Chapter 3

Always Keep The Faith

We thought we needed to protect TVXQ’s name. When a swarm of geese prepare to migrate, they never forget to make the correct formation. I don’t think it’s right when a few of the geese who chose to broke away still considered themselves as part of the flock.”

Changmin told his opinion regarding the question about TVXQ and JYJ during one interview that day. What Changmin had said had had turned the fans into a chaos state. Fans from all over the world kept discussing what it was supposed to mean. Some were blaming him. Some were trying to defend him. And some were trying to remain neutral. Nevertheless, the situation had become much more worse than it already’d been.

That night, Victoria came to his dorm. Yunho was there, opening the door for her.

“Annyonghasaeyo oppa..” Victoria greeted Yunho.

“ Qian-ah…. Help him please. He’d been supressing his feelings inside that he’d turned out to say those things. I’m sure he didn’t mean any of it. He just… Missed them.”

Yunho talked to Victoria, hoping that she could prevent Changmin destructing himself more.

“ I know I’m at fault too.” He continued, “ For not being able to take care of him”. He heaved a deep sigh.

“Oppa… You shouldn’t say something like that. Everyone knows you were hurt the most during the break ups.” Victoria tried to comfort him.

“But still… I shouldn’t have neglected him.  You know what, I guess I’ll just leave for some fresh air. I’ll leave you guys alone. Just take your time. “

Victoria bade goodbye to him and walked in to find Changmin staring blankly at the TV. SBS just showed an old re-run of some variety show. It was supposed to be a funny scene. But Changmin kept silent. He couldn’t enjoy the show. He kept thinking about what he had said during that interview. He regretted it. He’d never meant to say such thing. He was just… mad.

“Changmin-ah…” A familiar voice awakened him.

“Oo… Qiannie?? What are you doing here?” He looked surprised.

“ Nothing. Can’t I visit my own bestfriend?” She pouted.

He chuckled.

“Of course you can. But don’t you think that your husband will be angry if he happened to find out that you like to visit a man’s place?” Changmin .

“Ani.  He won’t. I’m sure Nichkhun-shi will understand.”

 The whole nation had known that Victoria was potraying as Nichkhun’s wife in a famous reality show, We Got Married. Most of them felt envy and jealous to see their cheesy romantic scene.

“Woah… You guys… Aigoo… You like him that much, don’t you??”

Changmin and Kyuhyun had been teasing her at how they acted lovey dovey on screen. He found it amusing to see her flustered face.

“Ani. I don’t like him.”

 “Aishh… Don’t lie. No need to lie in front of me.” Changmin grinned.

“It’s true. I don’t like him. I like someone else but he’s such a pabo that he doesn’t realize my feelings.”

 “Jeongmal?? Who is he then? Tell me..”

 “Andwae, andwae… You’ll keep teasing me if you know.” Her face began flushed red.

“Aishh… I know you’ll just trying to make up some excuse so I’ll stop teasing you and your husband.”

 “Yah, stop teasing me okay? I’m older than you so you should at least put some respect.”

"Funny at this moment you actually state a fact that you’re older than me while before you always hate that fact.”

Changmin could see Victoria’s face darkened. It’s time to stop, he thought.

 “Hey, I have your favourite wine. Let’s drink.” Changmin tried to liften her mood up.

  “ I forgive you now Shim Changmin. But there won’t be next time.” She glared at him

 “Arraso, arraso.” He chuckled.

Changmin drank another  glass of wine already that night. Victoria had lost count on how many glasses of wine he had actually drank. He couldn’t seem to stop.

“ Changmin-ah. Let’s stop.”

He didn’t care what she said and kept drinking.

“Changmin-ah. Stop. What are you doing?”

 “What’s wrong Qian-ah? I’m just enjoying the taste.”

 “Stop it okay? Just stop.”

“What’s wrong? What’s the matter if I keep drinking?”

 “Please stop your act already Changmin-ah. Please. Stop pretending.”

He took his glass down and stop drinking.

 “ Changmin-ah. It’s okay to release your feelings. I’m here for you.”

“What feelings?” He tried to look away.

 “Changmin-ah, everyone in this world has their own problems and difficulties. Everyone has their own flaws. Everyone would have been there. They love others, hurt others, hate others and forgive others. But do you know what is the hardest thing to do? It’s to forgive yourself. If you can’t forgive yourself then you wouldn’t be able to see the light again. Ne, changmin-ah?”

Changmin kept silent. Nobody had approached him before. Somehow, people around him kept assuming that he was strong. That he was fine. He looked at her. Her hand caressed his face. Victoria moved closer and the next thing he knew, he could feel Victoria was hugging him so tight. She careseed his back and whispered in his ear,

“ Changmin-ah, no matter what would happen, even though the world seem to oppose you, you have to remember that you will have me, Kyuhyun, and Yunho oppa always. We love you so much. When you’re at the wrong path, we’ll be the one who drags you to the right one. Just let it out.”

He felt his eyes watered and tears started to fall. For a long time, he had forgotten how it felt like to cry but then he was crying so loud that time. He didn’t care about anything. He just wanted to cry, pouring everything he kept inside. He clutched onto her shirt and kept saying “I miss them so much”over and over again.