Disappointment

At The Beginning Of Spring [ONHOLD]

I hate this. If it wasn't for those brats, I would have been home, sprawled out onto my king sized bed watching a drama, but no, Mr.delinquent over there and Sir 'I will stand here as you beat me up' had to start a drama of their own, and I do not mean the romcom that I wanted to be watching on my laptop.

 

To my left was Mark, to a stranger he would have seemed like an ordinary careless teenager, but I knew that the blank look he was sending Sehun was actually something similar to a death threat. To my right was Jungkook, looking down at his lap as he fidgeted with his hands as if he had just committed the most devastating crime. Meanwhile, opposite me was none other than Oh Sehun, a little smear of blood on his knuckles and his eyebrows knitted together as he sent fire balls at Jungkook with his eyes. I sighed as I continued to wipe the blood off Jungkook's right eyebrow and from the corner of his mouth, this was going to be a long day.

 

To be honest with you, I did not know Sehun well, but I knew Jungkook like the back of my hand, and I could tell by the nervous picking at his nails and how he just stood there like a ragdoll while Sehun attacked, I could tell he was hiding something, specifically something that would hit him back, karma.

 

 I heard a sigh coming from one side of the long table, it was their homeroom teacher, yes those idiots coincidentally had the same homeroom teacher. "Mr. Kim-" I began but he cut me off as usual "June I've told you before to just call me Junmyeon, you know this isn't the first and won't be the last time your siblings will be in this situation with us" the homeroom teacher lightly bowed and smiled in our direction before leaning onto a table and sighing, he glanced at Jungkook's face for the last time then directed his eyes to Sehun "so what did you do now, Oh Sehun?" He heaved out, making it extremely obvious that this was not Sehun's first fight...or maybe I should say attack?

"I swear I didn't start this!" Sehun shot up from his seat while turning to point in my brother's direction "he was the one that approached me randomly!" He continued shouting, meanwhile I noticed Jungkook's body slowly sinking in his chair. Something was most definitely wrong, and I was determined to find out the truth.

"First of all, please don't point, it's rude. Second of all, you were the one that jumped onto Jungkook, so how exactly did he start this?" I looked at Sehun's face, I could tell that he was thinking back to that moment and whatever happened back there, the memory imprinted a dull expression onto Sehun's face, now I definitely knew Jungkook must have crossed the line. I wanted to know what had occurred around an hour ago, but all that came out of Sehun's mouth at that moment was "I'd rather not repeat what he said." as he looked down at his feet.

 

Junmyeon groaned at Sehun's response, unlike him, I knew what I had to do. I rose from my chair "do you mind if I talk to Sehun in private?" to which everyone's faces grew shocked and maybe a little worried. "If Sehun agrees..." Junmyeon spoke, turning his head towards the now wide eyed blonde, who just nodded in response and slowly walked behind me as we exited the room.

 

A couple seconds of pure silence lasted, the tension in the air could be cut by a knife. I called Sehun's name so that he would stop staring down at his feet and make eye contact with me. A small smile appeared on my face so that he wouldn't feel too stressed.

"Don't worry, I won't yell at you. Actually, I can tell Jungkook really does have something to do with why all this occurred." To which Sehun's face responded with a surprised look. "You believe me?" I giggled amusingly at his question "50/50" to which he smiled back. "Now please could you tell me  what Jungkook did?" I asked, almost as a whisper. Sehun let out an exhausted breath as he slid down a wall onto the floor, I decided to place myself beside him, there was plenty of space along the corridor's wall, but I felt as if making our arms touch would add a little comfort from my side.

Sehun buried his face in his knees before taking a heavy breath, letting his legs fall limply as he turned to look me deep in the eyes "he told me that my mother must be happy in heaven, since she no longer has to breathe the same air as me..." I was dumbfounded, Sehun's words kept replaying in my head, my mouth was hanging open and it was as if all of the air had escaped from my lungs. Something inside of me kept rejecting the possibility of Jungkook's name being imprinted on those words. This changed when I looked back at the boy's face, tears escaping his eyes as he swiftly looked away to avoid my gaze. Heartbreaking.

 

--------------

 

I felt my cheeks becoming wet, turned my head away from the figure beside me, trying my best to keep the last percent of the strong image I had been creating for years. The cold trails of tears were suddenly countered by the warmth radiating from a body, arms around my broad structure and head slipping into the crook of my neck as her silky dark hair tickled it. A faint apology came out of in a shaky tone. She cared- it made me feel a little better.

A whimper escaped my mouth when I could no longer hold in my cries, swiftly maneuvering myself into a more comfortable position, I accepted her physical support. The scent of flowers entered my nostrils, oh how I missed that scent. 

I let myself go and cried all of my worries out, creating a small wet patch on her light grey cardigan. She didn't protest, instead she hugged me tighter, probably knowing know much I needed it.

I hadn't felt this much comfort and support in a long time, it felt nice...I felt wanted.

 

"I'll make him own up to it, if he does then I'll find out if he had a reason to say those words, either way he'll apologize" said June, before leaning away from my chest and slapping her fist into the palm of her other hand "if he doesn't want to apologize then I'll just have to encourage him to do so" she smirked. A sincere smile grew on my face, and one soon bloomed on hers in response.

I didn't know how she could possibly make peace fill my mind and my shoulders drop in relief, make me feel so welcome with just one smile. She had an effect on me. I knew I couldn't let this go, I couldn't let her go.

 

------------------------

HA! MOCK EXAMS ARE OVER SO I CAN WRITE AGAIN WOOOO...It was stressful >.>

aaa I feel like I always make things progress way too quickly /sigh/ tell me if this is true then I'll try to slow things down for June and Sehun~~ 

Also yes I'm pretty bad at keeping up with schedules so if I'm missing my 1+ updates a week please nag me about it on twitter or tumblr (@AloeNeko)

See you next update!!