging words. Once everyone had finished breakfast and cleaned the dishes afterwards, I would pull the third youngest child around the house, making sure he would not slow me down, as it was my job to get him, along with some of my other siblings, safely to their high school, which happened to be right beside my college.

The sloth was fifteen years old, his closet was mostly made up of tight jeans and plain white tees, while his hair was dyed a deep bluish black. His name was Jungkook, but I prefered to call him Kookie, I call it sibling love, he calls it annoying...that brat. Once we got outside of our house, we got ready to set off on our bikes, each matching us perfectly, mine was vintage and hipster looking, with light grey and white details, while Kookie's was red and white, with a quite modern look.

 

Just when I was about to press my foot against a pedal, I heard the door to our flower shop open, "what the hell guys? Wait for us!" We heard two voices shouting towards us.

Before I continue, I should probably clear something up, I am my parents' only blood related child, my parents own an extremely successful branch of businesses around the world, yet to them family always comes first, instead of making more children, they decided to give a family to those who didn't have one, which is how I ended up with five younger siblings. Even though we are not blood related, we give off that kind of atmosphere, even though we are all different, personality and visually wise, we are still extremely close and over protective when it comes to one another. It's nice, because we're never lonely.

 

One of the boys charged towards his bike, immediately making his was towards us, as the other suddenly decided to take his time, I turned to Mark, the eighteen year old with strawberry blonde hair that was cycling around me due to boredom, "he's gonna take ages now isn't he?" I asked with a slight hint of annoyance in my voice, "probably" Mark sighed back, but before we knew it, Jae was making his way out of our house doors and was already on his bike beside us, "finally~" the three of us groaned at the seventeen year old with bold framed glasses.

 

Since the high school and college were beside each other, it was my duty to get Mr.plain white tee and Sir bold hipster glasses to their high school, along with helping Mark around the college, since it was his first year as a student our arts college, I wanted to do my best to help him enjoy the next couple of years there, even though I could not barge into his dance classes to make sure everything was going well there, I made sure to guide him around the buildings and introduce him to some interesting professors.

 

Only ten minutes of cycling and we were already approaching the high school, we stopped outside the gates and I hopped off my bike to walk the two boys a little closer. After embarrassing them a little, I turned 180° to make my way back towards Mark and my bike that he was kindly looking after. Before I knew it, my face was smacked against a hard surface, it took me a couple of seconds to put my thoughts together and push myself away, when I looked up to see the cause of this scene, my eyes met with familiar dark orbs, "Oh Sehun?" I asked in surprise, which was a little stupid of me since it was obviously him, "at your service" he smirked back, I raised my eyebrow at his, his sudden confidence showed me a side of him that I had not seen the day before.

 

Somehow it seemed like he was struggling to break our eye contact, but a firm hand on his shoulder helped him with it, "what's up man, new " the boy with caramel skin and plump lips asked, I cannot say that I was a little hurt by his remark, okay a lot. I watched to see Sehun's response, let's just say I expected something else, the scene of a high five and sound of laughter was not what I imagined him to respond with. His gave averted back to me, "so you new here, Miss Green?" He asked with a husky voice that somehow no longer affected me. "No, I'm a college student majoring in fine arts, I'm here to take my younger brothers to school, but I'm about to leave." I spoke with a flat voice, speaking in a stern voice would make me look like I cared too much about their off putting behaviour, if I spoke kindly I would have just looked naïve.

 Walked around the two tall males and made my way towards the gates. "Hey June!" I ignored the calls, but could feel a presence or two following me, so I just decided to keep walking, scenes like these belong in dramas, not in real life, and I wanted to make the line between the two blood and clear.

I just about made it out of the school gates, my lungs released a sigh of relief, which was soon ruined by a hand around my wrist and the action of me being spun around, I feared that soon those dark orbs of his would just become a feared sight. "Listen" he looked back at his friend who was stood only a few metres away, out of nowhere he decided to whisper "I'm not usually like this, I'm sorry that I didn't say anything to Jongin when he spoke like that about you, I-" I cut him off with a simple and slow action, I reached for his hand that was currently on my wrist and unraveled his finger from around it.

I backed away with the palms of my hands facing him, "bye, Oh Sehun" "wai-" he was once again cut off, this time not by me. I saw covered by a figure that stood tall and proud in front of me, I knew it was mark. A small smile appeared on my face at the unexpected confidence that appeared inside him, I reached out and ruffled his fluffy hair a little to show my gratitude.

 I noticed the small crowd slowly growing around the commotion we were creating, i then saw Jungkook slipping out of the group and heading towards me, "noona are you okay? What's going on?" He asked while cutely wrapping his arms around one of mine, "nothing Kookie, we're actually about to leave" I spoke as I used my free hand to lightly tug onto Mark's shirt "come on Mark, you know I like to arrive at college early" and so he turned to me slightly and nodded with a soft smile, we ruffled Kookie's hair and I subtly straightened out his scruffy uniform before leaving.

I expected to never meet those chocolate brown orbs again, but life decides on itself, doesn't it?

 

-----------------------

WOOO FINALLY

This definitely took more than a week but it also ended up being longer than expected so ehh...

Also no one will understand the struggle I just went through. I live in England, but for the purpose of this story I used the American years in school so Middle School -> High School -> College instead of Secondary -> College -> University

The amount of times I accidentally wrote University instead of College ;--; deathhhhh

This was kind of a filler chapter but I promise there will be more Sehun in the next one

Bye for now o(*≧□≦)o ~!!