Blooming

At The Beginning Of Spring [ONHOLD]

I guess you could say that I was a locked door, and she was the key. But at the same time that doesn't make sense, does it? She made me open up for eternity, and for that to be possible with a door, the key must be destroyed or lost, but I wanted her to stay by my side forever. 

Don't misunderstand me. I don't believe in 'love at first sight', how can you fall in love because of a single look? That's just ridiculous, not knowing anything about a person yet saying that you love them, ridiculous.

For me it was more of a situation where...the colours of fully bloomed flowers blended together as the background of a canvas, contrast, tone and beauty everywhere you looked, yet the girl in a plain white T-shirt and neat brown hair up to her waist, was the only thing my eyes could focus on, to me she was the main object on the painting, and all my eyes wanted to do at that moment was analyse, she was intriguing.

Her every move looked so graceful, the way her chest rose and fell in a soft rhythm, how the corners of her lips twitched upwards as she scanned the life surrounding her, and how her lips slightly parted when her beer brown eyes met mine.

 

 

As I entered the small building, the smell of fresh paint invaded my nostrils, making me wrinkle my nose a little, if I didn't know better, I would have said she smiled at my reaction. Finding it amusing.

Now that I think back to that moment, the walls were all different colours, pale and pastel, similar to the outdoor aesthetics of the shop, I now see their resemblance to a canvas, the plants playing the role of paint.

'June', the writing on her name tag imprinted into the back of my brain, I will never forget how simple yet adorable her handwriting looked on that tag, and the miniature flowers she had doodled onto its white background.

I still laugh about it now, oh the irony. A girl that I met at the beginning of Spring, that worked as a florist, her favourite time of the month is when the snow finally melts and reveals life, yet she was named after a month in Summer, to this day I keep this fact as an easy reason to pick on her, and the fact that her parents almost called her April, since that is the month she was born in. I guess not everybody can be that lucky, can they?

 

When I stood in front of her, it almost seemed as if time had stopped. For the first time, words could not be put together to express how I felt, it was as if I was reborn, and she was the reason. I cleared my throat, realising that I was stood there staring at her for the past twenty seconds. "I would like to buy a flower" I spoke, trying my best to sound like my usual confident self.

One of her eyebrows was raised slightly when she processed my request in her mind. "Only one? You know, people usually buy more than one to make it look impressive, more importantly it looks much more beautiful." She explained in a delicate yet carefree tone. "T-two flowers?" I asked, mentally hitting myself for stuttering. I think my mixed emotions towards myself showed on my face, because the second I looked back up at her, she was using one of her hands and a cough to cover the wide smile plastered onto her face.

First wall down.

"It's up to you" she smiled "but the most important question is, which flowers would you like?" She continued. I hesitantly made my eyes leave hers to scan my surroundings. All of them were beautiful to me, although the most beautiful flower was stood behind the counter, not like I would say that out loud.

 

I looked back at her for guidance, to be shown a sight that took my breath away, when our eyes met, the sun rays breaking through the store's windows blended with her saturated brown eyes, creating a heartwarming orange swirl. I turned my head and pointed at a bunch of flowers to my right, the same glossy orange as her eyes "I'd like those orange flowers" I said. She lightly nodded "Tulips, Good choice"  her smile grew lightly "they're actually my favourite".

Once she zigzagged around the other blooming colours to reach the one I desired, her head rotated slightly in my direction, enough to indicate that she was about to speak but not enough to meet my eyes. "How many would you like?" "You pick the right amount for me" I requested, she gently placed around ten flowers into her hands, before returning to the counter.

I watched as she prepared the flowers, in my eyes she looked like she had been doing this type of job for years, every swift movement made her work look more and more professional. When she looked satisfied with her arrangements, her eyes once again met mine "what colour would you like the wrapping paper and would you like a ribbon with it too?" I nodded, looked back at her shirt for a millisecond to then answer "white, please".

I continued to watch as she spread a layer of thick, translucent tissue paper onto the surface of her wooden counter, after brushing away the unneeded remainings of stalks. She placed the flowers near the centre and began to cut away at the edges of the paper, probably a way to make it wrap easily, she kept the tissue paper in place with some matt tape and finished it off with a white ribbon that wrapped around twice.

A smile never left her face, but it grew when she lifted the bouquet to her chest, one hand around the bottom and the other supporting the top. "How does it look?" She asked, the question ran a couple times through my head before I was able to respond "beautiful", she showed me her eye smile, which I already knew was contagious, "I'm relieved, I haven't helped my parents out ever since we moved here, kinda felt like I was losing it" she laughed softly at her own statement.

second wall down.

"That will be 5,000 won, please" I was surprised at the low price, but instead of questioning it, I gave her the requested amount plus a little more "this is the first time I'm buying flowers, and I think I'll start to do it more often" I sighed while once again looking at the colour palettes surrounding us "I haven't felt this relaxed and happy in months" I continued.

The girl bowed lightly when she noticed the extra change in front of her. "This is a new store since we move to a different country ever few years, and along with that we move our flowers, I still hope that many people will be just as happy as you, and that we get a lot of stable customers" she explained "I'll be sure to become one of them" I said, once again trying to sound confident. "I hope so too" she smiled back.

Third wall down.

I nodded my head with a light smirk while walking backwards, not wanting to waste an opportunity to exchange more words with her, I halted around halfway towards the door, "before I forget to ask, what's your name?" An amused look grew on her face, the type that suggests her looking down on my intelligence, she lifted her hand and pointed at her name tag, to which I literally face palmed, idiot.

"My surname is Green" she laughed, I cleared my throat awkwardly and replied "S-Sehun, Oh Sehun" I continued walking backwards, wanting to take in as much of the beauty that was in front of me as possible. I hissed as my back hit against the glass doors, earning a light giggle followed by a smirk from June "I hope you're full of surprises Sehun" I nodded while once again admiring her eye smile, "I hope so too" I answered as I turned against the doors and pulled one open to exit, giving her a single wave as a goodbye.

 

And that was how I met June Green, my first love.

 

------------------------

Well...this is a thing.

AAAA okay so I've changed so many things in this chapter wanting it to be as perfect as it can get with my level of writing. I think it turned out well :3

Tulips are mine and my mother's favourite flowers, although we prefer white over orange. ^-^

I pretty much have the next 5 chapters planned out and the next chapter in rough so I'll be posting that soon!

See you next week (´。u ω u。`)⌒☆