Chapter 5

Always Keep The Faith

“Hyungggg…” Minho waved Changmin.

That night was one of Kyu lines’s gathering night. They were having some of their drinking nights in the private room the café had provided.

“O, everybody’s here already. Mian, there was traffic  jam out there.”

“Changmin-ah!” Kyuhyun patted an empty space beside him.

“Hey, how are you doing Kyu?” Changmin made way towards Kyuhyun and took a seat beside him.

“Hey, are you alright? Are you sure you’ve got nothing to say?” Kyuhyun looked worried.

“Mwo-ya? Everybody seems to get worried about me lately.”

“Yah, of course we are. You never talked about anything that bothers you. Stop acting tough.”

Changmin just smiled. “ Gwenchana Kyuhyun-ah. That’s why I’m here tonight. To release my stress. Let’s drink..”

They’d been drinking and talking so much that night. While Minho and Ryeowook had already got drunk, Changmin and Kyuhyun were still sober enough. They were sure heavy drinkers.

“Changmin-ah, you know I can’t offer you anything but you know you can always count on me. I know how it felt like. So please just talk if you got any problems. Maybe I won’t be much help for you but I’ll be sure to hear all your problems. We are the evil maknaes who sticks together, aren’t we?” Kyuhyun grinned.

“Yah, who says I want to stick together with you, huh?” Changmin slapped Kyuhyun’s back.

Kyuhyun pouted. “Kyuhyun-ah, I’m okay. Really. Knowing that I have you and Qian make me feel at ease. Along with you and Qian, I think I would be unbeatable.”

He looked at the slightly older man in front of him. He was actually closer to Kibum in the beginning, he didn’t know exactly since when they started hanging out together. During his hard times Kyuhyun had always been there. He didn’t talk much nor speak much comforted words but he was there. Staying beside him, ready to offer any help if needed.

“You know, speaking of Qian, she keeps getting worried about you lately.” Kyuhyun told him.

“Does she?”

“Yah, you shouldn’t make her worried. She’s been busy preparing her comeback and getting worried about you stressed her more. You should call her sometimes.”

“I will. I might as well step by to meet her tomorrow.”

“Well, if you had time now, you could actually see her. She’s in the office. Practice.”

“At this late hours?” Changmin asked. “ But, how could you now her schedule? You guys don’t have something going on, right?” Changmin .

“Yah.” Kyuhyun flustred. “She was my dongsaeng, of course I would know.”

“Really?” Changmin kept teasing him.

“Yah… It’s true. She likes someone else after all.”

“Do you know about it too? Who is it?” Changmin kept bugging him. “How come I’m the only one who knows nothing? It’s not fair.” Changmin pouted.

“Nah, it’s because I’m smart.” Kyuhyun chuckled.

---------------------------------

The building looked dark from the outside. Changmin started to walk in from the back entrance and soon after he found a room with a bright light. It was 3 AM but he could heard a song being played in that room. He looked at the girl in the room. She was wearing sweat pants and loose T-shirt with no make up at all. With her loose brown hair and the way she danced gracefully, Changmin couldn’t deny that the girl was just simply beautiful. She was gorgeous. One of a kind that he hardly seen before. Changmin remembered seeing her for the first time that time. It was during that Seoul CF commercial. TVXQ, all five of them, and her were starred in that commercial. He remembered he barely even talked to her. He was shy. He’d always been shy around girls before. Unlike his hyungs, especially Jaejoong and Yoochun. They could casually talked to each other and he could recall that Yoochun had been telling him that she was so pretty and polite. So, he was kind of surprise when Kyuhyun introduced her as his bestfriend. The girl that he’d barely even talked to before had become his bestfriends as well.

Changmin had been staring her for a moment when Victoria suddenly fell.

“Ouch..” She touched her legs.

Changmin was quick though. He ran over and started to examine her legs.

“Gwenchana? Does it hurt?”

“Changmin-ah.. What are you doing at this hour?” She looked at him. Surprised.

“Where does it hurt? Here?” He pressed his hand on her leg.

“Aaa… It hurts.”

“Yah, you should’ve been more careful”, Changmin began massaging her legs, “And how come there were no members here? Who would look after you if something happened?”

“I didn’t have any time to practice because of my schedule. That’s why I’m practicing alone right now.” She explained.

Changmin stayed with her during her practice time. Sometimes he would scold her if she’s forcing herself. He took her phone and started to look through her phone.

“What are you doing?” Victoria asked.

“Cute, isn’t it?” Changmin showed the purple bear handphone strap which was hanging on her phone.

“It’s a gift. I have the same too”.Changmin showed his.

“It’s cute.” She examined the bear. “Does Kyuhyun also have this too?”

“Yah, why does that kid should have too? It’s a girl’s stuff. Why do I have to give it to him?”

Victoria chuckled. “Gomawo, Changmin-ah.”

“Well, it’s nothing big actually. I also set personal ringtone for you. So when people call you, they will hear this song.” Changmin called her phone and he set his own phone on loudspeaker.

It was TVXQ’s song. She. “You’re not allowed to change it Miss Song” he added.

“Qian-ah, thank you for always be there for me. I’d never had a chance to thank you properly.  I kow it’s just a small gift but I hope you like it and also mianhae for making you worried. I’m fine now. You should concentrate on your comeback. Ne?”

“Changmin-ah..”

Victoria didn’t know what to say. But deep in her heart, she felt really grateful. For her, this small gift had made her heart felt warm.