[8] An Inevitable Effect

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

<< An Inevitable Effect >>

 

The loud, angry growl is coming from Jimin's empty stomach as Jimin thinks that he is hungry and decides to go buy a ramyun soup. He has left the house. He is walking down the street to go on his way to the convenience store at 24/7. The street is filled with the lights that are still on. Some parked cars are falling in line next to the long walls. Jimin arrives there by standing in front of the transparent door at the convenience store. He opens the door to enter into the room. A cashier is the only one who still works alone and stands in front of the cashier counter. A cashier bows and welcomes the guest. Jimin walks straight to the noodle section. He looks for the instant shin ramyun soup. The instant shin ramyun bowl noodle soup is covered with the red and black multi-compound aluminum foil paper with the weight of 104 grams. He founds the instant shin ramyun noodle soup and then he grabs it right away. He approaches the cashier. He puts the instant ramyun noodle soup on the counter. A cashier scans the barcode of the instant noodle soup and puts it into the plastic bag. Jimin asks, "How much is it now?" He takes out his money and shoves it towards the cashier's hand. He says, "No change, please." He bows to a cashier politely and says, "Thank you." A cashier bows back and says, "Have a good day!" Jimin just leaves for a moment. He gets out of the convenience store.

 

He walks ahead and carries the ramyun noodle inside the plastic bag in his hand. He swings the plastic bag back and forth. On the sidewalk near the city, the city is surrounded by the crowds of people, transportations, and expensive/inexpensive stores. He has brought the earphones with him. He listens to the music by singing to himself with a soft, angelic voice. He whistles and walks around the place. Even though he doesn't know, it is nothing. The environment is peaceful and quiet.

 

Some of the people are scared of the loud, strange noise banging like something crashes. They jump backward.  They widen their eyes in horrified.  The crowds of people run towards the two cars by watching them across the street in a dead silence at this moment. They start to murmur about what is happening in the incident. There are two cars colliding into crash. One of the cars is upside down. One of the cars is crashed into the strong tree. There is a smoke like a gas coming from the cars. There are many chips of glass windows that shatter on the pavement. Both of the unconscious drivers' heads are lying on the steer wheels. Their body is not moving at all.

 

Jimin stops and looks at the curious people who run toward the crowded people. He is surprised and blinks his eyes. He has no idea that something is wrong. He hears the murmur of the people's voices. He can't see it. He tries to see and lifts his feet to stand behind the people. He walks and shoves through the people to the open area. He widens his eyes and sees infront of the cars. There is a terrible accident across the street. He gasps and drops his opened jaws. He drops the plastic bag to the ground. He covers his ears with his hands and shakes his head while it reminds of him that it astonishes him from the flashback. He thinks, "There is no way I remember about that same thing, but it makes me scared of seeing the two wounded drivers badly." His legs and hands are convulsing. He steps backward. He takes a lot of trouble breathing. His heart is filled with guilty and frightening. He sweats around his face and hands.  He accidentally hits the person. The person is behind Jimin. He bows to the person without looking. He escapes from the people. He runs fast as he goes straight to go home.

 


 

After Jungkook asks Taehyung to buy an icecream, Taehyung and Jungkook are walking together down the street. We are going to the convenience store. We are now on the sidewalk near the city with the stores and streetlamps. There are many people crowding around the place.

In the midst of night, we hear something is making a low sound of rumbling and rustling.  Also, the sound of a loud siren ambulance that is coming. We halt for a moment. We look at the ambulance when the 360 degrees rotation of lights turn to flash red and white. The ambulance zooms and swishes past us right away. We suspiciously think that something is wrong. We walk on the sidewalk. We stand by the streetlamp across the street. We see that there are two drivers who unconsciously laying on the stretcher by the first aid rescuers. Jungkook sees that Jimin is standing distant from us. Jungkook pats Taehyung's shoulder and then he turns to me. Jungkook shows Taehyung where Jimin is standing with a pointed finger for once. Taehyung spots Jimin. The two cars with grey smoke are surrounded by the crowds of people. It is very terrible. The crowds of people murmur and watch the unconscious drivers and the cars.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook watch Jimin quietly, but we widen our eye to look at him. Jimin looks very panicked on his face and trembles his body uncontrollably. He avoids seeing the drivers getting hurt badly. He turns away and shoves through the people. He walks out of people. Jungkook turns to Taehyung and says, "Let's follow Jimin now!" Taehyung nods. We start to follow after Jimin. We tries to enter through the open area, but the people are blocking us. We finally shove through the people to get out of the area. We split in our different direction to look for Jimin and run around the place.  Although we can't find him, he runs fast at the speed of light movement and disappears. We are very exhausted and then a lot of sweating is coming out from our face. We stop running on the road. The road is quiet and empty.  Our hands rest on our knees. We pant so hard. We look at each other, and then Jungkook says, "V, Where is he going?" Taehyung shakes his head. I sigh heavily. Taehyung says, "What's wrong with him??" I scratch my temple and shrug uncertainly. We have seen Jimin looking so frightened of the horrified scene. We are worried that we don't know why the many reasons Jimin has in his mind. It is not proved yet.  

Anyway, Jungkook forgets to worry about Jimin as Jungkook thinks about craving for the icecream. Jungkook says, "Let's go buy an icecream! Okay?!" He throws his arm around Taehyung's shoulders. Taehyung starts to smile in more genuine. He nods and says, "Sure! Let's go now!" We then start to walk together and go back to the convenience store.


 

Jimin feels relieved when he is already at home. he sighs desperately. He throws my wallet and cellphone on the soft foamy bed. He suddenly pulls the swivel chair out. He sits at the desk in his room. It's hard to try forgetting the pains that give him some suffering. Just as he is as he looks so down and he buries his face on his hands. His elbows are resting on the desk. He rubs his eyes. He has dark circles under his eyes. He thinks why he can see the injured persons look awful. He doesn't like seeing them getting bleeding and unconscious.

 

The dreadful accident disgusts him after seeing it with his own eyes.  It gives him blistering all the sensitive skin when his body shivers coldly. The goosebumps in his skin are gone. He forgets about the acute accident. The cloud of thinking in his mind is washing away. He rolls his eyes miserably. He spins with his swivel chair around. He calms himself down from stressing a lot. He stares at the blank wall blankly. 

 

The digital clock on the wall sounds  like tick tock tick tock.........