Chapter 4

Always Keep The Faith

When Yunho came home, he saw Changmin sleeping on Victoria’s lap. She was caressing Changmin’s hair and didn’t notice that Yunho had come.

                “Qian-ah..” Yunho called.

Victoria was startled and slowly bowed at Yunho, afraid that she might awakened Changmin.

                “Ah, oppa…You came. I didn’t notice, sorry.”

                “You must have been tired. How long has he fallen asleep?”

                “Aniyo. Gwenchanayo oppa.. Maybe for half an hour? I don’t  know. I’m not too sure.”

                “It’s late. Don’t you want to go home?”

                “But I don’t want to wake him up. It’s okay. I’ll just stay for a little while more.”

Victoria looked at Changmin so longingly. She liked to see his sleeping figure. He looked so peaceful, so pure, so free. She soothed his hair gently, thinking how hurt he must had felt before that she didn’t realize Yunho had been watching her the whole time.

                “Do you like him Qian?”

Victoria surprised. She actually never thought that Yunho would ask something like that to her.

                “Is it that obvious oppa?”

                “I guess if anybody ever saw the way you looked at Changmin just now, they would realize it. But I always thought you are closer to Kyuhyun.”

                “I am. Kyuhyun was like my family, my brother, my friend but he’d never be the one that I would like to protect with all my heart. Unlike this person here. I just wish I could protect him during his  hard times.” Victoria smiled at Changmin.

                “Gomawo”

                “Wae yo?”

                “To be there for him. You know, he might be a bit stubborn, likes to nag, eat much as if there was no tomorrow and a bit evil but he is actually such a kindhearted person. He just can’t show it because he tends to keep everything by himself.”

                “I know oppa.” Victoria just smiled.

-----------------------------------

Changmin felt his heart at ease the next day. Everything that he kept inside for so long was all released. He could never been so grateful to Victoria. She was one of the reasons why he must stayed at the company. One of the good things that happened during his time in the company.

                “Yunho-ssi, what’s your opinion about JYJ? Are you guys still contacting each other? They said they tried to reach you but they got no response.”

They were in the middle of one interview and one of the reporters just asked about JYJ to Yunho. Changmin looked at Yunho, wondering his hyung’s thoughts. Ironic. He thought. Seeing other people could easily meet them. Talked to them. While here, he and Yunho never got the chance to.Too many issues had grown. Too many misunderstandings. They could actually never be resolved unless both parties met.

“No, it’s not true. I haven’t received any single call from them. There were too many prank calls lately. So I wouldn’t pick my phone if I didn’t know the number. And I’d tried to call them but it seems they’d changed their numbers”

Changmin felt surprised. He never knew that Yunho’d been trying to call JYJ. He’d never even tried to call his hyungs. Not even once.

----------------------------------

“I wanted to say answer this personally. I, myself, will tell you. There may have not been a lot but those sent text messages..do you know how hard it was to send them..I sent those text messages again so be sure to check”

Jaejoong tweeted using his official twitter account the next day.

News spread so fast. The fans had began speculating Jaejoong’s tweet was prior to what Yunho had said the day before. Seeing the news, Changmin ran over to find Yunho stared at his phone.

“Hyung..” He began

“Yunho-ah. It’s me Jaejoongie. How are you? Are you fine? Do you have time? You know, we could probably spend some time together. Ask Changmin to come too. I miss you guys so damn much.” Yunho looked at Changmin. Tears were visible at Yunho’s eyes.

“Hyung..” Changmin couldn’t utter any words when suddenly Yunho hugged him.

“Let’s go meet him Changmin-ah… ne? I misss them”

Changmin just nodded.

They hadn’t had a chance to meet of course. TVXQ was busy promoting their new album while JYJ was busy doing their individual activities. But at least they called each other. They texted each other. However, Changmin never called nor texted them by himself. Every conversation was made using Yunho’s phone. He talked to them but he just couldn’t bring himself to initiate a conversation. He didn’t know why. Something was holding him back.