Chapter 44

Desire For Revenge

For these few days spending time with him makes both of them feel so happy. But still, Jihyo start to feel kinda depress since she can't remeber anything about Jaejoong. She do admit the feeling that she have about him but still, Jaejoong attentive attitudes toward her makes she become more guilty ridden as she can't even remember any basic things about him. So, after depressing alone in the mansion, she decided to search for things around this mansion. Perhaps she left things that mean a lot for her or that may trigger some part of memory about both of them. She went to every single room in this mansion yet she found no answer at all. Then, she realize there's a room left in this mansion. Jaejoong's room. Decided to give it a try, she barge in his room. That time, Jaejoong is going out for his company meeting so Jihyo is left alone in the mansion.

"Well, I'll just have a short tour inside." Jihyo said cheerfully and enter his room. She wander around his room. Although she said that her motive is only to find for things that may trigger her memories, but actually it's curiosity about his life is what lure her. Just then, she heard footsteps so she quickly hide under his bed.

"Yes? * I just reach home. * Well destroy the documents about Song Jihyo. * Mine's copy is at my desk so I'll destroy it later. * Okay." Jaejoong hang up the call. From below the bed, Jihyo only see Jaejoong walking around. 

'Destroy documents? Song Jihyo?' she wondered. Then when she saw Jaejoong enter his bathroom, she quickly go out from her hiding place. But then, she is attracted by a brown envelope on his desk. Thinking the fact that this brown envelope might be the one he mentioned earlier. Due to curiosity, she open it.

'Well just a peek won't kill right?' she thought. She open it and read through the documents inside. And what's inside the envelope is probably the ones that she shouldn't even read. The one that Jaejoong try so hard to prevent her from knowing about her.

It is her passport, identification card and bank books that under her name when she use the identity of Song Jihyo.

'Maybe it's just a concidence that this woman share the same face with me.' she try to think positively. Then, she read an agreement. 

The agreement between she and Kim Jaejoong. The deal. She read through the things that they agreed with each other and at the end of the paper, it contain her sign. She then nicely put back the envelope and quickly leave his room. Return to her room, she lock the door and collapsed to the floor.

'So in the end it's just purely business between us?' she thought sadly. But refuse to think negatively, she decided to ask him regarding that so she stand up and go to his room again. But before she opened the door, she overheard Jaejoong's phone conversation again.

"What? Did everything you could to destroy the documents! If Jihyo know about all of these, all of my efforts will be in vain. I cannot afford the risk of knowing that thses things might end up trigger her memories if she happen to know about it." Jaejoong said in his serious tone.

She withdraw her hand that holding the doorknob. Holding her tears, she return to her room. But, she doesn't heard this part of Jaejoong's words in the conversation.

"I want she to live a new life without her past memories hunting her again. I want to start a new life with her. So please Seujoong, do everything you could." he stop for a while then continue.

"Because I love her too much. It's painful for me to watch her back to that full of vengeance woman." he said in desperation.

**Inside Jihyo's room**

'It is just a lie. It is just for business.' she thought while looking her reflection on the mirror. Then she look at the luggage on the top of her wardrobe.

'Let's just run away from all these disasters of my life. I was never mean for anyone. Right?' Jihyo's thought.

________________________________________________

Later that night..

Jihyo is silent and Jaejoong could sense something is occupying her mind. And he don't feel comfortable by that.

'Did her memories return? Please don't be..' he thought. As he don't want to trap alone by asking himself those questions that only she could answer, he broke the silence. But before he even opened his mouth, Jihyo ask him first.

"Song Jihyo.. *she turn to look at him* who is she?" she observe his reaction and of course Jaejoong is surprised for her sudden question. But then, he regain his composure since he don't want his effort to be ruined.

"Song Jihyo? Why are you asking?" Jaejoong asked her back.

"I heard her name when I was kidnapped remember?" she smile and act like she is just simply ask due to curiosity.

"Well, a business partner of mine." - Jaejoong

"Oh.."she act like she acknowledge his answer but.. 'I'm just a business partner..' is what she really thought inside her mind.

"Oh.. okay then." - Jihyo

Then she continue watching the TV. As he see that Jihyo seems to be fine, he also enjoy the TV with her. But, a sense of uneasy appear inside his heart. And a sense of the time is ticking too fast occured inside her. So, she went near him and hugged him. Jaejoong just froze on his spot since it's another sudden things again.

"Erm.. *flustered* Are you okay?" he asked.

"Hmph. I just feel like hugging you." she replied him. Jaejoong smile for her answer but behind him, he didn't notice the longing feeling that she feels.

Since it will be their last hug.

_______________________________________________________________

When the midnight comes, where everyone probably already sleeping, Jihyo pack her stuff inside the luggage that she saw on the top of her wardrobe. But before she going out through the back door, she stop by Jaejoong's room first.

Jaejoong is sleeping peacefully. Seeing that he is fully uncover by blanket, Jihyo cover him properly and run through his hair.

'Although I may just a business partner, but for me, you are more important than myself already.' unknowingly, tears start flow through her cheeks.

'Goodbye Kim Jaejoong. Thanks for appearing in my life. Although you need me for Kang Franchise Company, but I can't stay beside you any longer.'

'Since it hurt too much.' she thought. She kissed his forehead and Jaejoong smile in his sleep. Then she turn around and leave him.

With her heart feels so hurt thinking that she is just his puppet.