Better Than Expected

Stranger

“And this is where our school’s gym is.”

I nodded.

“Come on, I’ll show you your new classroom.”

I followed the school president as he gave me a quick school tour. We passed some classrooms and he suddenly stopped in front one of them.

“This is it.” He smiled. “Don’t be nervous. Unfortunately, I have to go now. Do you have anything to ask?”

I shook my head.

“Ok then.” He turned around and walked away.

I looked at the classroom’s door; I was really scared and nervous. ‘What if they don’t like me? Will I be able to make any friends?’ I chased away my thoughts with a frown on my face.

“No, you shouldn’t be nervous! Be confident, you can do this!” I cheered myself quietly. I took a deep breath before I knocked on the door and opened it. I took a shy step towards a new chapter in my life.

“Ah, you must be the transfer student!” the teacher greeted me joyfully. “Won’t you introduce yourself?”

I faintly nodded. “Mm… I’m Lee Minji and I’m from Australia. Nice to meet you all.” I said, my eyes pointing at the ground.

“Alright, you can take your seat over there.” The teacher instructed kindly while showing the empty seat next to a boy. The boy smiled a bit as I went to my seat. I sat down hesitantly while the teacher continued with her lesson.

“Hi” the boy next to me whispered.

I looked at him. He was so… Beautiful. It’s weird for a boy to be ‘beautiful’ but I couldn’t think any other words to describe him at that moment. His eyes hinted me his innocence while his smile gave a friendly feeling.

“He-hello” I whispered back.

He giggled silently as he reached his hand out to me.

“My name is Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you, Minji.”

I shook his hand, “Same.”

The lesson finished in the blink of an eye and Jungkook took me to the cafeteria for lunch. He was really friendly and bubbly. He told me about the school, his life and his friends. He was talking non-stop but I didn’t mind it, he was so cute.

“Jungkook-ah! Over here!” someone called out.

I saw a group of people were sitting around a table, waving their hands to Jungkook.

“Come, Minji” he dragged me towards his friends. I shyly stood there, not being able to say a word.

“Hey hyungs, uhmm… I was wondering if Minji could sit with us too…” Jungkook said cutely. The boys agreed quite easily and we sat down.

“So” the boy who was sitting next to me said, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you around so can you introduce yourself?”

“Oh right, Mianhaeyo ‘I’m sorry’. My name is Lee Minji, I’m a transfer student from Australia.” I answered shyly.

“Wow, Australia? So cool!” a boy commented excitedly.

“Hyungs, introduce yourself too” Jungkook said as he smiled.

“Mian, mian!” they said. I smiled a bit at their funny reactions.

“My name is Jin, nice to meet you Minji” a boy spoke. “I’m also the oldest here, in this group.”

“I’m Yoongi but I prefer to be called Suga.” Other one said.

“I’m Namjoon but I go by Rap Monster” said another boy.

“I’m Jimin.” A cute boy added.

“I’m Taehyung. I’m V!” a weirdo said. I giggled at his introduction. “Just call me V!” he added.

And I’m J-Hope, I’m your hope.” The last one said in a flirtatious way. I blushed slightly, not being used to be flirted… Was he really flirting with me? I’m not even sure.

“And we already met but let me tell you once again in front of my hyungs. I’m Jungkook, the maknae of this group.”

“Together we are… 1, 2, and 3! Bang-Tan! Annyeonghaseoyo! We’re Bangtan Sonyeondan!” They did their greeting.

“Nice to meet you but…uhmm… why do you exactly have a greeting?” I asked frankly.

They were caught off guard and after some seconds of silence they all started to laugh. I was confused, did I ask something that funny?

“Minji-yah, we are one of the school bands- I mean groups. We are trainees under an entertainment and we are preparing for our debut which is quite soon.” Jin replied, being the first one to calm himself down.

“Oh…” was I could say as an answer.

We talked about them being trainees and about the positions of them in the group. We had a good time getting to know about each other and chatting.

“Ah! Mianhae Minji-yah!” said Jungkook for the 10th time now. He was sad that we had different classes and that he won’t be with me.

“For the hundredth time, it’s ok Jungkook.” I smiled. “Come one now, go to your class or we both will be late.”

Jungkook made a cute face as he said “So you’ll wait for me after school?”

“Sure”

“Cool, see you later then, Minji-yah!”

I smiled myself as I turned around to go to my class. ‘Jungkook is really cute’ I thought. I fell so deep in my thoughts that for a moment, I didn’t realize I bumped to someone.

“Cheseonghabnida. ‘I’m really sorry’” I bowed my head.

“I prefer if you’d be more careful next time. Actually I suggest it.” The person said.

I looked up, only to see a boy staring at me. More like glaring at me. His eyes were so cold that it actually gave me shivers and I got scared.